SIF, This seems to be Alfa's tack.
But to appeal to a new customer base you
need to capitalize on your existing brand
- Land Rover: Offroad SUV
- Nissan/Toyota/etc. Solid, reliable. They do 4x4s
- Porsche. Badge that'll sell anything.
- BMW. Another badge that can sell anything.
- Audi. Q5 is a turd. But that badge....
- Alfa. Errrr good looking "sporty" cars that should be a hoot?
All the others have a brand and existing market to
feed into the C/SUV models. Alfa does not.
Look at me: Alfista in an SUV. I would not get an Alfa badged
SUV given the choice of one against an Ewok.
My 2nd choice would be a Jeep.
My 3rd would be a Porsche Macaque. (
My 4th Probably the Merc GLA
An Alfa SUV isn't even my 5th choice!!!
On the other hand: If I'm switching back to a midsized 4 door
petrol with at least 200 horses? New Alfa please!