Who are you voting for tomorrow? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Poll Room You got it, just random polls in here

View Poll Results: Voting for?
Labour 5 17.24%
Lib Dem 3 10.34%
Tories 5 17.24%
UKIP 7 24.14%
Green 2 6.90%
Pirates 3 10.34%
BNP 3 10.34%
Trousers Off 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 22 Old 21-05-14 Thread Starter
Status: I'm not really here
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Club Member Number: 59
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 76,928
Garage
Who are you voting for tomorrow?

Please use this secret ballot to help me work out how many of you are racists.

Thank you
steveisfrowning is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
AO Gold Member
 
chrishendrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater London
Posts: 10,902
What no "other"??!!
chrishendrix is online now  
(Post Link) post #3 of 22 Old 22-05-14 Thread Starter
Status: I'm not really here
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Club Member Number: 59
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 76,928
Garage
steveisfrowning is offline  
Status: T-5 Days to Unicorn Paradise
AO Platinum Member
 
TheGrimJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: France
County: Riviera
Posts: 38,319
Typical UK poll turn-out I see.
TheGrimJeeper is offline  
Status: -
Unregistered
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lancashire
Posts: 57,288
:think: I'm not voting till I know it's not public
Happy Man is offline  
Status: dent free Lusso and lovin it:D
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Fast Frank's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 96
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: North Lanarkshire
Posts: 13,135

Member car:

GT Lusso 2.0 JTS

2 people are voting Lib Dem
Thery must like being lied to :loony:
Fast Frank is offline  
Status: -
AO Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: Derbyshire
Posts: 6,517
I voted "pirates" because I don't want to admit to being a right-wing racist Daily Mail-reading nutter who voted UKIP.
Dave Brand is offline  
Status: T-5 Days to Unicorn Paradise
AO Platinum Member
 
TheGrimJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: France
County: Riviera
Posts: 38,319
AARG!
TheGrimJeeper is offline  
Status: Molto felice
AO Rosso Alfa Member
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: Bristol
Posts: 54,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Frank View Post
2 people are voting Lib Dem
Thery must like being lied to :loony:
You don't really think there is a single political party
anywhere in the world that hasn't ever lied, do you



Gibbo is offline  
Status: Molto felice
AO Rosso Alfa Member
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: Bristol
Posts: 54,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
I voted "pirates" because I don't want to admit to being a right-wing racist Daily Mail-reading nutter who voted UKIP.
What happened to courage and conviction?



Gibbo is offline  
Status: Petrol head
AO Platinum Member
 
cue2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Kent
Posts: 31,425
A scary choice of racist candidates but at least it diffuses their power. There was a "Harmony Party " candidate but their policies were anti immigration. That seemed paradoxical.
cue2 is online now  
Status: T-5 Days to Unicorn Paradise
AO Platinum Member
 
TheGrimJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: France
County: Riviera
Posts: 38,319
Were there a Symphony, Rhapsody, Melody and Destiny parties too?



TheGrimJeeper is offline  
Status: Petrol head
AO Platinum Member
 
cue2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Kent
Posts: 31,425
Harmony Hairspray -


Is She Or Isn't She?
cue2 is online now  
(Post Link) post #14 of 22 Old 22-05-14 Thread Starter
Status: I'm not really here
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Club Member Number: 59
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 76,928
Garage
Is it the case that UKIP votes are protest votes or are they a genuine endorsement of a political movement?
steveisfrowning is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
MalcQV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 13,519

Member car:

Office Chair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveisfrowning View Post
Is it the case that UKIP votes are protest votes or are they a genuine endorsement of a political movement?
Either way their popularity is frightening. You only have to glimpse at FB to see it :/
MalcQV is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
Ralf S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The land that Time forgot
Posts: 13,073
I voted BNP (on this poll, not in real life.. ) because;

a) When I see "BNP" I read "Burger King" ..
b) It's more interesting for random thread posting outrage..


Ralf S.
Ralf S. is offline  
Status: zzzzzzzz
AO Platinum Member
 
symon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Oxfordshire
Posts: 37,023
Most of the media backed by the main political parties seem to be whipping up a storm regarding UKIP and racism.

It is true that there are rogue candidates in UKIP, but then there are rogue candidates and MP's in other parties.

It seems to me that the main 3 political parties, backed by their supporting tabloid newspapers are now taking UKIP more seriously as a threat and are trying underhand tactics to stop it.


Maybe if those now in power actually listen to public opinion once in a while and actually served the people they were elected to serve rather than the other way around people wouldn't need to vote UKIP.

And the public resent being called racist and xenophobic simply because they care about their own country, so any attempt by the media to try and put this message across is bound to backfire.

For the record I didn't vote as I don't agree with there being a European parliament. And voting gives it some form of legitimacy.

Last edited by symon; 23-05-14 at 09:29.
symon is online now  
Status: Petrol head
AO Platinum Member
 
cue2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Kent
Posts: 31,425
Not only should candidates have nominees to get on the list , but policies would be good. UKIP make things up as they go along.
cue2 is online now  
Status: G7 JTS is back :D
AO Gold Member
 
Lynn GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: -
Posts: 7,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by symon View Post
For the record I didn't vote as I don't agree with there being a European parliament. And voting gives it some form of legitimacy.
I think that's a shame, but at least you have a reason rather than just apathy.

It's interesting that you say that you don't agree with their being a European parliament. So often I hear people say Europe made this law and Europe made that law, as though it's some entity over there that we have nothing to do with but keeps imposing things on us. We're part of it and so are party to the decisions - so for it's important to vote to make sure I have a say on who's there representing me.

Passion: there are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your Heart...pursue those
Lynn GT is offline  
(Post Link) post #20 of 22 Old 24-05-14 Thread Starter
Status: I'm not really here
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Club Member Number: 59
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 76,928
Garage
I'm hoping we have some wind-ups among us. This distribution suggests we have a larger proportion of racist fact-denying detail-avoiding argument-dodging surface-skimming map-ignoring sandal-scorning book-burning muppets among our population than exists in the general population.



Can we have a cull?
steveisfrowning is offline  
Status: -
AO Gold Member
 
chrishendrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater London
Posts: 10,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveisfrowning View Post
I'm hoping we have some wind-ups among us. This distribution suggests we have a larger proportion of racist fact-denying detail-avoiding argument-dodging surface-skimming map-ignoring sandal-scorning book-burning muppets among our population than exists in the general population.



Can we have a cull?
Lovely turn of phrase
I'd like to hear Quinn sing that

"Sandal-scorning"
chrishendrix is online now  
Status: Petrol head
AO Platinum Member
 
cue2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Kent
Posts: 31,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveisfrowning View Post
I'm hoping we have some wind-ups among us. This distribution suggests we have a larger proportion of racist fact-denying detail-avoiding argument-dodging surface-skimming map-ignoring sandal-scorning book-burning muppets among our population than exists in the general population.



Can we have a cull?

We could poison their tabloids!
Don't want a cull as expensive per unit as the badgers.
cue2 is online now  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Poll Room

Tags
tomorrow , voting

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome