Alfa Dealers - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Poll Room You got it, just random polls in here

View Poll Results: Have you had a positive experience with an Alfa Dealer
Yes, they're so good I want to marry them 7 18.92%
Could be better, could be worse 18 48.65%
No, they should all be shot 11 29.73%
Never used a dealer 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

(Post Link) post #1 of 18 Old 10-04-06 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Alfa Dealers

I've not read many posts that have a positive opinion of Alfa Dealers, but are all your experiences of them bad?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: -
Re: Alfa Dealers

Yep, pretty awful TBH.

The 156 was in all last week for 48k miles service, new disks and new gearbox under warranty. Only the service was done and they had the car for a full working week!!! Made excuses about inspections etc. Bear in mind that I booked it all 3 months ago!!!

I'm sick and tired of it. Really I am. By contrast, we run a Mondeo as a pool car. Faultless and the service/work is ALWAYS done on time, always to the quoted price and the car is valeted too. Alfa dealers need to learn something called customer care.

-Keep It Moist-
I'm experiencing deja vu and amnesia at the same time... I think I've forgotten this before.
145 QV->156 1.8->166 3.0->156SW 2.4->166 3.0 V6->156 2.4 20v->2.0Spider->159 2.4->159 2.4->159 TI 2.4 Modifica->Merc C-Class->Jag XJ->Boxster S->BMW 335d XD ->BMW 440i->Merc AMG

AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Cleveland Cars In Ash were very good but lost the dealership when Fiat/Alfa UK insisted they split up the Fiat part from the Alfa by getting a new showroom which they couldn't afford.

So I voted yes, but all the others have been pants.
Spacecadet

Predicted 6 days to fix Selespeed, done in 1!

Love them!

Andy

wrinx

My local was always pretty good when I used them, but that was only for normal servicing and many moons ago. But, get my OE bits from them and no problems there at all, always delivered when they say and they're helpful.

wrinx

AO Member

Member car:

hairdressers car

for the time i had my 147 i visited for service and annoying bulbs going and got a fantastic service, timely and costwise very reasonable

thumbs up here!!

the alfa dealer near me broke a 1850 V6 by using the wrong cam locking tool - then tried to say that it was like that when I took (drove!) it to the shop!! - cheeky git.
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire

Fish brothers in swindon told me a bare faced lie about a car I was buying. Unfortunately I did not find out after I had bought the car. They told me the car I was buying was owned by Alfa as a demondstrator, it turned out to be a ex hire car from hertz. Also I later discovered the car had been re-sprayed. It was a good paint job though so was hard to tell..
Founder of AO

County: Essex

Member car:

Maserati GTS

not all are bad, but most are... like 85%
GJ
AO Platinum Member

County: Herefordshire

Member car:

Spider S4

Having owned a good variety of cars from various manufacturers.....

I don't think my Alfa Dealer (Lisles of Hitchin) is bad...... in fact they seem very good. They have fixed the problems I have had and seem to hold customer satisfaction high on their list.

I've had rotten service from both Ford and Vauxhall...... in particular the latter who could not solve rear brakes (on an Astra) locking overnight when it was wet. It's very embarassing driving off with your rear wheels locked

Ford made no comment about both front springs breaking on "Senior Management's" KA until I *****ed at them. When they finally paid me 50% of the replacement cost (despite the problems being widely reported in the press).

For some reason all Car Salesmen/Dealers/Mechanics have always found it difficult to take on the responsibility for service and customer satisfaction that has come to mean so much in other industries.

My experience over XX years is that they are all pretty much of a muchness...........

I haven't found Alfa Dealers any worse than others......

EddieGTA

Hmmm well I chose the I would marry them but would be somewhere between that and could do better. They could be better but mostly if Alfa gave them the means i.e. parts arriving on time.

I used Ancaster in Welling and really could not fault them. I had the airbag light come on and the speedo was replaced due to the recall. The airbag prob was the rear ones and they were re-wired in the afternoon i took the car. Speedo was ordered that day and changed the next week. Add to that when the car was serviced they looked up any other recalls and sorted out any outstanding ones I really have to recommend them if you are in this area.

Sister bought my Punto and it was missing the centre seatbelt, this was on order for months. Not their fault but annoying. Anyhoo when it did arrive it turned out one of their mechanics lived near her and he saved her some time by picking the car up and returning it

Ancaster Welling 5 stars, though sadly they only sell Fiat now but do still service alfas.

AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire

I took a citroen C5 in for a service the other day for the company I work for into a garage in Abingdon (no names..) they returned the car with the airbag light on, even though this was mentioned when the car was taken in.. Nice totty in the dealership though.

my dealer seems to swing from one to the other...

....stopped using them as i wasn't happy with the work done to my 156:

1. Was told mirror defrost worked when it plainly didn't
2. elec window stopped working withing a couple of weeks of replacement

gave them another go with the GT

1.good service at 12K
2.let me park my car in secure compound after it had been broken into, even though they weren't replacing the window
3. long wait without couretesy car waiting for new bumper (although the part is Alfa, not the dealer) and fell fobbed off to vauxhall garage for body shop (owened by same franchise but advertised as an Alfa bodyshop) got a couretsy car from body shop eventually , but it was a Vauxhall : Vauxhall garage staff helpful and sympathetic Alfa "its being dealt with by the vauxhall garage"
4. forgot test drive booking
5. but have fixed minor warranty issues well, apart from one, the rattle from the parcell shelf (bring it back if its annoying) - thats why i went in the first place!
service techs and parts guy all seem knowlegable

think alfaowners comment is about right, with a slight mod being that they are 85% ok, 85% of the time

pretty minor issues compared to some, but these should also be the easist to fix. Always feel like i should try somewhere else, just to compare
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 GTA

My dealer (DBS Desira Hertford) is very good, although can be a little too laid back for my liking, but on the whole I am very pleased.
The thing that annoys me is ARUK's lack of urgency whilst dealing with things such as warranty issues and all the red tape they seem to have to go through.
AO Member

Member car:

Giulia Veloce

I use AMG in Chelmsford and so far they've been very good indeed. So I guess I'd better propose!
AO Platinum Member

I'm not completely convinced that the dealers really are that bad... a lot of times they seem to be unable to resolve things because parts don't arrive or are difficult to identify on the CD (so the wrong bit arrives). That'd make Alfa UK the real culprits.

Mostly they seem to do a reasonable job.

I also wonder if people blame "my dealer" when really they mean "the local non-franchised to anything local mechanic who has one or two outdated diagnostic tools and a big lump hammer.. but he's cheap". If you read some threads on the forum, there's a few "dealers" who just aren't franchised Alfa dealers. I think the situation with "Service Only" and former dealers and service outlets who now aren't any more also doesn't help. I wonder who's responsible for THAT.. ??

Not Alfa UK, surely...?

I don't have a beef with Alfa UK by the way but they need to shape up a bit.. any dealer is only as good as the service they receive from above.

Ralf S.

No bullets for Chaingun..

I used Lombarda in Nottinghill (London) and they were excellent, excellent, excellent. My Selespeed went t*ts-up and they couldn't initially find the problem as all seemed well according to the computer; it kept missing gears and finally stopping altogether! However, they replaced one of the switches in the Actuator (which apparently is not normally possible), as they had a spare leaky one. And since then (4 weeks ago), I have had absolutely no trouble with it.

And, wait for it,.......... They didn't charge me a penny!
(They did however, charge me £85 the week before to update the software and recalibrate the ECU).

Cheers,

Nick

platts of longton ltd in stoke on trent are excellent they have technicians that will acually talk to you in plain english all there staff seam to have been there for as long as i have been going there (15 years) sales staff also very good and stable they seam as passionate about the cars as we are IAN CARR service manager very good LEE ROSE sales manager very expierienced and customer focused and while i have waited for small jobs to be done i have spoken to other owners who bring there cars to platts instead of going to their local dealer , it seams they sevice a lot customers who purchased from mangoletsi in cheshire, i can highly recomend platts, the bills always seam fair and a good explanation of the work carreid out is always given their showroom is only 3 years old i think so facilities are good and they are building a bigger 2 story showroom/woorkshop which i think is near to completion. only 1 negative, parkinf is sometimes difficult but they my be a victim of there own success. giv em a go

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Poll Room

Tags
alfa , dealers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page