What type of roads/driving do you least like? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Poll Room You got it, just random polls in here

EddieGTA

What type of roads/driving do you least like?

Took the GTA out for a good drive today and while on the M20 was thinking of how some people don't like motorway driving, and then that my sister isn't keen on driving country roads or distance.

I am pretty easy going and like going for long drives on all roads, but least like city driving as during the couple of months I drove into London, I found it stressful and tiring trying to judge what other eejits were upto and was just waiting for my car to get damaged.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

EddieGTA

Re: What type of roads/driving do you least like?

Dagnamit, didn't post the poll but anyway what roads do you hate?

harrythesnotgobbler

Good roads are the ones without any other cars on them,

AO Gold Member

County: -

Don't mind any long trips, but my favourites are nice winding A roads with a few climbs and dips - anything that makes the drive interesting really - until I get stuck behind someone in a flat cap!!

On my way home, my favourite bit of road is the strip of dual carriageway at the end, after all that stressful in town driving I can just put my foot down, hit max revs and go
harrythesnotgobbler

I agree, A and B roads out in the countryside are the best for me so long as theyre nice and clear, petrol is expensive but its worth spending for some great bits of road.

AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire

I am not keen on single track roads. The car always bottoms out and you always meet someone coming the other way, usually going too fast. City driving is no fun. A and B-roads are good as long as they are clear and with no camera's.
AO Silver Member

County: West Yorkshire

Member car:

3 Veloce’s..!

Hate semi urban A roads that promise a lot but are covered in 40 limit's and camera's.
Love fast sweeping B roads the most, but most are too rough to let the GTA loose on, A roads like the A68 over the borders and the A9 Perth to Inverness are the best to let it loose, but again you have to watch for camera's. We had a good run up to Inverness last week, 350 Miles, avarage speed door to door 59MPH

The 1750's great on any road though, better still next week when my HBE kits is on.
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnb
On my way home, my favourite bit of road is the strip of dual carriageway at the end, after all that stressful in town driving I can just put my foot down, hit max revs and go
I know that feeling. Once did that coming up a hill in my old 75, wasn't going that fast really but it had a noisy supersprint exhaust on. Police car went the other way and I saw him stop and turn around at the bottom off the hill. Took a quick left turn after the brow of the hill and he never found me

AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot

Town driving sucks
AO Silver Member

I hate long narrow straight roads in the dark - you have to drive for long distances on dipped beam and im always afraid someone may be walking along the road so I have to go pretty slowly.
I found that Italy has many of these roads and the speeds they travel on them can be quite frightening.
This is compounded by the way they have no hedges so its difficult to judge the roads edges.
AO Silver Member

County: -

Roads with traffic jams on them

Or any stretch of road behind a tractor, slow truck or behind an old man or woman, somewhere mid june, driving like they want to reach their grandkids in the next town before christmas
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrythesnotgobbler
Good roads are the ones without any other cars on them,
Couldn't have put it better myself!

Perhaps that is one reason I get up most mornings at 4AM - my drive to work is a joy! (Tokyo traffic is nighmarish to say the least).

My absolute favorite place to drive is up in the winding mountain roads of Hakone (with great views of Mount Fuji as a bonus when you occasionally stop and get out of the car to catch your breath!).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Poll Room

Tags
roads or driving , type

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page