water or coke? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Poll Room You got it, just random polls in here

View Poll Results: water or coke
water 12 75.00%
coke 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

(Post Link) post #1 of 24 Old 30-11-05 Thread Starter

Looky Looky water or coke?

Water Or Coke ???
Which one is the 'Real Thing' ???

We all know that water is important but you've never seen it written down like this before.

WATER
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half world population.)

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50%less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?

COKE
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would YOU like a glass of water or Coke?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Re: water or coke?

I'll have the orange juice please.
wrinx

Glad I don't drink the nasty sugary rubbish! Some interesting "facts" there though....

wrinx

AO Member

County: North Yorkshire

Remember why WC Fields said he wouldn't drink water??
Vin
AO Platinum Member

County: Porto

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

Water. It goes well with everything. Errr...
AO Silver Member

County: Anglesey

I voted Coke, but I actually prefer Pepsi!
AO Platinum Member

County: Porto

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

Do you know Spur Cola? I think it's better them Pepsi and Coca.

urrr i seem to be drinking alot of coke l8ly think i'l have to stop drinking that! yeah, i have it whith my lunch alot of the time but i think i can live without it

think i'll start drinking beer instead
AO Member

Member car:

hairdressers car

phil, no offence matey but is ipswich not providing you with enough opportunities to get out and about nowdays?????

btw water for me, just a tad to top up a large whiskey
AO Gold Member

County: Kent

Member car:

1993 Alfa 155 Q4

what are the implications of DIET coke?
(Post Link) post #11 of 24 Old 30-11-05 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattireland
phil, no offence matey but is ipswich not providing you with enough opportunities to get out and about nowdays?????

btw water for me, just a tad to top up a large whiskey
hehe you are spot on mate!
g/f is expecting any day and i daren't go out!!!!
im so bored its unbeleiveable
AO Member

Member car:

hairdressers car

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil155
hehe you are spot on mate!
g/f is expecting any day and i daren't go out!!!!
im so bored its unbeleiveable
ah another man in the same position, i like to refer to it as living with a pre-menstrual antichrist!! my g/f's due in anything between 3 and 8 weeks!!!!

i feel for you, i know what your experiencing!!
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaJack
Someone once pointed out to me that the sweetner in diet coke is poisonous or carcenogenic when heated above 50 deg C.... I pointed out that I tend to have my diet coke chilled

Seriously though some of that is scary. Mythbusters went through the coke myths and it won't eat up a steak, but does clean chrome very well and did clean up blood pretty well too.

AO Gold Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

Coke is a great cure for upset stomach and / or a hangover.

But everyone should drink more water. It really does reduce fatigue and especially here where it can be very humid.

Better show that list to my kids and hopefully put them off coke for life
145qv

Coke, as I am really heavy boned, I need to break down the excess calsuim in my system

Water for me.

Coke, like nearly all fizzy drinks, acts as a diuretic (makes you pee) so it is not a good thirst quencher (it does the opposite). So for every can of coke you drink you should also drink a large glass of water to compensate. Same goes for espresso - that's why you see Italians ordering a glass of water with espresso.

Coke/Pepsi? Coke every time. Pepsi is an imposter.

Diet coke/Dit Pepsi? Diet Pepsi every time. Diet coke tastes nothing like the "real thing"
AO Platinum Member

County: South Lanarkshire

Water. I've never liked coke and generally don't like fizzy drinks. As for those pretendy "diet" drinks with sweeteners in, eeeuuuuughhg, I can taste that stuff a mile away and it stinks.
AO Silver Member

County: Anglesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaJack
Diet Coke contains aspartame (nutrasweet) which is in so many things these days, and not just diet stuff either. Aspartame was created by Monsanto, the same people that brought us such great things as DDT and Agent Orange, as well as being the worlds biggest producers of GM crops.

Aspartame, or aspartyl-phenylalanine-1-methyl ester to use its full name is a methyl ester of the dipeptide of the amino acids aspartic acid and phenylalanine. Whether it is harmfull or not is the subject of furious debate, but it has been linked to a number of different conditions, particularly lupus and multiple sclerosis. One condition that is accepted as fact is that anyone suffering from the inherited disease phenylketonuria (PKU) should avoid it completely. This is why anything containing aspartame in the UK has the words 'contains a source of phenylananine' on the label. Due to PKU sufferers inability to break down the amino acid, levels can become harmfull, potentially leading to brain damage, and particularly harmful to unborn babies.

What have I got against Aspartame? I just think it tastes foul!

Buck

edit - sorry, Aspartame was created by Searle, which was then taken over by Monsanto!

Last edited by Buck Bundy; 01-12-05 at 16:57. Reason: Get your facts right Buck!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

alfa romeo 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Bundy
Diet Coke contains aspartame (nutrasweet) which is in so many things these days, and not just diet stuff either. Aspartame was created by Monsanto, the same people that brought us such great things as DDT and Agent Orange, as well as being the worlds biggest producers of GM crops.

edit - sorry, Aspartame was created by Searle, which was then taken over by Monsanto!
monsanto as in flexeys! i'e been sued evey so often because of the chemicals thay release into the atmosfear from there plant
AO Gold Member

County: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
Water for me.

snip ... Same goes for espresso - that's why you see Italians ordering a glass of water with espresso.
I always thought the glass of water was to remove the "nasty" taste of Expresso from your mouth
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

Has anyone tried putting an old, darkened 1 or 2 pence piece in a glass of coke overnight? It's a bit cheaper than a t-bone steak but will show similalrly startling results

For me it's water every time, I like coke but rarely seem to drink it

Coke every time, your right its a great cleaning agent cleans your teeth as well, I am 27 and have been drinking lots of it all my life and have no fillings, am not over weight at all and blood presure is spot on.

If you think coke is nasty stuff you should look at stomach acid..... that can REAL desolve a T-bone steak but doesnt wait 2 days to do it !!
AO Silver Member

County: Etela-Suomen Laani

Member car:

156 2,5 V6

I can not drink coke ... and it don't taste good

So water for me
(Post Link) post #24 of 24 Old 17-12-05 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_J
If you think coke is nasty stuff you should look at stomach acid..... that can REAL desolve a T-bone steak but doesnt wait 2 days to do it !!
looked at that this morning got to give up smoking

to be fair thats what its there for though

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Poll Room

Tags
coke , water

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page