If you happened across an RTA.... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Poll Room You got it, just random polls in here

View Poll Results: How competant are you at First Aid.....????
1. No training...wouldn't know what to do 0 0%
2. 4 25.00%
3. 4 25.00%
4. 2 12.50%
5. 3 18.75%
6. 3 18.75%
7. 0 0%
8. 0 0%
9. 0 0%
10. Full paramedic training. No problemo. 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

(Post Link) post #1 of 13 Old 12-08-05 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: -
Hmmm If you happened across an RTA....

What would you do??? Could you cope alone until the paramdics arrived??? Maybe 20 or 30 mins.....

Serious poll please. (BTW RTA = Road Traffic Accident)

I'm trained in first aid to a reasonable level. I hold a valid certificate etc etc. I'd know what to do, but how good do you think you are/know you are at first aid.

Higher the number, the better you think you are at general First Aid.

I know it's not a nice topic, but I'd rather be in a position to help someone if I could. I have in the past and as tough as it was, I took a lot of pride in what I did.

But having said that I still think I'm only a 5-6/10.

Interested to know about AR drivers. Please be honest guys and girls.

So tell me.......

-Keep It Moist-
I'm experiencing deja vu and amnesia at the same time... I think I've forgotten this before.
145 QV->156 1.8->166 3.0->156SW 2.4->166 3.0 V6->156 2.4 20v->2.0Spider->159 2.4->159 2.4->159 TI 2.4 Modifica->Merc C-Class->Jag XJ->Boxster S->BMW 335d XD ->BMW 440i->Merc AMG

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 13 Old 12-08-05 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: -
Thumbs Up Re: If you happened across an RTA....

edit...working fine now....cheers wrinx
wrinx

Re: If you happened across an RTA....

I'm going to vote a 4-5. I've have annual resus training/basic first aid and could deal with minor stuff so I suppose that's better than nothing

wrinx

Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

I've voted a 3. I have had no training, but I think I have the common sense to do some basically useful stuff. Of course, until you're in that situation, who knows?
But things like, not moving them unless necessary, checking airways, ringing for an ambulance, making the situation itself safe, that kind of thing.

I hold a valid first aid cert. as I'm a qualified sailing instructer but I'm not sure how I'd react in a real live situation. The only incident I have ever really been involved in was last year when a car full of youngsters hit the grassy verge opposite our sailing club and flipped over. I ran across and although I tried to get my head into gear for what I was supposed to do I just found myself reacting on instinct and started hauling them all out of the car windows. TBH all I could focus on was the smell of petrol and getting the kids as far away as poss. Thankfully no-one was injured and the car did not go on fire so all ended well.
AO Gold Member

County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

2007 Ford Focus!

I`d be useless.Haven`t done any first aid since I was 12 and in the scouts and useless with anything gory.

Well,i vote 5.
I don't have any certificate, but as i'm a scout i have learnt the essencial. But i think i could do so much more if i had time or predisposition to do a course.
AO Silver Member

County: Anglesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
I hold a valid first aid cert. as I'm a qualified sailing instructer but I'm not sure how I'd react in a real live situation. The only incident I have ever really been involved in was last year when a car full of youngsters hit the grassy verge opposite our sailing club and flipped over. I ran across and although I tried to get my head into gear for what I was supposed to do I just found myself reacting on instinct and started hauling them all out of the car windows. TBH all I could focus on was the smell of petrol and getting the kids as far away as poss. Thankfully no-one was injured and the car did not go on fire so all ended well.
I get some basic first aid training but only consider myself a 3/10.

About 13 years ago (yikes!) I, with 2 others in the car, was the first on the scene of an ultimately fatal accident. The 2 others dealt with the driver of a big old Jag who was staggering out of his car, which appeared to have stopped dead in the road when it impacted with a 205 that had crossed to the wrong side of the road. I rushed to the other car (which I recognised) which was off the road in the bushes facing the wrong direction. The girl who was driving was slumped with her head to the side out of the window. She was breathing, but with some difficulty. The obvious thing to do was to lift her head to allow her to breathe, but I just froze. One of the others came over who was an Occupational First Aider, and did just that, very calmly. I was quite envious of the way he was able to deal with it. As it turned out she died of a brain heamorrage (sp?) before the ambulance and fire brigade arrived, who cut her out of the car. Even though they were not qualified to pronounce her dead, the ambulance crew dismissed the helicopter that arrived on the scene, and took her to hospital in no great rush without flashing lights.

I had just finished a night shift and was home a good hour late, but hardly slept that day.

Buck
AO Silver Member

Have done the course, hold a certificate but do not know how i would react in an RTA, I just hope i'd be able to keep it together and help, not having any experience I just don't know.
MT
AO Silver Member

County: Hampshire

I voted 2, i'm good in emergencies and do whatever's needed but in this case i'd be acting on instincts and not knowledge, and knowledge is vital.
Got me thinking, maybe i should learn some stuff.
AO Gold Member

County: Hampshire

I voted 2 as well.

I have had no training, but would like to think that I could remain calm in the situation and act with some common sense.

Having read the posts, and thought about it, I really should do at least some basic training (have been meaning to for years, but never got round to it )
AO Silver Member

County: Etela-Suomen Laani

Member car:

156 2,5 V6

I could vote 7 or 8 (haven't decided yet), couse I know emergencies and I would know how to work. The only problem would be, that I don't like to see blood much

EDIT: I decided to vote only 5
AO Member

County: Copenhagen

Member car:

73-Spider 2000

No training but good at rational thinking - That meens 2

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Poll Room

Tags
happened , rta

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page