Have you had Build/Reliability Problems With you Giulietta? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Poll Room You got it, just random polls in here

View Poll Results: Have you had Build/Reliability Problems With you Giulietta?
NO been Faultless! Perfect car well done ALFA! 22 21.78%
ALMOST perfect/faultless apart from few niggles i CAN ignore 23 22.77%
YES minor things i had dealer sort quickly, otherwise great car 30 29.70%
YES major/minor things the dealer HAD to order a NEW part for, Alfa could do better! 22 21.78%
Non stop in and out workshop cant fix! getting fed up with car, shame alfa! 3 2.97%
Cars gone got totally fed up with problems!!! 1 0.99%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

danQV

Have you had Build/Reliability Problems With you Giulietta?

This thread is in know way a bashing, but more of a statistics reference for people about to buy their G or have owned them. Alfa the brand may put people off buying the cars as for its reputation in build and reliability, and of course the forums attracts that kind of technical talk as thats where one would come for quick reliable advice. But it seems exaggerated on these boards, and may not be the case, this poll should gave a better bigger picture (i hope)

So this is a small poll to measure the problems you may of had with your g, or if you have had a faultless one. Ill try to be as specific as i can but without too many options.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

twauster

Almost 30.000 kms / 19.000 miles now, and no real issues apart from a faint glow in the third brake light with the ignition turned off. Dealer fixed it in a jiffy. My G sees real use with daily commutes and family transportation. That being said, I had no real issues with any of my other Alfas either, just normal wear and tear repairs and servicing.

Alfa's so-called poor reliability is a myth.

AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
One trip to the dealer for a canbus reset - took 5 minutes.
Fuel filler cap stuck once - squirt of oil fixed that.

It's my second Alfa, and the brand has been more reliable for me than any of the other brands I've owned previously.
AO Member

County: Tyne and Wear
Only the usual blue and me issues. 13000 miles of hard use. In comparison my previous BMW had been back to the dealer twice by 10000 miles and my type R had to go in after 7000.

Last edited by Munich_to_Turin; 03-03-12 at 13:29.
danQV

Yeah I think there is a myth too about German industructibke cars. My scirOcco has been in 4 times for a rattle that they can't fix. A broken bit of plastic in engine block guide rail or something. Then had to go back for a leaking fuel sump. I did get an extra years warranty but German cars arenot by far superior

AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danQV View Post
Yeah I think there is a myth too about German industructibke cars. My scirOcco has been in 4 times for a rattle that they can't fix. A broken bit of plastic in engine block guide rail or something. Then had to go back for a leaking fuel sump. I did get an extra years warranty but German cars arenot by far superior
I think the superior materials German car manufacturers use for their interiors gives the impression of an exceptionally well put together car, but the reality is they are as likely to have problems as any other car. As well as my Beemer, I know of a fair few Golf, Passatt, A3, A5 and TT owners who have had nothing but nightmarish ownership sagas. I need two hands to count the amount of times colleagues have had their BMW turbos explode on them too.

Edited to add: And a couple of 3 Series owners had their alloys randomly crack after only a few miles too! Forgot about that.
danQV

Must admit I has an rx8 years back that was a good all rounder good quality and mechanically robust. Although the oil and fuel you would top up every two days lol

AO Member

Quote:
Must admit I has an rx8 years back that was a good all rounder good quality and mechanically robust. Although the oil and fuel you would top up every two days lol
The only other car I've owned that has been problem free was my supposedly super unreliable Fiat Punto HGT. Bonnet catch aside (which I fixed in about 10 minutes) it was trouble free for 46000 miles.
AO Member

County: KwaZulu-Natal
It seems to blow fuses quite often, so far 2 window winder motors and the cigarette lighter have blown fuses (without plugging anything in) and only had the car 2 and a bit weeks now. The boot lid badge/button stopped working almost immediately which was also annoying as it needed to spend a whole day at the garage for that! Apparently this was common on the 147.

The gear change is in my opinion, horrific, it grinds between cogs and never quite feels like it's engaged something, but it pulls off so obviously it's working fine! Just has a really funny feel to the cog swapping. Two different dealerships have driven it and say nothing is wrong and my mate's wife has a 1.4t G, he drove it and says hers is the same. I have previously driven Hondas and they are known for super slick gear change so maybe I'm just a spoilt brat?

Other than that fantastic car, build quality is rock solid, the dash quality is better than a BMW 3 series in my opinion. Some people complained about the seats but I think they are great. Also for the few issues I've had the dealers have been super helpful and quick to sort things out.

And when I put my foot down I go like this....
AO Silver Member

County: West Lothian
Quote:
Interesting to read that. My only properly reliable, problem free, car in the last 10 years was an RX8 PZ as well. All my other cars, from Honda, Subaru and Mitsubishi, in that time have been well below expectations. The ultra reliable Japanese car is now a myth as well. Cars are just far too complex now, and manufacturers under too much pressure to keep prices down and, so, cut corners.
AO Member

County: South Africa
3rd break light

Quote:
Originally Posted by twauster View Post
Almost 30.000 kms / 19.000 miles now, and no real issues apart from a faint glow in the third brake light with the ignition turned off. Dealer fixed it in a jiffy. My G sees real use with daily commutes and family transportation. That being said, I had no real issues with any of my other Alfas either, just normal wear and tear repairs and servicing.

Alfa's so-called poor reliability is a myth.
__________________________________________________ __________________

Would you know what your dealer did to rectify your 3rd brake light issue in a jiffy. Mine does the same and been waiting for almost 3 months for the dealer as a new body computer was 'apparently' ordered fr Italy. They definately dont know of a kwik fix....
Craigo

Quote:
This thread is in know way a bashing, but more of a statistics reference for people about to buy their G or have owned them. Alfa the brand may put people off buying the cars as for its reputation in build and reliability, and of course the forums attracts that kind of technical talk as thats where one would come for quick reliable advice. But it seems exaggerated on these boards, and may not be the case, this poll should gave a better bigger picture (i hope)

So this is a small poll to measure the problems you may of had with your g, or if you have had a faultless one. Ill try to be as specific as i can but without too many options.
Should the spelling of "know" be "no?"

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Poll Room

Tags
build or reliability , giulietta , problems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page