Overdressed or Underdressed? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Poll Room You got it, just random polls in here

View Poll Results: What Would You Rather Be?
Overdressed 12 57.14%
Underdressed 8 38.10%
Other (to please the one's who like 'other' 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 21 Old 08-09-11 Thread Starter
Status: DD by name....
AO Platinum Member
 
divadiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lincolnshire
Posts: 17,564
Overdressed or Underdressed?

Regarding dresscodes (I abide by them 90% of the time..the other 10% is the rebel in me) you didn't know about, what would you rather be....overdressed or underdressed?

I have been both before and I am happiest being underdressed (not like THAT ) for an occasion.
divadiva is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
(Post Link) post #2 of 21 Old 08-09-11 Thread Starter
Status: DD by name....
AO Platinum Member
 
divadiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lincolnshire
Posts: 17,564
Only just added poll as was distracted by a lovely new (fast) car earlier
divadiva is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
DeaDLocK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 1,855

Member car:

GTV 2.0 TS Lusso

Overdressed for me, nothing worse than being casual around folk who are not
DeaDLocK is offline  
Status: I'm not really here
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Club Member Number: 59
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 76,928
Garage
underdressed to the point of nakedness
steveisfrowning is offline  
Status: Time to respray S23
AO Platinum Member
 
Stu GTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wellingborough
County: Northamptonshire
Posts: 12,744
Always underdressed........don't own a suit, but do have a 3 piece Wrangler outfit.......
Stu GTV is offline  
Status: I'm not really here
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Club Member Number: 59
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 76,928
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu GTV View Post
Always underdressed........don't own a suit, but do have a 3 piece Wrangler outfit.......
like this?


Last edited by steveisfrowning; 02-06-15 at 02:28.
steveisfrowning is offline  
Status: One foot in, one foot out!
AO Platinum Member
 
zulu ferret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: wgc
County: herts
Posts: 42,278
No.1's. Blues, white patrol collar, tapered flares, spurs. Or mess dress with miniatures. No longer wearing a cummerbund according to the latest pictures I have seen of current mess dress? No longer accentuate the middle of ones torso?
zulu ferret is offline  
Status: Time to respray S23
AO Platinum Member
 
Stu GTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wellingborough
County: Northamptonshire
Posts: 12,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveisfrowning View Post
like this?

Can't remember that photo shoot.......
Stu GTV is offline  
Status: One foot in, one foot out!
AO Platinum Member
 
zulu ferret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: wgc
County: herts
Posts: 42,278
Oh I say Ducky.
zulu ferret is offline  
(Post Link) post #10 of 21 Old 08-09-11 Thread Starter
Status: DD by name....
AO Platinum Member
 
divadiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lincolnshire
Posts: 17,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveisfrowning View Post
like this?

divadiva is offline  
Status: 1750TBIecusoftware.. done!.40+bhp
AO Silver Member
 
ALFA TUNER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Merseyside
Posts: 3,480

Member car:

various Alfas

Quote:
Originally Posted by divadiva View Post
Only just added poll as was distracted by a lovely new (fast) car earlier
Tell more then.
Can you be overdressed or underdressed when travelling in said car.
ALFA TUNER is offline  
Status: Outside Context Problem
AO Silver Member
 
Dfens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Hertfordshire
Posts: 2,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by divadiva View Post
Regarding dresscodes (I abide by them 90% of the time..the other 10% is the rebel in me) you didn't know about, what would you rather be....overdressed or underdressed?

I have been both before and I am happiest being underdressed (not like THAT ) for an occasion.
Yeah but girls can get away with it more easily.... especially the hot ones

I'd rather be overdressed (strictly 3-piece here); you can always lose the tie and undo a few buttons
Dfens is offline  
Status: #keepFightingMichael
AO Gold Member
 
EauRouge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Suriname
County: Brokopondo
Posts: 7,706
Undressed, Birthday suit is best.
EauRouge is offline  
GJ
Status: Relaxed
AO Platinum Member
 
GJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: Herefordshire
Posts: 17,658

Member car:

Spider S4

Smartly turned out to the point of being overdressed.... that's me
GJ is offline  
Status: DEFCON5
AO Gold Member
 
1of1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sao Tome and Principe
County: Principe
Posts: 11,604
Under for me, but I am a scruffy bugga
1of1 is offline  
(Post Link) post #16 of 21 Old 09-09-11 Thread Starter
Status: DD by name....
AO Platinum Member
 
divadiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lincolnshire
Posts: 17,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFA TUNER View Post
Tell more then.
Can you be overdressed or underdressed when travelling in said car.
An Audi TT 3.2 V6 (NOT mine) I will wear fine clothes at all times when travelling in said car
divadiva is offline  
Status: I'm not really here
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Club Member Number: 59
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 76,928
Garage
i would drive that in my underpants
steveisfrowning is offline  
Status: Pain in the veins, but passion in the blood
AO Silver Member
 
giordano92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Australia
County: New South Wales
Posts: 4,407
Garage
Overdressed.

Salute, Giordano.
giordano92 is offline  
(Post Link) post #19 of 21 Old 09-09-11 Thread Starter
Status: DD by name....
AO Platinum Member
 
divadiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lincolnshire
Posts: 17,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveisfrowning View Post
i would drive that in my underpants
divadiva is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
DeaDLocK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 1,855

Member car:

GTV 2.0 TS Lusso

I saw a wonderful pair of TT's the other day and I must admit I was wondering what they would be like less dressed....
DeaDLocK is offline  
Status: 3.2 Busso powered
AO Gold Member
 
AlfaMartini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 7,669
Underdressed: - Shorts & flip-flops thru to "Smart-but-casual", and all conceivable variations in between
AlfaMartini is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Poll Room

Tags
overdressed , underdressed

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome