E3 Spark Plugs - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Poll Room You got it, just random polls in here

View Poll Results: E3 Spark Plugs
They Good 1 25.00%
Interesting but I'd stick with my NGKs 1 25.00%
Don't even think about it 1 25.00%
It's all Hype 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 15-07-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

E3 Spark Plugs

I first came across this when I was browsing through youtube and came across a show called "GearzTV". I was immediately hooked on the show.. Basically the guy showed how to do custom work on cars...i.e putting a Ford V8 into a Mazda MX-5 (Miata) and new body work and stuff.
Anyways, the host endorsed these spark plugs called E3 Spark Plugs.

Here's the youtube video....

GearzTV - E3 Spark Plugs

There are other videos out there where he visits a major research institute and discusses the plugs in detail... but from what I can gather, these plugs are pretty good.

There are mixed reviews online about and basically one or two bad experiences which makes me wonder if anyone over here has tried them...

So... has anyone tried them???

Car Domain Site
Follow me on twitter: @Julxrp

Last edited by knightjp; 15-07-11 at 07:15.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 4 Old 20-07-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

I was browsing Spark plug, Spark plug wire, spark plug gap, spark plug cross reference and ignition wires at Sparkplugs.com for the recommended plug that would fit my car and came across this....
NGK PFR6B - Sparkplugs.com - Application Search Results
E3 3.20 - Sparkplugs.com - Application Search Results

I know the NGK PFR6B is recommended for my car based on the site screenshot attached... In my conversation with someone from E3, I was told that there wasn't a E3 plug that had the Gap 0.7mm ....
Now based on the data provided in the links above, these two plugs look identical in terms of thread size, reach, etc.... So I could assume that the E3 plug should work fine in my engine... Or am I missing another detail that isn't mentioned.... ?

Last edited by knightjp; 24-04-13 at 20:10.
Nev

Reading the reviews on Amazon.com it seems they have a tendency
to give-up-the-ghost after a few thousand miles...

(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 22-07-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

I spoke to one of the technical consultants from E3 and they're continuing testing on the design to get even better results. The company is mainly into R&D and is continuing the research at a major university in the US.

There are mixed reviews on them and frankly I'm all for trying them out, but it will be a gamble... So I'm taking in as much info as I can to minimize the risk-factors and see if these are viable options.

The plugs I have now are premium double platinum plugs which are pricey. These E3 plugs would come in cheaper. If they come in cheaper, give me better performance and fuel economy, I'd be an idiot not to try.

Sadly in choosing the right plugs, I have a problem. E3 currently doesn't have a plug that suits my engine.
They either have a plug with the correct hex, reach, thread and gap; but not the right heat range... or, they have the correct heat range, thread, reach and hex, but not the gap.

I'm in contact with the technical guy and I'm hoping they do bring out one soon...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Poll Room

Tags
plugs , spark

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page