Is Gordon Brown an idiot - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Poll Room You got it, just random polls in here

View Poll Results: Is Gordon Brown an Idiot?
Yes 72 73.47%
No 15 15.31%
Maybe 5 5.10%
Other 6 6.12%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

(Post Link) post #1 of 99 Old 07-02-09 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Is Gordon Brown an idiot

As you probably know, Jeremy Clarkson got himself in a bit of a pickle by refering to Gordon Brown as being a One-eyed Scottish Idiot. He then apologised, but later watered down his apology by reportedly saying he didn't mean to offend the disabled, has nothing against the Scots, but was right about the idiot bit.

So, do you think Gordon Brown is an idiot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

harrythesnotgobbler

Re: Is Gordon Brown and idiot

We'd be able to decide publicly if he were elected (as prime minister, not as an MP, obviously), we may get the chance when he musters the courage to put it to a vote.

(Post Link) post #3 of 99 Old 07-02-09 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

I voted maybe. I'm sure in some ways he's a very clever bloke, but I think the way he came to power was really rather underhand, and things haven't gone too well since then. Its ironic that he was reknown for being a good chancellor, but now the economy is screwed he somehow seems more popular than when things seemed to be okay
AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Bristol

And which idiot

Perhaps a mod can edit your thread title Gary

AO Rosso Alfa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrythesnotgobbler View Post
We'd be able to decide publicly if he were elected (as prime minister, not as an MP, obviously), we may get the chance when he musters the courage to put it to a vote.
Are we going to start electing Prime Ministers then, like the USA elect
a President. We never ever have in the past. When is this coming in
then

(Post Link) post #6 of 99 Old 07-02-09 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Re: Is Gordon Brown an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
And which idiot

Perhaps a mod can edit your thread title Gary
lets hope a friendly Mod makes an appearance soon
Global Mod Team

County: British Columbia
Garage

Done.
Rayq81

He is certainly not an idiot, as chancellor he managed Britains economy better than any chancellor in History, the real problem was that Blair bailed just before the **** hit the fan leaving Brown to take the wrath of the public when the **** hit the fan, the real Idiot was Blair not Brown

harrythesnotgobbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Are we going to start electing Prime Ministers then, like the USA elect
a President. We never ever have in the past. When is this coming in
then
You dont seriously believe the person that will be prime minister when a party is elected has no bearing on the outcome, do you?

Its already here, just we dont admit it.

(Post Link) post #10 of 99 Old 07-02-09 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicgal93 View Post
Done.
Cheers CG
AO Rosso Alfa Member

But you have to vote for the whole party. Whereas, in a presidential
type election, you can vote for the man and have a different party
controlling government.

And yes, I seriously believe that

AO Silver Member

County: -

Definition:
(n.) An unlearned, ignorant, or simple person, as distinguished from the educated; an ignoramus.
(n.) A human being destitute of the ordinary intellectual powers, whether congenital, developmental, or accidental; commonly, a person without understanding from birth; a natural fool; a natural; an innocent.

Gordon Brown sold our Gold reserves when Gold was at it's lowest price for decades.

He has presided over the greatest collapse of the British economy as a result of gross mis management by British banks and financial institutions

Then propped up those very institutions with billions of pounds of taxpayers money and then still permits them to pay obscene bonuses to the very people who caused the problem in the first place.

Gordon Brown's appears to have a worrying problem with simple multiplication. I see that Hansard have reported his words thus: "that £5 extra a week is in people’s pockets—that is £275 a year". 5 x 52 does not equal 275. I there nobody who can multiply a two digit number by 5 working at No 10?

Gordon Brown's credibility and competence was called into question in as early as 2007 after official statistics revealed that
the Chancellor's tax credits fiasco has cost taxpayers £5 billion in errors and fraud.

Seizing on Revenue and Customs figures showing that another £1.7 billion has been overpaid in the last financial year,
Shadow Chancellor George Osborne said: "These are appalling figures which blow a hole straight through Gordon
Brown's claim to be competent."

He protested: "If you want to know what he will be like as Prime Minister, look at the way he has run tax credits. Billions
of pounds wasted in fraud and error, the poorest caught in a bureaucratic nightmare, thousands forced into debt and not
a word of apology. This is just a foretaste of the Brown premiership."

Did Osborne have a crystal ball ?

Regards

Der Teufel
Nate per vincere
AO Silver Member

County: West Yorkshire

He's a total fool.
Everybody saw the downturn coming, Blair certainly saw it and jumped ship, leaving Brown with what in rugby terms is a hospital pass - he walked straight into it.
As for a well managed economy, I don't buy that either. It was boom time and we were mostly doing ok, but now thats ended (no more boom and bust with labour remember) where is all the cash from the good times? Gone, they've spent the lot on red tape, benefits and big bonuses. Also I don't really call selling half our gold reserves at golds lowest ever price a shrewd move
Idiot is putting it mildly in my book.
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayq81 View Post
He is certainly not an idiot, as chancellor he managed Britains economy better than any chancellor in History, the real problem was that Blair bailed just before the **** hit the fan leaving Brown to take the wrath of the public when the **** hit the fan, the real Idiot was Blair not Brown

Really? do you honestly believe that? In the first term his chancerlorship was reasonable ... but after that all he has done is borrow and spend ... even before the credit cruch hit we were more in debt (in absolute terms) than ever before ...

No more boom and bust?? my arse.
AO Silver Member

County: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayq81 View Post
Very funny Ray, but of course complete rubbish

They were joined at the hip
Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156Chris View Post
Really? do you honestly believe that? In the first term his chancerlorship was reasonable ... but after that all he has done is borrow and spend ... even before the credit cruch hit we were more in debt (in absolute terms) than ever before ...

No more boom and bust?? my arse.
It was tongue in cheek about the "best chancellor", the whole Labour party are a bunch of crooks.

AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GT

Yes!
quite a simple answer really
AO Member

Idiot is the wrong word, incompetent would have been closer to the mark, proven over most of his time in government. Don't think anyone could really disagree with that description, not even a one-eyed Scotsman, and Nicolas Sarkozy certainly wouldn't...
alfafamily

If Brown is an idiot so is every other nation's chancellor or equivalent. We are not the only ones in a mess. All Brown is/was trying to do was bale out a sinking boat with holed bucket. We've all taken advantage of the cheap easy credit for years, now its time to pay for it and no one likes it one bit. We Brits just love to have a scapegoat, its never our fault. Wait till the Eton boy gets into power if you think its bad now. Now there is an idiot, wasn't even clever enough to look after his own bike.

AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire

Brown is worse than an idiot.

Those who thought he was doing a good job as Chancellor are slowly being proved wrong. We are supposed to have just come off the back of a 10 year boom, if this is the case whey are public finances in such a mess?

He also STOLE from peoples pensions, sold the half the countries gold whan he had no right to (At less than half its current value I might add). He became prime minister in an underhand manner and has decided not to allow the public the chance to remove him. He has signed us up to the EU constitution/lisbon treaty without letting us have a referendum as he knows that it would be voted out, and that is despite labours promise to allow one.

He also caused many car manufacturers, private individuals and dealers to loose lots of money with his hike of road tax for post 2001 vehicles, although that has been retracted it has still done massive damage to the industry. Part of the reason the car industry is in turmoil is still because of this though as it still applies to new cars.

There are lots of other things too but I think that gets my point across.

I know the tories are not perfect, but I very much doubt they could be much worse.

It is as If GB is deliberately messing everything up.

Giulietta 2.0JTDm (170), BMW 335i Cabrio
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Garage

I'm certainly not a political chap but as a result of recent troubles my company has placed me into a part time situation, I was trying to move house (that's fallen through) now its off the market. I have never been redundant and I pride myself for that, my problem is that yes Mr J Clarkson let his mouth run away with himself but at some point he is only saying what is on a lot of decent folks minds. I also think at the moment any new Prime minister would be better than Mr Brown, after all he set us up for this financial troubles over the last 12 years!?. How anyone can defend him and his cronies is beyond me. Poor President Obama has the hopes of the whole world on his shoulders, and whilst we are talking political, could someone tell me exactly what a "toxic investment" is, may be its voting for Labour.

Phat 33.

Last edited by Iain.Oglethorpe; 07-02-09 at 18:30.
AO Silver Member

County: West Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfafamily View Post
If Brown is an idiot so is every other nation's chancellor or equivalent. We are not the only ones in a mess. All Brown is/was trying to do was bale out a sinking boat with holed bucket. We've all taken advantage of the cheap easy credit for years, now its time to pay for it and no one likes it one bit. We Brits just love to have a scapegoat, its never our fault. Wait till the Eton boy gets into power if you think its bad now. Now there is an idiot, wasn't even clever enough to look after his own bike.
And who got us in the sinking boat?
I think it could take some time to sort this mess out, irrespective of who is in power
HSTDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrythesnotgobbler View Post
You dont seriously believe the person that will be prime minister when a party is elected has no bearing on the outcome, do you?

Its already here, just we dont admit it.
People are getting very irate about this unelected Gordon Brown business, but i don't recall the same happening when Mr Major took over as PM.

The system has been around for long enough, people should understand it by now.

AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
People are getting very irate about this unelected Gordon Brown business, but i don't recall the same happening when Mr Major took over as PM.

The system has been around for long enough, people should understand it by now.
John Major called an election and won it shortly after becoming PM.

He said that he felt that before the election he was "living in sin" with the electorate.

I can't see Gordon Brown feeling the same way somehow.
HSTDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by symonh2000 View Post
John Major called an election and won it shortly after becoming PM.

He said that he felt that before the election he was "living in sin" with the electorate.
Major became leader of the tories in 1990, and called an election in 1992 (which was the 5 year limit, Thatcher having won the election in 1987)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Poll Room

Tags
brown , gordon , idiot

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page