WCOC Match 13 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Poll Room You got it, just random polls in here

View Poll Results: WCOC Match 13
Pantera 8 33.33%
2000GT 16 66.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 28-05-17 Thread Starter
Status: strongstablestrongst able
AO Platinum Member
 
keithyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Cambodia
County: Phnom Penh
Posts: 14,110

Member car:

CRV/Jaaag

WCOC Match 13

Toyota 2000GT v DeTomaso Pantera

Tough one. I really like Italian designed cars with big US V8s. However, the long nose, short tail look of the Toyota is right up my street so it just edges it. I still think the front is a bit funny looking though.

Last edited by keithyboy; 03-06-17 at 17:46.
keithyboy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: I'm not really here
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Club Member Number: 59
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 76,928
Garage
Yep - the Pantera is a brute....but the Toyota is a thing of quirky beauty.
steveisfrowning is offline  
Gaz
Status: Privileged
Regional Support North
Is there a meet near you?
 
Gaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Behind the wheel
County: Lancashire
Posts: 63,352
Toyota by a hairs' breadth
Gaz is offline  
Status: Make Covfefe great again!!
AO Platinum Member
 
Greener123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Southampton
County: Hampshire
Posts: 41,384
Garage

Member car:

159 2.0 JTDM Ti

2000GT for me, I like the Pantera but it's not a particularly good looking car, more brutish with his big shouty engine and massive rear tyres.

The Toyota is more traditionally good looking, as KB says with its long nose short body
Greener123 is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
MalcQV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 13,519

Member car:

Office Chair.

Surprised at this. The Toyota is pretty but looks like a bit of a Daytona meets E-type rip-off. Pantera is a car I would like (though they are I understand a bit temperamental) the Japanese is only nice to look at.
MalcQV is offline  
Status: Winning small victories
AO Platinum Member
 
73GTVJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 24,473
The Pantera is great in a schoolboy "wow, cor'blimey mate how fast will she go?" throwback way but the Toyota has the lines and dimensions. I completely agree about the rather odd-but-somehow-works front. Got to be the 2000GT.
73GTVJim is offline  
Status: +o-V-o+
AO Silver Member
 
Giorget2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
County: Gauteng
Posts: 4,196
Well, this contest is about what is best-looking, not about what you'd most like to own or what is best mechanically.

I still don't know which one to pick here, though.
Giorget2 is offline  
Status: Winning small victories
AO Platinum Member
 
73GTVJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 24,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorget2 View Post
Well, this contest is about what is best-looking, not about what you'd most like to own or what is best mechanically.

I still don't know which one to pick here, though.
Indeed. Not an easy call.

It doesn't matter too much because neither will win outright!
73GTVJim is offline  
Status: Make Covfefe great again!!
AO Platinum Member
 
Greener123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Southampton
County: Hampshire
Posts: 41,384
Garage

Member car:

159 2.0 JTDM Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcQV View Post
Surprised at this. The Toyota is pretty but looks like a bit of a Daytona meets E-type rip-off. Pantera is a car I would like (though they are I understand a bit temperamental) the Japanese is only nice to look at.
As was said in the group stage the 2000GT pre-dates the Daytona
Greener123 is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
MalcQV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 13,519

Member car:

Office Chair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greener123 View Post
As was said in the group stage the 2000GT pre-dates the Daytona
Ferrari Daytona is blatant rip-off of the 2000GT and E-Type

As above, it goes on looks which is fairy nuff because it's hardly likely any of us will drive any of them or have driven.

I do concur that the Toyota is better looking. Never really been a fan of the Daytona's looks

I picked the Pantera because the 8 cylinder will be lights year better (IMHO) than whatever is in the Toyota (4 or 6?).
MalcQV is offline  
Status: Make Covfefe great again!!
AO Platinum Member
 
Greener123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Southampton
County: Hampshire
Posts: 41,384
Garage

Member car:

159 2.0 JTDM Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcQV View Post
Ferrari Daytona is blatant rip-off of the 2000GT and E-Type

As above, it goes on looks which is fairy nuff because it's hardly likely any of us will drive any of them or have driven.

I do concur that the Toyota is better looking. Never really been a fan of the Daytona's looks

I picked the Pantera because the 8 cylinder will be lights year better (IMHO) than whatever is in the Toyota (4 or 6?).
2.0 straight 6
Greener123 is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Poll Room

Tags
match , wcoc

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome