Alfa Romeo Giulia Leaked - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By mash4077

Old 23-06-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

n/a

Alfa Romeo Giulia Leaked

Quote:
The Alfa Romeo Giulia has made an early appearance on the Internet.

Two blurry and obstructed photos of the Italian automaker’s new compact sedan showed up today, just ahead of the Alfa Romeo Giulia’s official debut on June 24 in Milan. Although we don’t get a good look at the front end, the Giulia’s rear is similar to the Alfa Romeo 4C, with more traditional bodylines and a less aggressive profile. We also see some BMW from the side profile and some Lexus from the rear.

The Alfa Romeo Giulia will be available in the U.S. market in the first quarter of 2016 and is rumored to come standard with a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine. Performance output will vary based on model, ranging from 180 hp to 330 hp, and the car should be offered with either a manual or automatic transmission. As for the high-performance variant, expect a 3.0-liter twin-turbo six-cylinder engine with upwards of 510 hp developed by Ferrari.

To better compete with the rest of the high-performance sedan on the markets, the Alfa Romeo Giulia will likely have optional all-wheel drive with rear-wheel drive being standard. Developed as a rival to the BMW M3, Audi RS4 and Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG, the Giulia will have a lot of competition when it’s offered later next year.

Check back tomorrow with AutoGuide.com for more information when the Giulia officially makes its debut.
See more Alfa Romeo Giulia photos at AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-06-15
JnL
AO Member

Member car:

MiTo QV

Up to 510 bhp? I´ m not sure if this is a good idea. They should build more cars for "normal" people.
Old 24-06-15
AO Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

Alfa 159 1.9 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnL View Post
Up to 510 bhp? I´ m not sure if this is a good idea. They should build more cars for "normal" people.
It is a good idea, it's a marketing tool; Because of the "magnetic pull" of the M3, BMW sells tonnes and tonnes of 3-Series, the majority of which are the basic, smallest engined diesel variant. Same could be said for Audi, Mercedes and many Japanese brands with their Evo, Type-R or WRX variants.

Most people simply love to know that there is a high spec model of their own car, they sort of project the concept on their own car.
Old 24-06-15
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Anything Alfa

We all aspire to have the best we can get of any model/make. After years of Alfa ownership you just want to be able to continue the journey with the marque if you're happy with the experience. You don't want to devote your cash to Alfa for twenty years only to pushed aside by Maserati/Ferrari prices at the next model introduction. It's all a part of the heritage and contributes to the fan base!
Old 24-06-15
AO Member

County: Berlin
guy, here are some much better photos

Alfa Romeo Giulia QV With 510PS: Official Details And High-Res Images

OldBikes likes this.
Old 24-06-15
AO Member

Quote:
why not? I consider myself "normal" and would still like to have those 510 PS under the hood!

and 3.9s to 100 km/h, that is something!

if you want boring cars, please go to Volkswagen Deutschland
Old 25-06-15
AO Member

County: UK

Member car:

159 2.4JTDm TI

I want one, no ideas on price though but i suspect they will be near to £50k for the top spec.
Old 25-06-15
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrd87 View Post
I want one, no ideas on price though but i suspect they will be near to £50k for the top spec.
heared today 75k EUROs

still can not believe if that is the price for QV

EDIT: saw another value as well, 66k EUR

can someone confirm?

Last edited by mash4077; 26-06-15 at 07:08.
Old 26-06-15
AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire

Member car:

Mazda 6

Quote:
Totally a good idea.

As much as I love Alfas they should be on a par with the likes of Maserati and Ferrari, just as they were years ago. This would completely price me out of the market, but unselfishly, I don't care this is where they should be, but what Fiat want is for Alfa to be the next rung of the ladder DOWN from Maserati, so no cheapo models like BMW, Audi and Mercedes currently offer to sully the premium feel of the brand.
Old 26-06-15
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo
Guys this thread isn’t really much used to discuss the upcoming Giulia. Have a look here instead

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/gener...ig-reveal.html
Old 19-07-15
Alfa git

Will they put an astra 1.8 engine into the base model?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Off Topic News

Tags
alfa , giulia , leaked , romeo