Gt 3.2 v6 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
North Scotland All events and potential meets in North Scotland

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 31-12-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire
Garage
Gt 3.2 v6

Finally given in and gone for a 3.2 V6 engined Alfa, collect on Saturday. I know that it needs some minor works so if any one has any recommendations for servicing in and around Aberdeen I'd be grateful for some pointers...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

CP in Dundee are good Nige, bit of a trek from Ellon though. What colour is the GT? Can't wait for spring to get my GTV out again.

Happy New Year!
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 01-01-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Hi! And Happy New Year to you too ! and to all in the ANOS... many sunny and speed camera free days this summer eh blaster

GT is Black with Red leather, 18" alloys, sat nav (not that that will get me very far from previous experience), GT needs a few bits doing, will try to do most myself but timing belt and water pump I will leave to the experts, (doesn't "need" doing but I'd free better knowing it was done). NSF brake pipe slightly corroded (will change for braided in any event), suspension arms slight play (new poly bushes on the wishbones and fit Eibach anti roll bars should cure this).
Oil cooler pipe rusty- replace, and a set of rear brake disks same time as braided hoses.

Also thinking of a Q2 diff and an upgraded exhaust system... should keep me busy !

Will you be out to play this summer ?
AO Silver Member

County: Dorset
Congratulations, good choice, be careful choosing the exhaust, mine sets off car alarms if I 'rumble' too close to parked vehicles ?????
(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 01-01-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Thanks for the heads up! what system are you using ? was thinking of a Scorpion cat back system but may go for the sport cat version if the current ones are nearing the end of their life
AO Member

Hi Nigel, Cp is still probably your safest bet, it's who I use, even given the distance from Ellon.
I usually finish early, scoot down and drop it off and pick up a courtesy car and then come back the following day at the same time. Scuttery I know but at least the guys know what they're looking at and what to do if something comes up !!
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 04-01-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Cheers guys, may just take it down on the trailer and leave it with them as I'm away for two weeks from next week. I can always hop on the train to collect. I'll call them tomorrow and see if they can do the timing belt and water pump and then give me a list of what else needs doing (that I can cross off slowly)!

Had a little play out in it today and just love the exhaust note but may need to get it slightly louder :-)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > North Scotland

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page