"The times they are a changin' " - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
North Scotland All events and potential meets in North Scotland

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 15-10-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire
"The times they are a changin' "

Folks,
I've decided that I will be standing down as Regional Rep for North Scotland. I don't have the time to sit on the forum and drum up the level of interaction and interest to increase the attendance at runs and meets here in NS.

The attendance at these (the last one being an great exception!!), has been dropping and dropping with fewer and fewer turning up. Likewise the level of input and discussion on events has been limited to a group of a few perennials. Which is a great shame, all the runs we've had, whether its been bacon brekkies at the Western, the Raemoir or the Sand Dollar, runs to Glen Clova, to Pennan, Alford or to Ballater, pub runs and meets in Cove and Stoney and curry nights and pizza nights, have been great fun. Our May Day trips have taken us to north, south east and west, from John o' Groats, to Portpatrick and from Skye to Lindisfarne. We've driven through the Quiraing, Applecross, Glencoe, Assynt. We've braved forest fires, sat on golden beaches, been burnt by the sun and soaked by the rain. We've passed by nuclear submarines and waited for handgliders to leap off mountainsides.

Good times!

With the Spider now in hibernation it's as good a time as any to step down. I will not be leaving the forum as I really like the social aspect of things, but its time for someone else to have a pop at running the show.

Thanks and see you soon.

Stuart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -

Member car:

As a number of us have already said, thanks for all you have done in the past year or so. It's a pity you're stepping down but its entirely understandable.

I suppose we just have to accept that an awful lot of Alfa Romeo owners don't seem to be particularly interested in actually driving them! - certainly not in the company of others.

Never mind, I know of a small group of lapsed or ex AO members in this part of the world who will definitely continue to associate in order to enjoy our cars!
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 19-10-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > North Scotland

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page