Mito QV... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
North Scotland All events and potential meets in North Scotland

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 11-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire
Mito QV...

Happy new year AO'ers

I'm thinking its the new year so time to start thinking about replacing the f*c*s with another Alfa, as I miss Bella blue.

As I'm doing 1/3 less miles commuting (there's now 3 of us carsharing) I'm thinking petrol is now a viable option, so as the title suggests I thinking of a Mito QV. Well its only a 1.4 :whistle:

My questions are:

1) does anyone in Aberdeenish have one I could have a look over and possibly a wee spin in?

2) Does anyone have any comments or feedback regarding ownership of the aforementioned beastie?

thanks chaps and chapesses

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Can't tell about the qv, but the mito is a great commute car. The is plenty space inside and it's comfortable without feeling empty, plasticy or too light - if you get my drift.

Check out the mito owner section - yu might find some more info there.

I've got the Mito Live with the twin air engine. I share cars too, so with no road tax it's a great money saver but I'm getting no where like the mpg I thought I would. The sound system in it is amazing tho and it can keep up, just, when in dynamic mode. Overall I'm happy.

Good little car, sticks out from the herd, but pick your engine carefully for performance or mpg!
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

My son has got one and it's very, very fast! No idea about mpg but he doesn't really do that many miles. Took a while to get it - didn't seem to be that many up here - but Mr Bruce came up trumps just before he went over to the dark side!
(Post Link) post #4 of 11 Old 15-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks guys, with regard to performance or economy, I want both, the Mito 1.6 diesel is a nice car and I'd very nippy at 120 Italian stallions but I drove a q.v. when Westerns came to the Marcliffe a couple of years ago and was really impressed with the package and the 170 stallions, mixed emotions about the Sabelt seats though
benzinahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_blue View Post
Thanks guys, with regard to performance or economy, I want both, the Mito 1.6 diesel is a nice car and I'd very nippy at 120 Italian stallions but I drove a q.v. when Westerns came to the Marcliffe a couple of years ago and was really impressed with the package and the 170 stallions, mixed emotions about the Sabelt seats though
I agree totally with your comments about the QV, I loved driving it - that same day. Rapid and dynamically pretty strong. Those Sabelt seats.............I clearly don't have a Sabelt shape!!!

dinomito

I, on the other hand love the Sabelts. Noticed that they've dropped them from the options list on the new facelift car. The standard seats are more than adequate though.
Once TLL gets her Beemer I'll be on the prowl for a QV. Still miss my old MiTo 155 Veloce.......

(Post Link) post #7 of 11 Old 16-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

I think the Sabelt seats would be amazing and almost a must for blatting round on a track day but on Aberdeenshire roads you would end up 6" shorter due to disc compression lol
We took the Q.V. down south deeside rd and on the twistys was great but painful over the rough surface.

Thanks for the comments so far guys
AO Member

County: Dubayy
The QV is a great little car and bags of fun to drive and cheap road tax! I think i got around the mid 30's for mpg so its not the most econimcal.

I did have a TMC tuning box installed on mine for a very brief time and it made the car go like a bl**dy rocket..!

Dont think you would be one bit dissapointed if you go for one.

Andy
(Post Link) post #9 of 11 Old 16-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfanano View Post
My son has got one and it's very, very fast! No idea about mpg but he doesn't really do that many miles. Took a while to get it - didn't seem to be that many up here - but Mr Bruce came up trumps just before he went over to the dark side!
I have emailed Stuart at Westerns so who knows maybe he will contact me back...
AO Silver Member

County: Stirling

Member car:

Mito 1.6JTDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_blue View Post
I have emailed Stuart at Westerns so who knows maybe he will contact me back...
Don't think we have any MQV here at the moment but hopefully Stuart will know if there is anything coming in soon.
(Post Link) post #11 of 11 Old 19-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QV_Owner View Post
Don't think we have any MQV here at the moment but hopefully Stuart will know if there is anything coming in soon.
I do keep a keen eye on the website and autotrader...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > North Scotland

Tags
mito

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page