5th Annual AlfaOwner NoS Tour - 2014 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
North Scotland All events and potential meets in North Scotland

5th Annual AlfaOwner NoS Tour - 2014
Calendar: Event Calendar
Insc123
AO Member

03-05-14
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Folks,

I've great pleasure in announcing the 5th Annual AlfaOwner NoS Tour, May 3rd and 4th 2014.

T
he 2014 trip will to the Scottish Borders for 2 nights in Melrose.

I have organised rooms at Burts Hotel and The Townhouse both of which are located in the town square.

http://www.burtshotel.co.uk

http://www.thetownhousemelrose.co.uk

Prices are 85 per person, per night, dinner bed and breakfast.

Dinner will be a formal type do on the Sat evening, a more relaxed Bar Supper affair on the Sun.

Please call Burts and make your booking for either hotel with Linda, quoting Alfa Owner.
No deposit is required, but there is a cancellation fee of 1 nights stay if cancelled less than 48hrs prior to the stay.

Rooms are NOT being held, so get a wiggle on and get booked !!!

Once these two hotels are filled, anyone looking for a hotel will need to sort something out for themselves. There are quite a few in Melrose so it shouldn't be a problem. Please let me know if you intend to come along and if so which hotel you are staying at (Burts, Townhouse or An Other) in your RSVP.

The Main Event on Sun 4th will be a run from Melrose over to Lindisfarne and if we have time, back via Bamburgh Castle (photo ops galore there - I'm going to book some good weather this year too!!).

I will finalise specifics such as exact travel routes, meeting points, lunch info, etc nearer the time.

I'm sure this is going to be a good one folks, the scenery will be stunning, the company fantastic. Lets make No5 as good as the last 4.

5th Annual AlfaOwner NoS Tour - 2014
Calendar: Event Calendar
Insc123
AO Member

03-05-14
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Folks,

I've great pleasure in announcing the 5th Annual AlfaOwner NoS Tour, May 3rd and 4th 2014.

T
he 2014 trip will to the Scottish Borders for 2 nights in Melrose.

I have organised rooms at Burts Hotel and The Townhouse both of which are located in the town square.

http://www.burtshotel.co.uk

http://www.thetownhousemelrose.co.uk

Prices are 85 per person, per night, dinner bed and breakfast.

Dinner will be a formal type do on the Sat evening, a more relaxed Bar Supper affair on the Sun.

Please call Burts and make your booking for either hotel with Linda, quoting Alfa Owner.
No deposit is required, but there is a cancellation fee of 1 nights stay if cancelled less than 48hrs prior to the stay.

Rooms are NOT being held, so get a wiggle on and get booked !!!

Once these two hotels are filled, anyone looking for a hotel will need to sort something out for themselves. There are quite a few in Melrose so it shouldn't be a problem. Please let me know if you intend to come along and if so which hotel you are staying at (Burts, Townhouse or An Other) in your RSVP.

The Main Event on Sun 4th will be a run from Melrose over to Lindisfarne and if we have time, back via Bamburgh Castle (photo ops galore there - I'm going to book some good weather this year too!!).

I will finalise specifics such as exact travel routes, meeting points, lunch info, etc nearer the time.

I'm sure this is going to be a good one folks, the scenery will be stunning, the company fantastic. Lets make No5 as good as the last 4.

bresources
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

916 Spider V6

Nice one Stuart.......
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Stout work Stuart - you've got big shoes to fill but I'm sure it will be a cracker!

I'll pack my wellies just in case we don't get off Lindisfarne before the tide comes in!
(Post Link) post #4 of 104 Old 06-12-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

If we don't get off, we drink all the mead....simples
dinomito

Well done Stu, Louise and I are gutted we'll miss it!

We'll be back for number 6!

AO Gold Member

County: Lancashire
We won't be able to come this time as it is a tad too expensive for us. Hope you all have a great time.
benzinahead

Looks like a great weekend will be had. I'll miss this one unfortunately

AO Silver Member

County: Stirling

Member car:

Mito 1.6JTDM

Agree with Mr Dunamis 100 price hike from last year, too expensive for me. Hope you all enjoy it.
AO Member

Pretty sure I'll be there. Just need to see if I can persuade the wife to join me before I book.
dinomito

Quote:
Originally Posted by QV_Owner View Post
Agree with Mr Dunamis 100 price hike from last year, too expensive for me. Hope you all enjoy it.
It's a 20 per head increase Richard. I always had trouble getting the price down, last year was the most difficult yet.

The way I see it though, 85 is not bad for dinner bed and breakfast in a nice hotel with good company. You don't have to stay both nights, and last year we had a few who only came for the drive and the meal after.

AO Silver Member

County: Stirling

Member car:

Mito 1.6JTDM

I agree Graham 85 is not to bad but when you consider everything else, by the time you add fuel and drinks to the bill for the weekend plus anywhere else we stop at or look it does have the potential to be 500 to 600 for a weekend and I know its only December and its not happening till May. Cost of everything going up and wages not other things that are more important need the money. Don't get me wrong I would love to go, I regretted not being able to go last year. All I can do is wait and see nearer the time, might join for the Sunday run just need to wait and see.
AO Gold Member

There is a lot going on around that time of year as well Brooklands and AROC 50 years event soon after at Rockingham. I would like to go on everything but have to make decisions and make a choice.
dinomito

I'm just gutted I won't be there.

dinomito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dunamis View Post
There is a lot going on around that time of year as well Brooklands and AROC 50 years event soon after at Rockingham. I would like to go on everything but have to make decisions and make a choice.
I'd like to do the AROC event at Rockingham also.

SCGT

Might come down for the Sunday run as I did last year , finding things a bit hard , even had to make the decision to kick the habit of home carry out's ....only have a drink now if out for the evening .....

(Post Link) post #16 of 104 Old 09-12-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Chaps,
The trouble I had was finding a hotel which could take our group first of all. The borders is full of cracking hotels often way dearer than this but with much less rooms - or much much more. There were lots of cheaper ones, but too small. I looked at places from Dunbar across to Peebles and down Eymouth before settling with these.

Burt's and The Townhouse are across the road from each other and together can manage us for both rooms and evening meals. Yes it's more expensive, but as I was running out of options and time that was the decision I took. However, there are other hotels and B&B's in Melrose. So why don't you take a look at those and get a room there - you're more than welcome to join us for dinner both nights and of course for the run too. That's was one of the reasons I picked Melrose as a base - options.

Just let me know where you will be staying if you do come and choose to stay somewhere else.

There will also probably be a run up north in the summer too, so if you can't manage this one, that might be an option.

Give me a shout if there's anything I can do.
AO Member

I've booked now (just me) - but didn't ask which hotel I was in . The 85 per person per night applies to single rooms as well as doubles which I think is good value (and slightly cheaper than last year)
(Post Link) post #18 of 104 Old 22-12-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Glad to have you aboard. Townhouse and Burt's are owned by the same folk and directly across the road so you can't get lost whichever you are in.

(Post Link) post #19 of 104 Old 12-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Well folks that's us into 2014. The days will fly by (despite our best attempts to slow them down abit and take it easy.).

Those of you considering coming along need might have less time than you think. Remember there are no reserved rooms at these hotels - only comfirmed bookings, so if you leave it to the last minute there is a chance you might not be with us at Burt's or the Townhouse. Get your booking in now.

Kelso is a popular place and that's a double edged sword. It means a few other hotels and bnb's are there if these are full, (or even if you want to stay somewhere else), but it means that at busy times the place will be full.

As for the route down, I'm hoping we'll be able to do our usual and meet in Western Perth and we will also find someplace just south of Edinburgh for another stop and meet up.

For those coming up from the south, there are a few routes and might be as well for you to head straight there. Coming from the Newcastle or Carlisle you'll already get some great roads coming into Kelso.

Gimme a shout if anyone has any questions.

Stu
AO Member

County: Northumberland
Might pop along for the drive as I stay about 15 miles from kelso and about 15 miles from lindisfarne. Scenery and roads around the borders are great to drive and if you get stuck for any more possible bed and breakfasts give me a shout as I know quite a few in the area and can give you contact details. If I remember rightly there is an old converted church in stitchill near kelso which can be rented out if you don't mind sharing. Means you would have your own cooking but it really is a nice place.

Last edited by stevenf86; 19-01-14 at 21:47.
AO Member

County: Northumberland
[URL="http://www.scottscastles.com/properties/property-158.html"]

County: West Lothian
Garage
Due to our on-going domestic commitments (providing care for my elderly mother), Jennifer and I will attend during the day only and return home in the evening.
(Post Link) post #23 of 104 Old 20-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Great to have the three of you along for the day.

If you want to hang around for dinner please let me know nearer the time and we can sort something out.

I'm hoping a few more folk from the central belt, South Scotland and "doon sooth" do make it up for the run. Spread the word!
(Post Link) post #24 of 104 Old 17-03-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Well folks its now less than 50 days to go.
The weathers getting better, cars coming out of hibernation and its almost warm enough to get the "taps doon" without worrying about the Perspex

Over the next few weeks I'll post up routes and meeting points and any other relevant info.

As for attire - we shall stick with our well worn theme of LOUD SHIRTS.

The turn out is lower than the last couple of years - which is a little disappointing given the scenery and location.

For anyone humming and haying, don't let the price put you off. This is a stunning part of the country and a great rate for the location. If however its a little on the high side, Kelso has plenty of other places to stay and you know we leave no-one behind. If you have any comments or questions, please do let me know.

AO Member

County: Somerset

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDM

All booked up bringing the girlfriend along and making a week of it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > North Scotland

Tags
2014 , 5th , alfaowner , annual , nos , tour

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page