What do YOU want in 2014 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
North Scotland All events and potential meets in North Scotland

(Post Link) post #1 of 24 Old 07-11-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire
What do YOU want in 2014

Time to think about what YOU want next year.

We were late getting kicked off with the runs and the onset of winter means the fun cars are all snuggled up now.

We've had trips to Glen Clova, Pittenweem, Alford and Ballater and our big run down to Gatehouse of Fleet. Good times!

So what do you want to do next year ?

I think we can manage something each month - either a Brekkie run or come the bright nights, something one evening. We also need to plan our big trip...or maybe even trips?

Let's hear from everyone and get the debate going ...

Something I'd like to do is a picnic or BBQ - St Cyrus perhaps? Fife's east neuk demands another trip and the south east borders of Scotland too..

So come on guys, what would you like?
Over to YOU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Member car:

916 Spider V6

Here's my twopence....

1) Taking for granted that our traditional May Day weekend annual tour is on as norm.....think we had hotels booked by this time last year ......always a fab start to the year and gaining popularity year on year from those both near and far.

2) Be good to do a similar weekend towards the end of the summer too. Always up for a weekend away

3) Breakfast meets, evening meets, BBQs, picnics, lunches.....FAB.....anything where we can get out and use our toys....not sit and look at them or have them tucked away in the garage.

Might be worthwhile to put an events diary together for the spring/summer season...so all can plan for the ones they can or wish to attend. Appreciate it is not possible to attend every event! Invariably we all have work, travel and family commitments once in a while which makes this impractical....but advance notice makes attendance planning much easier.

A & A
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

I (plus her in-doors, so that’s two!) am certainly up for the traditional May Day weekend trip – it’s the only way to start the season! Knowing that our venerable and illustrious leader is busy that weekend (young people today, I don’t know…) it’s really up to the rest of us to get something organised. I nominate Andy!! Having said that I’d be happy to help.

Closer to hand, I suggest a post-Christmas meal in January (when restaurants are desperate for trade) – based on the demographic, Aberdeen is probably the best location – those from other parts might want to organise their own, more conveniently located shin-dig.

I'm with Stuart re-the summer, we should be able to have something on every month! I also suggest (again) that we join in with SAROC for a few runs next year – last year’s summer run was a blast and it would be great if some of you guys could come along.

So yeah, BBQ’s, Breakfasts, runs (especially runs!), let’s do it!
dinomito

Indeed, the May Day weekend will unfortunately not involve me next year as I'll be at a friends wedding. I was actually thinking of doing it later on in the year, perhaps July when the schools come off on holiday.

Myself and my beautiful intended will certainly be most interested in joining in with any activities planned for next year. By that time though she'll be known as my current wife! Unfortunately work dictates that I'll not be available most Sundays though.

I'm all for getting the regular pub meets going again. It's always a good informal way for any new people to come along and introduce themselves. It's how we all met after all!

AO Member

Member car:

Brera S V6

I'd be up for a few pub runs next year. I haven't done much Alfa related for a while due to lack of time with the kids, work and moving house. But the Brera is still fighting fit and needs a bit more use next year!
benzinahead

Here are my thoughts on it.........
Definitely up for a tour somewhere over 2 or 3 days even although I can't make the May weekend, as I have other plans his year on that weekend! I have a couple of good contacts at two distilleries who would be happy to provide a tour (maybe with a discount) which may cover a Sunday brekkie run or make up part of another run. The distilleries are in Invergordon (Dalmore) and Clydebank (Auchentoshan). I would like to cover the North east coast a little as well through Banff and Buchan, the scenery is gorgeous and there are some cracking roads. Also Lothian and the West cost (North and South) are areas I would enjoy spending more time driving in. As I don't drive to work these days I am always excited when I have an excuse to drive somewhere!! I am happy to help with North east routes, suitable stopping locations/eateries etc. Also happy to book tables for brekkie runs/curry nights etc
Roll on 2014!!

AO Member

County: Highlands

Member car:

Alfa-less

Idea

Well I am biased but it would be nice to have a few folk come up here (Inverness area) for a gathering of some kind In case anyone suggests it I'd be inclined to skip the idea of coming for the Snowman rally (cold, snow, salt etc) and look at a run in the warmer months.
There's some uber fun roads to enjoy, even at the height of the grockle season
benzinahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by INS147 View Post
Well I am biased but it would be nice to have a few folk come up here (Inverness area) for a gathering of some kind In case anyone suggests it I'd be inclined to skip the idea of coming for the Snowman rally (cold, snow, salt etc) and look at a run in the warmer months.
There's some uber fun roads to enjoy, even at the height of the grockle season
I recommend the Black Isle - aka God's country....................

AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD

Struie road from Alness to Bonar Bridge and on to Lairg, A831/ A833 Cannich loop, A835 Ullapool road, Latheron Wheel to Thurso and of course getting there (Lecht, Bridge of Brown, Carrbridge etc).
Creme de la creme of Scottish roads.
AO Silver Member

I made this suggestion last year https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/north...r-day-out.html but I then didnt follow up on it.

We need quite a bit of interest, 20 cars minimum for a weekend rolling road day at £40 p/car.

Might be an idea for a joint day with AROC.

With regards to the other stuff, I am hopeful of being able to join in runs/meets in 2014 with the kids being a bit older and work being less demanding
dinomito

Just round the corner from my work......

Get some more information Alex and report back my friend. I'd still be interested in doing this.

(Post Link) post #12 of 24 Old 15-11-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Ok, thats some great feedback and ideas, so some things to work on.

January Post Xmas meal - I'll get something up about that

SAROC - Mike, could I ask you to look into this and post up when the time comes please!

Rolling Road - Sounds great. The problem might be getting conformations in advance tho'. But I'd be up for seeing how many horsies my spider has left. Alex, please do follow up on it and post up.

Pub Runs, Evening Runs & Sundays - The Glen Glova Hotel and the Pennan Inn are on the list already - any other suggestions?

The May day trip is a bit of a curtain raiser and I thought about the south east borders with a little run across to Lindisfarne and Banburgh Castle. This is a corner of the country we've not been in before and there are some great roads and stunning scenery.

It sounds like a run up to the Black Isle and possibly beyond -with a distillery visit - might be another good location. With Delboy and Graham unable to make a May date perhaps sometime in summer would be a good time for this.

How does that sound so far folks?
AO Member

Member car:

916 Spider V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insc123 View Post
The May day trip is a bit of a curtain raiser and I thought about the south east borders with a little run across to Lindisfarne and Banburgh Castle. This is a corner of the country we've not been in before and there are some great roads and stunning scenery.
sounds like you pretty much have it organised there Stuart.... Where do we sign up
AO Member

County: Highlands

Member car:

Alfa-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insc123 View Post
It sounds like a run up to the Black Isle and possibly beyond -with a distillery visit - might be another good location.
You might want to consider a visit to the Black Isle Brewery (save the planet, drink organic!) and I know one or two excellent places for a lunchtime nosh
(Post Link) post #15 of 24 Old 20-11-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

I'll be getting something down on "paper" so to speak next week re the May run and once I have that fixed and underway we fix our post xmas-do and cast around for suitable dates and routes for summer

AO Member

County: Edinburgh

Member car:

alfa spider

You guys fancy a meet up next year ???
(Post Link) post #17 of 24 Old 03-12-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

For May,
I'm still working on this and narrowing it down to either Melrose or Kelso for the 3rd and 4th of May.
I hope to have some hotel information and prices for everyone by the end of the week. The hotels in this part of the country are either, it seems, large and expensive, or small with only a small number of rooms so it's probable we will be split over two places. Dinner will be in one of the hotels both nights. Prices are being worked on but are likely to be similar to last year at Gatehouse of Fleet.

The main trip will be a run to Lindisfarne - the tide tables show the causeway being open for almost the whole day. Popping down to Bambrugh Castle is also a possibility.

July-August
It's also more than likely there will be a trip in summer up to Inverness and the Black Isle. So if you miss one you can catch the other!

I'll keep you posted.

AO Member

Member car:

Well done Stu! Drop me a line if I can help in any way.
(Post Link) post #19 of 24 Old 04-12-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Cheers Mike,
I'm just off the phone with the owner of two hotels in Melrose and I think I will have something in place by the weekend.

Bear with me gang, almost there !
AO Member

Member car:

I'd rather beer with you!
(Post Link) post #21 of 24 Old 06-12-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Post going up today.
Hotels for Melrose Confirmed.

We're on!
dinomito

Well done mate!

CPE
AO Member

County: East Ayrshire
Ohhhhh... I'm interested! If one from the soooooth can join in.
(Post Link) post #24 of 24 Old 07-12-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Anyone can join, from anywhere.
Just follow the instructions on the post and RSVP with the numbers and hotel.

See you there!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > North Scotland

Tags

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page