1st September Brekkie Run - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
North Scotland All events and potential meets in North Scotland

1st September Brekkie Run
Calendar: Event Calendar
Insc123
AO Member

01-09-13
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
September eh?
Time marches on, so lets get another one in !

Commencing at the Sand Dollar cafe at Aberdeen Beach, sharp, at 10am for a cracking cooked breakfast.

Then, as mood and weather take us, to Newmachar, Oldmeldrum, then onto Pitcaple, Oyne, head west on the B9002 then onto the Suie Red, into Alford, (coffee, nibbles?) and back to Aberdeen, effectively circling Bennachie.

We will not be able to reserve a table at the Sand Dollar, so please make sure that if you are coming you are there by 10. If it is a particularly busy day we may have to wait a wee while til everyone is seen to, but on the other hand that's likely to mean the weathers cracking and it will be another scorcher....here's hoping.

As usual, let me know numbers so I can let them know in advance.

See you there guys!

1st September Brekkie Run
Calendar: Event Calendar
Insc123
AO Member

01-09-13
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
September eh?
Time marches on, so lets get another one in !

Commencing at the Sand Dollar cafe at Aberdeen Beach, sharp, at 10am for a cracking cooked breakfast.

Then, as mood and weather take us, to Newmachar, Oldmeldrum, then onto Pitcaple, Oyne, head west on the B9002 then onto the Suie Red, into Alford, (coffee, nibbles?) and back to Aberdeen, effectively circling Bennachie.

We will not be able to reserve a table at the Sand Dollar, so please make sure that if you are coming you are there by 10. If it is a particularly busy day we may have to wait a wee while til everyone is seen to, but on the other hand that's likely to mean the weathers cracking and it will be another scorcher....here's hoping.

As usual, let me know numbers so I can let them know in advance.

See you there guys!

bresources
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

dinomito

Gets good reviews this place, we're looking forward to change of venue.

(Post Link) post #3 of 34 Old 17-08-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire
The food is lovely and Derek's worked out a great route.
benzinahead

I can personally recommend the Sanddollar, Suzi, who owns and runs it is a good friend of mine, a excellent chef and has never disappointed!

dinomito

We will not be up in time for breakfast, but we'll manage to come along for the run after.

(Post Link) post #6 of 34 Old 27-08-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Can I have yir black puddin instead !

Let me know when you are on your way and we will either wait or make plans to catch up at a specific point and time. Mind tho' - you'll be bringing up the rear

As its Aberdeen beach and whatever the weather it will be busy so we probably won't get a chance to park up together so what we will do is assemble after Brekkie further along the Esplanade towards the mouth of the don before heading off. Shouldn't be difficult for anyone to spot us.

See you all on Sunday.
dinomito

Just aff the phone with Neil, we'll meet up with you all after yir Brekkie. We'll be ready and in town by about 12:30 at the latest.

Will we just meet at the beach, or further along the route??

benzinahead

So I'm going to give Suzi at Sanddollar a phone on Thursday to confirm no.s currently she is primed for 10 to 12 people, so with GB's plans in mind I make that six currently (for brekkie). More black pudding to go round us all then, although Suzi said I have first dibs

AO Member

room for one more? I will be in the f***s though :-(
(Post Link) post #10 of 34 Old 30-08-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Sundays numbers are now into the Sand Dollar - ie those who have RSVP's yes!

Anyone else coming along is more than welcome, however they will need to see to themselves for Brekkie and may not get a table. It's a busy restaurant and spaces can't be guaranteed I'm afraid.

However if you do still want come along, please do.

Graeme, TLL and Neil...we will re-assemble after Brekkie along the esplanade towards the mouth of the Don. If something comes up and you guys are delayed we'll wait again in the long northbound lay by between Newmachar and Whiterashes.

See you on Sunday !

Last edited by Insc123; 30-08-13 at 22:30.
dinomito

G R A H A M. It's no difficult mate! I'm not English.

I'll give you a buzz when we are getting into town. You bringing the TwinAir beastie or the Twin Spark monster?

(Post Link) post #12 of 34 Old 31-08-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Apologies Mr G! Too many gra(e)(h)am's about at the mo.

Please do give me a bell.

And shhhhhh ! It's a surprise!
dinomito

Great to see you all today. Nice new MiTo Stuart! Great also to have Neil up from Dunfermline with Zoe the yellow peril.
I enjoyed tailing the Sheas in their wee Sud, until we got stuck behind that stupid b*t*h in the Discovery! We were stuck behind all the way to Fettercairn!

Shame we couldn't join you for breakfast, sounds like it was good though.

We'll set a date for the next one further south to try and tempt some more southerners. I'll let you know my rota Stuart.

AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinomito View Post
I enjoyed tailing the Sheas in their wee Sud, until we got stuck behind that stupid b*t*h in the Discovery! We were stuck behind all the way to Fettercairn!
Really sorry about that guys! What is it about these people who drive at 20mph around corners and then floor it on the straights bits? They seem to revel in holding others up.

Here's a few nice pics - sorry there are none of the GTV Graham - I didn't take any at Alford.

Last edited by alfanano; 01-04-15 at 11:52.
(Post Link) post #15 of 34 Old 01-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

A fine run today, despite the beginnings of the autumnal weather - bravely bourne by Neil and Andy - seeing who would pull over to run up the hood first - neither buckled tho!

A fine brekkie at the Sand Dollar and a brief break at Touch of Scotland to look at the "dust gatherers" as Mr Wilson so eloquently put it then on to Alford to catch up with Graham and TLL.

Before the Spider go into Hybernation I'm sure we will manage a trip south, to the kingdom perhaps and a Braemar to Glenshee wizz too.

The Mito did well with the twin air zipping along the windy roads - not so quick off the mark as the 166 (sniff ) or my spider, but a comfy ride and the pioneer system was superb.

See you all soon!
dinomito

After tailing the Discovery for 20 miles I had memorised the name sticker on the back.

Dom Buckley Motorsport IRS - Dom Buckley Rally Preparation

Just a pity the Rally driving didn't filter down to what I presume to be wife/daughter, she really needs to learn how to drive without annoying other road users. If she'd stuck to 60mph then we'd have had no problems, but the slowing down to 20/30mph at every corner was downright stupid. The flat out speeding up on the straights even more so. We could have passed on numerous occasions, but the unpredictable nature of her poor driving would have put us all at risk of an accident.

benzinahead

Although the Disco held things up somewhat I really enjoyed the day, good company once again, some pretty good roads, nice brekkie to start and a host of tidy bellas to be proud of. Cracking MiTo Stuart but the GTV will still be my next purchase, a little patience will pay off I hope
Looking forward to the next run with some southerners!

(Post Link) post #18 of 34 Old 06-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Well last weekend showed the change in the weather and its been confirmed by this week, summers gone and autumns here....and so is the road tax reminder for the spider!

With that in mind it's time to think about our next few runs.

What's folks availability over sept and oct ?

Post em up here and we'll pick the best dates and post the dates up as new events.
dinomito

22nd of September or 3rd of November are my only free Sundays between now and end of the year. The rest are taken up by work or family stuff.

Wee suggestion, another local one, Western was suggested, for the 22nd September. Then let's do a big Scotland one to round up the year???? Central belt / Fife or something????

Heads together, I feel a pub meet some evening soon to discuss further. Aberdeen is fine for me, finish at 5pm on Tuesdays or 7pm Wednesday/Thursdays.

(Post Link) post #20 of 34 Old 07-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

We can't manage on the 22nd but are free on the 28/29th. Busy for much of October because of hols & other commitments, but free 26/27th and got a few things on in November too.

How about a catch up, next tues, 10th at the Ghillies Lair to discuss things for next few months and next years big run?
dinomito

I could be there for 5:30. Fancy trying somewhere different?

(Post Link) post #22 of 34 Old 07-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Anywhere you like....
Anyone one else fancy coming too?
benzinahead

22nd I was planing going to the AOSS meet at Bathgate/Queensferry. Would be good to have a chat about some dates and events etc but given that I take the bus to work these days will be a bit later before I can join you - anywhere is fine for me - just me to think about

AO Member

County: -

Member car:

I can't make Tuesday (packing for the annual pilgrimage to the Goodwood Revival!) but I'd like to do another run before the end of September (before I put the old cars into hibernation).
dinomito

I could drap ye aff min, or pick ye up for that matter.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > North Scotland

Tags
1st , brekkie , run , september

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page