V6 Cam belt change in the Highlands? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
North Scotland All events and potential meets in North Scotland

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 24-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Highlands

Member car:

99 GTV 3.0 V6

V6 Cam belt change in the Highlands?

Can anyone recommend a reliable garage that would be able to do this at a reasonable price near Inverness or bit further a field? (I haven't checked a price with Donald MacKenzie's but I imagine it will be steep)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Member car:

Alfa-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teuchter View Post
Can anyone recommend a reliable garage that would be able to do this at a reasonable price near Inverness or bit further a field? (I haven't checked a price with Donald MacKenzie's but I imagine it will be steep)
It'll be steep, but I will ask at mackenzies when I pick my 147 up what the damage would be for a V6 cambelt change. It could be worth your while having a day in Dundee and taking the 156 to CP Garage Services. Bit of a hike but they seem to have a solid reputation.
(Post Link) post #3 of 9 Old 29-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

99 GTV 3.0 V6

Ah cheers Hamish, yeah can't imagine it being anything else other than expensive. The change is a wee while away still (saying that the bloody thing will snap now ) but I got a bit jumpy when I could hear some tapping from the cam belt region. But I have a feeling it could be a slightly wrong grade of oil that I changed it to a week back that's playing with the tappets.
CP you say? Might just drop them an email and see how much it could be.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa-less

Crazed

I confess......... I neglected to ask how much a cambelt change would be for your 2.5 at Mackenzies when I picked up my 147 earlier today. Sorry chap, I got a wee bit preoccupied by the very large bill (expected to be large) I had to pay
However, I'm pretty sure that a cambelt change on an Alfa is a fixed price item at a dealer in terms of labour charge so it's maybe worth giving them a buzz for a quote. They may work with parts (belt, tensioners, water pump etc) that you supply but I'd make sure they're OE parts if you can.

Ocht
AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD

Teuchter,
Have a day out in Dundee, or make a weekend of it.
CP are excellent and the Apex hotel down by the bridge does really good weekend deals. The pubs are good and there is a Chinese restaurant that is just fantastic.
More importantly CP carry all the Alfa parts so even if something untoward happens they will have the part in stock.
AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire
+1 for CP, cant recommend Euan highly enough, he also has courtesy cars (check availability if you call) so you could have a day out around Dundee.

Welcome - CP Garage Services | Dundee

Last edited by moon_blue; 01-07-13 at 21:54. Reason: shoddy spelling
(Post Link) post #7 of 9 Old 01-07-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

99 GTV 3.0 V6

Cheers guys for the info, I fired off an email at the weekend and Evan sent a speedy response this morning, all in parts and labour it would come to £844, which includes water pump, spark plug seals, rocker cover seals as well as everything else your expect and going by yourselves it seems a good deal and it would be done in confidence. I'll maybe have a think on it over the next few week as it's not no.1 on the to do list on the car (the fecking suspension is up there and the MAF too) but as I'll be moving to Newcastle for a while for my new job and I don't want the unspeakable to happen *touch wood*
It last had it done back in 2010 at 56000 miles and it topped 90000 with me on Friday so I have some time to spare. This owning an Alfa is life consuming I tell ya

Gavin.

Gavin

Bilstein B14 PSS Coil overs,
Eibach Front and Rear ARBs,
Novitec Front Spoiler,
WizardOvOz Unicorse Replica Cat-Back,
Performance Friction Pads,
Autolusso Braided Hoses,
BMC CDA.
AO Member

County: Moray

Member car:

156 1.6TS

If you've not had this done yet, I'd recommend Bitz Garage in Nairn. Why? Because I work there....!
(Post Link) post #9 of 9 Old 11-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

99 GTV 3.0 V6

How much would a cam belt change be? Including the water pump with a metal impeller. Also would it be possible for me to do some painting to my cam covers and fuel rails as well?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > North Scotland

Tags
156 , belt , cam , cambelt , change , highlands , inverness , scotland

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page