My new 159 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
North Scotland All events and potential meets in North Scotland

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 15-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire
My new 159

Hey folks, got my car yesterday from down south. Its a low mileage 1.9 Ti, really good condition. Was a good run up the road to get used to the car. This is my first foray away from german cars and my first saloon so it will be interesting.

1st impressions are it is not far off build quality of some of the newer VW's I have in the past, drives really well and seats are very comfortable.

Ergonomically it does seem to have a few little niggles but they are minor.

Ordered some front mud flaps for it and I looking at replacing the rear arch protection as its gone a little yellow, can you still get these from the dealers or is it better to use them as a template for new ones and extend them?

Also having issue pairing with the phone system but thats probably down to my ****ty works blackberry.
It will get mapped at some point as its too slow for me, good thing though I suppose it will make my RS4 seem even quicker when I get back in

All in all very glad I bought one, on the drive down with the old car I saw 20millions clones, on the way back not one 159.

Coulpe of quick photos I took before it got dirty.

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps68096fe2.jpg

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/z...psf634f09d.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

that is a nice car, enjoy
dinomito

Quote:
Originally Posted by coullstar View Post
Hey folks, got my car yesterday from down south. Its a low mileage 1.9 Ti, really good condition. Was a good run up the road to get used to the car. This is my first foray away from german cars and my first saloon so it will be interesting.

1st impressions are it is not far off build quality of some of the newer VW's I have in the past, drives really well and seats are very comfortable.

Ergonomically it does seem to have a few little niggles but they are minor.

Ordered some front mud flaps for it and I looking at replacing the rear arch protection as its gone a little yellow, can you still get these from the dealers or is it better to use them as a template for new ones and extend them?

Also having issue pairing with the phone system but thats probably down to my ****ty works blackberry.
It will get mapped at some point as its too slow for me, good thing though I suppose it will make my RS4 seem even quicker when I get back in

All in all very glad I bought one, on the drive down with the old car I saw 20millions clones, on the way back not one 159.

Coulpe of quick photos I took before it got dirty.

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps68096fe2.jpg

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/z...psf634f09d.jpg
Hi Coullster, nice looking motor. Ti is definitely the best spec. The Prodrive mudflaps from the Brera S look great on the 159, get them. And the plastic film wheel arch protection can be ordered and fitted by us. As can the flaps for that matter.

(Post Link) post #4 of 9 Old 15-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Cheers, Ive already got some flaps coming from your Edinburgh branch that were on ebay. I might just get some 3m film and make slightly bigger bits to cover the unprotected arch.

Phone suddenly started working today as well so thats all good.
AO Member

County: Meath
Congrats..great taste.....fab car...
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD

Now that is a lovely car.
Have fun!
AO Gold Member

County: Durham
Very nice fella.
Enjoy.
(Post Link) post #8 of 9 Old 15-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Cheers folks, any decent places for a remap etc in Scotland? I spoke to Clellans who can do the Alfatune one.
AO Member

Nice G!! Making me jealous reading this thread! At least I'm contributing to your new car!! I would get the film on the back arches to cover the gap too! Really don't know why alfa decided to leave a gap!! That's exactly where mine was chipped badly! Have fun!! Johnny at JJB motors in York is alfa as well as Audi!! He does mapping!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > North Scotland

Tags

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page