Clark Motorsport Kintore - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
North Scotland All events and potential meets in North Scotland

(Post Link) post #1 of 17 Old 20-12-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Highlands

Member car:

Alfa-less

Help Clark Motorsport Kintore

Tracking and alignment on my 147 clearly needs to be done as the inside of both front tyres is pretty worn. Last time it goes to the dealers for suspension work, I only found the wear when I switched to my winter wheels and tyres three weeks ago

This was supposed to have been 'done' by the local dealer but clearly needs to be done properly and as there is a distinct lack of places in Inverness to get the work done I have been recommended to try Clark Motorsport in Kintore. Home | rally car preparation and performance parts supply, subaru parts, mitsubishi parts | Clark Motorsport

Anyone used them? I have had two strong endorsements for their work but always worth seeing if anyone 'Alfa' has used them.

Ocht
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Dubayy
Quote:
Originally Posted by INS147 View Post
Tracking and alignment on my 147 clearly needs to be done as the inside of both front tyres is pretty worn. Last time it goes to the dealers for suspension work, I only found the wear when I switched to my winter wheels and tyres three weeks ago

This was supposed to have been 'done' by the local dealer but clearly needs to be done properly and as there is a distinct lack of places in Inverness to get the work done I have been recommended to try Clark Motorsport in Kintore. Home | rally car preparation and performance parts supply, subaru parts, mitsubishi parts | Clark Motorsport

Anyone used them? I have had two strong endorsements for their work but always worth seeing if anyone 'Alfa' has used them.
Yes i used these guys to install my Koni FSD's and to do a full alignment.

Very helpfully and would use them again!

Full alignment was around £75.

cheers

Andy
Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 237
County: Moray

Member car:

GT jtd 156Sw jtd

Sounds like you need bottom arms as well as tracking , but sure, Barry would be able to help you I know him well and he is well qualified.
Tell him from me just think its a ford or mitsi he,s fixing !
(Post Link) post #4 of 17 Old 20-12-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleggzer View Post
Very helpfully and would use them again!
Good news

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFAPAT View Post
Sounds like you need bottom arms as well as tracking , but sure, Barry would be able to help you I know him well and he is well qualified.
Tell him from me just think its a ford or mitsi he,s fixing !
Dear God I hope not they were both changed within the last 12 months. That said, would it really surprise me if they both needed done after (maybe) 6k miles? Errr.... no. Not really

Handily, everyone speaks highly of them so I think that's a decision made
Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 237

Member car:

GT jtd 156Sw jtd

In that case its probably just tracking which should have been done when you renewed the bottom arms . Hope you get a soloution.
AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire
I have used Clark for alignment on the Subaru, good guys to discuss work need etc. Will use again for sure.

A little closer to you are Bitz (Nairn) who I have also heard good things about but never used.
(Post Link) post #7 of 17 Old 20-12-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa-less

Hmmmm, Bitz are indeed a lot closer. Useful, thanks
AO Member

Member car:

99 GTV 3.0 V6

I'm in the same boat Ins as I've just put my winter tyres and found an unhealthy amount of inne wear. So I might go to Bitz in Nairn and I can report back my findings.
(Post Link) post #9 of 17 Old 21-12-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa-less

Cool I'm planning on calling them (Blitz) early January and if I cant get the 147 booked in there PDQ then it'll be off to Clarks.

If you get in before me, it'll be useful to hear how you get on
AO Member

Never heard a bad word about Clark!
AO Member

Member car:

99 GTV 3.0 V6

Sorry I haven't got back about this but I've been on a two week fire fighting course and haven't managed to find the time to get anything done. However I did manage to contact them and all seems to be reasonable so hopefully in the next two weeks I'll produce something!
(Post Link) post #12 of 17 Old 01-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa-less

Crazed

Holy thread resurrection......

In the end (and for the time being anyway) I threw my toys out of my pram with Donnie the service manager at the dealers and the wheel alignment and tracking were redone FOC. Why? Well when you consider how often they've had the suspension and front of the car apart to fix other things it's pretty clear that the (charged for) alignment and tracking wasn't done or wasn't done properly They also bled the brakes properly as they'd not been right since they fitted a new rear caliper in November

It has cost me two new front tyres, it was bit galling having to chuck two 215/57/17 Fulda Carat Excelero tyres (with less than 8k miles on them) in the bin which although down to the 'canvas' on the insides of both still had 6mm tread on the outside......
Irritatingly those tyres weren't available locally again so I now have 2 nice Fulda SportControl on the front. Time will tell if the alignment is right.......

In the mean time, I need to figure out why the damn thing isn't running right
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by INS147 View Post
In the mean time, I need to figure out why the damn thing isn't running right
Alfa Character. They all do that :P

What's wrong with it?
(Post Link) post #14 of 17 Old 05-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa-less

After a series of poor running issues it went back to the dealer who diagnosed a marginally faulty EGR - previously I have had the EGR off twice and cleaned it, function seemed fine to me but I am assured that it wasn't working at 100%.
The EGR has been now changed at the dealer for a brand new one (bill not in yet - long story) but after picking it up late on Friday (ie. just as the garage was shutting) the car started coughing and spluttering after just a few miles. It was like a cleaning lady who used to work at my old offices in Aberdeen who smoked 40 JPS every day, short bursts of normality followed by coughing and spluttering for hours.
Anyway, it smoothed out a bit when on the open road but I whipped the new EGR off anyway on Saturday to find the old gaskets had been re-used. The gaskets were sealing OK but I was surprised as I thought they'd fit new gaskets. I had an ebay special EGR flow restricting plate/gasket (rather than a full blanking plate, not a good idea on the 16v jtd) to fit to before the EGR and once this was done and it went like a proper rocket again, very smooth, very nice power delivery.
Until yesterday that is. Sat in traffic at lunchtime the dreaded MCSF light came on
Fortunately I have a loan of an obdii hand held diagnostic 'device' that reads and clears error codes made by Sealey. Plugged it in and the error code was showing low flow at EGR. Cleared it but the fault reappeared last night when I got home, 15 miles of driving no issues but as the car sat at tick-over whilst I opened the gate up came the error again. With my first coffee this morning I cleared the same code down again. Guess that flow restricting gasket will need to come out, get 'reprofiled' with a bigger hole and refitted. Or I might whip it out completely and fit one between the EGR and the inlet manifold. I dunno, I'm getting bored now
Suspension work next, or 5 litres of super-unleaded and a box of swan vestas
AO Member

County: Aberdeen
Use the one that fits on to the inlet manifold - that will fix your engine management light comming back on. Or just get a re-map and get EGR switched off all together. Well worth it just for more power and mpg.
AO Member

Member car:

156 1.6TS

Bit late I know, but if you need alignment work in the North of Scotland, Bitz Garage in Nairn is the place to go. I work there, we have the latest Hunter 4-wheel laser equipment which is sooooo accurate it's unbelievable! (It's actually a pain in the proverbial at times, as people look at the printouts and think their settings are close to being "out", when it's just that the settings / limits it sets are so tight, lol) We get a lot of competition cars in to set-up, including a few of the top-runners in the Scottish Rally Championship.
(Post Link) post #17 of 17 Old 10-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa-less

I'm collecting new suspension items on the QT.
Once I've fitted them I'll probably pop by Bitz

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > North Scotland

Tags
clark , kintore , motorsport

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page