Anyone selling anything in this region? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
North Scotland All events and potential meets in North Scotland

(Post Link) post #1 of 21 Old 26-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire
Anyone selling anything in this region?

Hi all,

I am after an alfa, any alfa up to a budget. Looking for a 2.0tspark or bigger.

I would love a 145 qv more than anything. Would also consider:

GTV
GT (Cheap one :S)
146 ti

164 or 166 i might consider but parking at work might be an issue due to size.

If anyone on here is thinking of selling up in the near future, please let me know.

Also, if anyone knows of any alfa's in dealers in the area, please let me know. Scotads list only 2 and both are Mito's and way out of my (current) price range

Thanks all!

Alfa GT 3.2 V6 - Quaife diff, Wizard SS manifolds, Scorpion SS downpipes, Scorption GTA catback, Bilstein b4 Dampers, braided brake lines, MTEC drilled disks, Red Stuff pads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Highlands

Member car:

Alfa-less

Soundmixer may know of a 166 which he was offered which might be up your street price-wise.
That said.... if I were you.... have a look on gumtree. Couple of very decent price Alfas to be found
Like:
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...stem/112701692
or
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...2013/112402803
maybe....
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...-156/111677393
and finally - as you like a project......
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...6mdl/111049999

Ocht

Last edited by INS147; 26-10-12 at 18:36. Reason: added gumtree listings
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD

There's a 166 in Tarland but I don't know the contact details.
I'll see if I can find out and let you know.
AO Member

Member car:

Brera S V6

You may have seen it, but there is a 155 silverstone edition on Autotrader at Parc Carz. Noticed it the other day. Stiffly priced at £5k, and only a few pictures. Maybe worth a look?
AO Member

This http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1996-ALFA-...item19d5f59355

I was looking at buying it myself but the garage is still full of 155 & I'd only be buying this to rip the engine out which seems a shame.
AO Member

County: Western Isles

Member car:

Spider 2.4 jtm

Since I moved office the GTV twinny has done 25 miles! It needs new rear disks for the MoT (which I have) - new ones were fitted for last MoT but if they are not used they will rust!

Its a 98 Ph2 in Vela blue with black leather. 103K miles. Lots of service history. New exhaust, rear shocks, CV joints and brakes all done for last MoT. Timing belts done last year and it has just had an oil change.

As soon as I get the new MoT on it it will be up for sale. If you wanted it I could take it across to Inverness or Elgin on a weekend. I hadn't intended to put tax on it prior to sale but you could have it it for £995 with 6 months tax and a new MoT.

Happy to provide you with photos.

"When you sit in a Focus RS or a Golf R32 itís like sitting in a commercial for Lynx aftershave. When you sit in an 147 GTA itís like sitting in a Venetianís hand-made suitcase." J.Clarkson 2003.

Current fleet: 156 Sportwagon jtd 16V (facelift) 2.4 Spider, Leon Cupra SC, 147 Lusso
Projects: Spider S4, Matra Murena 2.2
Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 237
County: Moray

Member car:

GT jtd 156Sw jtd

A friend of mine has a 1.8 156 sportwagon face lift it been sitting around for a while so will need brakes ,I think it also needs a screen .

Hi Ransoman
I think you used to have a 145/146 did you ever have an airbag problem /light and managed to get it fixed. The MOT is due so the new law says no dash lights, somehow it needs to be extuigished!
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFAPAT View Post
A friend of mine has a 1.8 156 sportwagon face lift it been sitting around for a while so will need brakes ,I think it also needs a screen .

Hi Ransoman
I think you used to have a 145/146 did you ever have an airbag problem /light and managed to get it fixed. The MOT is due so the new law says no dash lights, somehow it needs to be extuigished!
Pull out the bulb. Worked for me with an ABS issue on a 155.
Club Member
Membro Medio

Member car:

GT jtd 156Sw jtd

Ah well thats the final thought anyway. Thanks.
(Post Link) post #10 of 21 Old 29-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. A few cars here that i hadn't seen for sale before. All much appreciated.

Saw the 164 before. Very nice but i really doubt i will get it into my work carpark. Even the fiat is a squeeze.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFAPAT View Post

Hi Ransoman
The light needs to be reset with a diagnostic program. To prevent it from happeneing again you are best cutting the connector under the front seats and soldering the cables together. Make sure you disconnect the battery for 30 minutes before you start. The front seat connectors are a known weakpoint.

If you do that your airbags will continue to work and the light will stay out (unless another fault exists).

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver33p4 View Post
Since I moved office the GTV twinny has done 25 miles! It needs new rear disks for the MoT (which I have) - new ones were fitted for last MoT but if they are not used they will rust!

Its a 98 Ph2 in Vela blue with black leather. 103K miles. Lots of service history. New exhaust, rear shocks, CV joints and brakes all done for last MoT. Timing belts done last year and it has just had an oil change.

As soon as I get the new MoT on it it will be up for sale. If you wanted it I could take it across to Inverness or Elgin on a weekend. I hadn't intended to put tax on it prior to sale but you could have it it for £995 with 6 months tax and a new MoT.

Happy to provide you with photos.
This one sounds very promising. Please let me know when you have done the MOT
AO Member

County: Western Isles

Member car:

Spider 2.4 jtm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransoman View Post
This one sounds very promising. Please let me know when you have done the MOT
Will do. I have sent you a link to some photos
Club Member
Membro Medio

Member car:

GT jtd 156Sw jtd

Once I get through to the diagnostic I will give this a try , at the moment I am not communicating with it which is half the problem. I have an omitec and since fes did not help I am waiting for a cable for the other.
dinomito

Got a very good 145 Cloverleaf which you could have. Davie and I bought it with the intention of stripping it and using it as a track car. It's in too good condition for that though. It needs a radiator and an MOT, it also has a noisy wheel bearing. Currently on a SORN. Car is currently at the garage in Perth if you want to view it.
£500 is what we need for it. My details are in my signature.
G

(Post Link) post #14 of 21 Old 31-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinomito View Post
Got a very good 145 Cloverleaf which you could have. Davie and I bought it with the intention of stripping it and using it as a track car. It's in too good condition for that though. It needs a radiator and an MOT, it also has a noisy wheel bearing. Currently on a SORN. Car is currently at the garage in Perth if you want to view it.
£500 is what we need for it. My details are in my signature.
G
Thanks, What colour/Year/Phase is it? When was the MOT Out and is the timing belt recent?
dinomito

It's Alfa Red, '99 S reg, I'm no expert on the 145 but I'm guessing it's a phase 2.
MOT expired in August, and the timing belt was done approx 2 years ago. Have just left a message with the previous owner to confirm this.............

dinomito

It's a Phase 1 with a CF2 engine. Timing belt was done around 3 years and 10,000 miles ago.

AO Member

County: Fife
Graham, it's actually a '98. If I had somewhere dry to store it I wouldn't have sold it.

It's got a Longlife stainless steel exhaust, new Monroe shocks all round, Eibach springs all round, new lower front arms, top mounts and drop links. All the brakes are pretty much new, pads, disks and most of the pipes and hoses, as are the spark plugs, variator and water pump. MAF is a new Bosch one. One rear wheel bearing is new, one front bearing is new but the other one is a rumbly. As Graham said, the radiator is past it's best but it is okay in colder weather, just struggles a bit when the temperature gets into hgh teens or twenties. Rust in the usual places has been repaired to a high standard by an expert welder/metal worker

(Graham I'll take 10% for my sales commision)
dinomito

Doh! Of course it's a '98! If I had a garage I'd keep it and restore it. Won't have space till January or February when my Dad should have his new garage/workshop finished.

Club Member
Membro Medio

Member car:

GT jtd 156Sw jtd

145 in gumtree local to ne scotland
AO Member

County: Durham
Hi I have a alfa romeo 147 2.0 ts lusso for sale but am in county durham. The car is in great condition with alot of extras I have done to it.
(Post Link) post #21 of 21 Old 12-11-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Thanks to everyone who has posted. I have now bought Driver33p4's spare GTV.

A very promising project at the right price.

Next time i need a car, i certainly know which forum to ask. Thanks again for all the suggestions/offers.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > North Scotland

Tags
region , selling

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page