Tayside Classic Car Club Motor Show - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
North Scotland All events and potential meets in North Scotland

dinomito

Tayside Classic Car Club Motor Show

Hi Folks,

Tayside Classic Car Club will be holding their 7th Annual Motor Show on Sunday 10th of June @ Erroll Airfield. We had a thread up for it last year with little or no interest.

Are there any of you who fancy this as a mid summer day out? Perhaps to incorporate a late afternoon run and meal as well????

Over to you folks

Graham (dinomito) & Lesley (mymito10)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Perth and Kinross
I went to this event today and it was a well organised well attended affair. It's a great pity no one from alfaowners.com seems to be interested, my Wife and I would certainly be interested in displaying our Alfas in the future if more did. There were one or two Alfas and other Italian cars there including a good showing from Lancia some of which I saw at Tarvit. However, would those of us with relatively new Alfas be permitted into the show given that, strictly speaking our car's aren’t classics (yet!)?
dbm

County: Dundee

Member car:

zodiac

Tayside Classic Car Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway star View Post
I went to this event today and it was a well organised well attended affair. It's a great pity no one from alfaowners.com seems to be interested, my Wife and I would certainly be interested in displaying our Alfas in the future if more did. There were one or two Alfas and other Italian cars there including a good showing from Lancia some of which I saw at Tarvit. However, would those of us with relatively new Alfas be permitted into the show given that, strictly speaking our car's arenít classics (yet!)?
Hi, Thanks for your kind words about our show, your cars would be more than welcome as a club stand . Next years show planing is underway already visit the club website
TCCC Homepage for details over the coming months
Thanks again Dave McGill ( TCC Show committee)
dinomito

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbm View Post
Hi, Thanks for your kind words about our show, your cars would be more than welcome as a club stand . Next years show planing is underway already visit the club website
TCCC Homepage for details over the coming months
Thanks again Dave McGill ( TCC Show committee)
Thanks for that Dave, It is something that I'd be keen for us to attend. Unfortunately numbers have never been enough for us to commit to it. Maybe because it's so close to the Scottish Italian Car Day?? It has always been the same when I've been trying to drum up interest for my Dad's show for the Mearns Vintage Vehicle Club, perhaps too close to the Hopetoun House event.

If we have the interest though next year, we will be there.

Cheers
Graham Bruce

AO Member

Hi Dave. I don't know if you were the person that invited my son and me to Judge TCCC cars, if you are, for that reason you will remember us.
Just to say thanks’ for a very interesting and memory evoking day and for keeping those old timers alive (the cars not the owners!). We will be attending next year with or without the Alfas' on display (Hopefully by then I will have a classic car, 1600 E I hope depending on the finances!)
Thanks' again!

Just noticed, you drive a Zodiac so you are not the person I spoke to; he had a Rover 100 and a Simitar. Non the less, hope to meet you at a future event.

Last edited by Alphataurus; 13-06-12 at 19:33.
dbm

Member car:

zodiac

can I ask did you judge the cars on our stand ? If so my car was the slightly modified bright yellow zodiac on the club stand
AO Member

Quote:
can I ask did you judge the cars on our stand ? If so my car was the slightly modified bright yellow zodiac on the club stand
Yes, I did. Voted Green Cooper first, Rover 3.5 Coupe second and Rover 100 third. I did like your Zodiac but felt it was just a wee bit too modified for me, I like them as they left the factory but, your Zodiac is still wonderfull none the less...Was that a blower I saw bolted on to an Essex V6 ? I told my son it sould have been a 2.0 V4 but I wasn't realy that sure I just wanted him to think I knew what I was talking about (I've done it now, he will read this)

Last edited by Alphataurus; 14-06-12 at 18:22.
dbm

Member car:

zodiac

Origionaly it would have been a straight 6 but it is now a chevy 5.7L v8 with the supercharger makes it interesting on a wet road
AO Member

Quote:
Origionaly it would have been a straight 6 but it is now a chevy 5.7L v8 with the supercharger makes it interesting on a wet road
I didn't look close enough, obviously! (Didn't you say "slightly modified"?????) Must be a fun machine and looks well too. Next time I see you at a show, which I will, fire it up and let me hear it run if you will (I'll pay for the fuel!) The original straight 6 would have been the 2.553 litre I think and you will know. You will also know that the engine I am thinking of (V4 2 L) was fitted to the later "boxy style" Zephyr and Zodiac. The other lump I mentioned the Essex V6, as far as I know was never fitted to ether cars as standard. However, the Cortina was my mode of transport back in the day (1600 E) so I know a bit more about them.

Last edited by Alphataurus; 18-06-12 at 20:17.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > North Scotland

Tags
car , classic , club , motor , show , tayside

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page