Alfa dealer in Inverness - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
North Scotland All events and potential meets in North Scotland

(Post Link) post #1 of 15 Old 12-07-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Antrim

Member car:

Alfa dealer in Inverness

Anyone dealt with this dealer, or more importantly know the history of the red Brera S they have for sale?

Donald Mackenzie | Home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Western Isles

Member car:

Spider 2.4 jtm

I wouldn't trust their service department to change the station on my radio!

Car might be okay but their sales guys are numpties. Many years ago one of them told me you couldn't get a Fiat Bravo jtd only a Brava (bought a new one elsewhere). A few years later the guy in the Alfa showroom insisted that the Mito dash was real carbonfibre....

A cash buy might be okay but they don't like paying for trade ins. I was offered £2500 for my sportwagon against a new Mito and sold it six months and 7K miles later in a private sale via Pistonheads for £4500.... I could have sold it to six others potential buyers - one was even prepared to fly up from Southampton so I could even have held out for more!

"When you sit in a Focus RS or a Golf R32 itís like sitting in a commercial for Lynx aftershave. When you sit in an 147 GTA itís like sitting in a Venetianís hand-made suitcase." J.Clarkson 2003.

Current fleet: 156 Sportwagon jtd 16V (facelift) 2.4 Spider, Leon Cupra SC, 147 Lusso
Projects: Spider S4, Matra Murena 2.2
(Post Link) post #3 of 15 Old 13-07-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Thanks for that. It would be a cash sale for me as I would not risk taking a car over to find they were going to stiff me on the trade-in, even more likely if they knew I was travelling some distance to do a deal.

The Brera seems to be reasonably priced, but also have a standard 2.2 Brera local to me with only 18k on it, and would consider buying the Brera S wheels to stick on it.
AO Member

County: Highlands

Member car:

Alfa-less

Idea I'll have a look

As it's my local dealer and as it happens I'll be going in to that very dealer today, I'll have a look at that Brera for you and post something back.
I know it has been on their books for a while, I've sort of 'drooled at it' every time I'm in the garage with my 147 (which is a fair bit, to be honest) or my works vehicles which are serviced there.
I cannot argue with the suggestion that some of the sales staff are ....errr...... numpties.
One or two of the 'technicians' too....

H

Ocht
AO Member

Member car:

Brera, Saab 9-3

I've always seen it as a FIAT garage with an Alfa logo tacked on the wall. They don't really seem to give a toss about the Alfa side.
(Post Link) post #6 of 15 Old 14-07-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like I am going to go for a standard V6 Brera so this one is no longer of interest to me
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa-less

I see you're not going for it - I did give the car the once over, but it was in the workshop 'loaning' some of it's engine parts to another Brera 'S' so I wasn't able to take it for a spin.
It's a reasonably tidy motor, few wee bodywork niggles, scuffing on one wheel but nothing serious. Generally appears to have been well cared for.
The more I hang around the Brera the more I want one
Ho hum.
AO Member

Member car:

Brera, Saab 9-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by INS147 View Post
I see you're not going for it - I did give the car the once over, but it was in the workshop 'loaning' some of it's engine parts to another Brera 'S' so I wasn't able to take it for a spin.
It's a reasonably tidy motor, few wee bodywork niggles, scuffing on one wheel but nothing serious. Generally appears to have been well cared for.
Ho hum.

Did you get a look at either of the 159's they've got listed on their website? (even though one is listed as a 156!)
(Post Link) post #9 of 15 Old 17-07-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Quote:
Ho hum.
Thanks for that. Good to know it's in reasonable order just in case I change my mind.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratatouille View Post
Did you get a look at either of the 159's they've got listed on their website? (even though one is listed as a 156!)
I most certainly have looked at them both, quite closely too

Looking???

H
AO Member

Member car:

Brera, Saab 9-3

Quote:
I most certainly have looked at them both, quite closely too

Looking???

H
Just been thinking about what different options I have with cars at the moment. Wouldn't have the cash for a few months anyway, just seem to get quite a lot of car for the money with that age of 159 for the 2.4 diesel, wondered if they are really worth it.

I take it you're interested in them?

Back to the dealer and Alfa, I think it is summed up by the fact their website advertises one 159 2.4 as a 156 and the other 159 2.4 is listed as a 1.9 even though it clearly says 2.4 on the back in the photo.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
AO Member

Member car:

Giulia Sport

Hi all, just seen this thread and thought I'd add my 2p.

I have found said dealer to be nothing short of incompetent. When looking for a Brera, they were uninterested in searching for one for me amongst current stock, citing transport costs to be an issue (they didn't have the red S, this was last December). I bought my Brera whilst visiting family in Yorkshire.

Since then, they have charged me for work I didn't ask for or authorise, never bother to call to tell me when the car is ready, took 2.5 weeks to get some PAS fluid in stock, and damaged the door card whilst looking at the window regulator, and didn't even tell me they had. It was obvious damage and needed a complete replacement. They paid for the replacement, but didn't even fit it properly, meaning the window/mirror switch wasn't seated properly.

I think they believe because they're the only dealer for 120 miles they can get away with anything, and have a poor, lacklustre attitude to sales, service, and technical ability.

Apologies, rant over, but I certainly won't be using them again, they don't deserve my money.

Good luck with your Brera hunt, they're pretty special cars!
(Post Link) post #13 of 15 Old 31-07-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Oh dear, definitely best avoided then. Thanks for the feedback Max.

Brera hunt continues, although still trying to shift the 159.

Would never use again! 156 Veloce take to them under warranty regarding noise from rear wheel, only to be told according to them there was not an issue. Six months after warranty had expired they took it for a test run again. This time ( surprise surprise) they 'identified' a wheel bearing fault mysteriously undetctable six months earlier. I agree with previous comment - a glorified Fiat dealership!
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 643
County: Kent
Jamie Porter ( AlfaWorkshop ) had all the "S" Prodrive bits on his site , can't find them now. If you are still looking give him a call. On his site in the for sale bit is this one (oil burner though):

Alfa Romeo Brera 2006 SV For Sale

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > North Scotland

Tags
alfa , dealer , inverness

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page