Another AROC Scottish Section Track Night at Knockhill - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
North Scotland All events and potential meets in North Scotland

Another AROC Scottish Section Track Night at Knockhill
Calendar: Event Calendar
mymito10
AO Silver Member
 
12-08-11
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Another AROC Scottish Section track night is to be held this year at Knockhill on Friday 12th August.

The time for this event is registration and briefing from 5pm and track time 6pm to 8pm.

The cost is £60 for the main driver and £30 for any additional drivers and £10 for passengers.

You must bring your driving licence and a crash helmet (these can be obtained from Knockhill).

PM Jackie from AROC Scottish Section (bp1000 on Alfaowner) for further details or to book your place. Please also use the rsvp so she can get an indication of numbers attending.

Lesley

Another AROC Scottish Section Track Night at Knockhill
Calendar: Event Calendar
mymito10
AO Silver Member
 
12-08-11
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Another AROC Scottish Section track night is to be held this year at Knockhill on Friday 12th August.

The time for this event is registration and briefing from 5pm and track time 6pm to 8pm.

The cost is £60 for the main driver and £30 for any additional drivers and £10 for passengers.

You must bring your driving licence and a crash helmet (these can be obtained from Knockhill).

PM Jackie from AROC Scottish Section (bp1000 on Alfaowner) for further details or to book your place. Please also use the rsvp so she can get an indication of numbers attending.

Lesley
Reply
 
Thread Tools
bresources
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
iamtheparty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Aberdeenshire
Posts: 211

Member car:

147 GTA

When do I need to confirm if I will be able to make it by?
iamtheparty10 is offline  
dinomito
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
The rsvp here is just so we have arough idea of numbers. It's an AROC event and is organised by them. PM Jackie (bp1000) for more info and to book your place.
Cheers
G
 
Status: Rockin' in Rosie!
AO Member
 
joespaghetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Perth and Kinross
Posts: 14
Hi folks, having never been to one of these events, can someone detail what is involved?
Thanks
joespaghetti is offline  
dinomito
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by joespaghetti View Post
Hi folks, having never been to one of these events, can someone detail what is involved?
Thanks
Hi Alan, basically you turn up at the track at 5 pm for signing in (bring both parts of drivers licence) and the driver briefing.
Then come 6 pm you stick on a helmet (available at the track also) and take your car onto the track for some fun. The AROC guys are all very well behaved and civilised.
No Brera's at the last one, so it would be good to have you along.
Cheers
Graham
 
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
jonnogtv's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Antrim
Posts: 1,243

Member car:

GTV V6

Gutted I'm gonna miss this one. Heading away with work on Monday and won't be back in time.

Lookin forward to seeing the pics of the day!!
jonnogtv is offline  
tjg
Status: QUO
AO Member
 
tjg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Lothian
Posts: 195
Tinkering whether to take my car on?? anybody want to convince me haha

I have a friend who is keen on going round the track too, would he be able to turn up to with me?................although hes got a 911 turbo and not an alfa haha
tjg is offline  
dinomito
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjg View Post
Tinkering whether to take my car on?? anybody want to convince me haha

I have a friend who is keen on going round the track too, would he be able to turn up to with me?................although hes got a 911 turbo and not an alfa haha
There was a rather rapid 911 at the last one amongst other non Alfa stuff. More the merrier I say.
As for taking your car out on track, go on, you know it makes sense
 
tjg
Status: QUO
AO Member
 
tjg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Lothian
Posts: 195
are you taking the gtv on track?

Hhhhmmm im tempted alright...................
tjg is offline  
dinomito
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjg View Post
are you taking the gtv on track?

Hhhhmmm im tempted alright...................
Oh yes! The Beast will be on track!

Seriously though mate, everything from a wee Cinquecento to Maserati's were there the last time. You just go at your own pace, nobody will be waving fists or flashing lights to get past. It's all very friendly and civilised.

I gave a fair few passenger rides the last time also and would be happy to do the same again.
 
Status: -
Newbie
 
FireSporting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Fife
Posts: 7

Member car:

Fiat Cinquecento

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinomito View Post
Oh yes! The Beast will be on track!

Seriously though mate, everything from a wee Cinquecento to Maserati's were there the last time. You just go at your own pace, nobody will be waving fists or flashing lights to get past. It's all very friendly and civilised.

I gave a fair few passenger rides the last time also and would be happy to do the same again.

That was my 1108cc Cinquecento Fire Sporting that was out on the last outing in April......Great Night Out!,that said i doubt I'll make this time round,I'll try my best though,I'll be at Hopetoun House with Fiat Scotland though,

Hope you all have a great night!,

Cheers FireSporting
FireSporting is offline  
dinomito
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Link to one of Aimee's cracking vids from the last one

‪AROC Track Night Knockhill 15/4/11 (3rd Vid)‬‏ - YouTube
 
Status: shush !! what's that rattle ?
AO Member
 
frozen-north's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Aberdeen
Posts: 335

Member car:

Brera 3.2 Q4 SV

Ooh very tempting . Think I'll have to sleep on it though, that and book a new set of brake pads for afterwards.
frozen-north is offline  
Status: GT Owner!
AO Silver Member
 
SpeakForYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Inverclyde
Posts: 1,229

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinomito View Post
Link to one of Aimee's cracking vids from the last one

‪AROC Track Night Knockhill 15/4/11 (3rd Vid)‬‏ - YouTube
Love how someone disliked my vid. Obviously have no taste lol. I can't wait for this. Will need to get some track insurance though since I've never took the QV round. Any ideas where I can get some??

Last edited by SpeakForYou; 02-08-11 at 23:13.
SpeakForYou is offline  
dinomito
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakForYou View Post
Love how someone disliked my vid. Obviously have no taste lol. I can't wait for this. Will need to get some track insurance though since I've never took the QV round. Any ideas where I can get some??
Try here Aimee

UK Track Day Insurance for Car and Motorcycle Trackdays

A bit pricey if you ask me. I've never bothered with insurance, if you stick to your own pace and keep to 5/6 laps at a time then give the car a rest then you'll be fine. You saw at the last one that it was a very civilised affair with no idiotic driving. You'll be fine, even with almost double the power you had last time around!

G
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
iamtheparty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Aberdeenshire
Posts: 211

Member car:

147 GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinomito View Post
Link to one of Aimee's cracking vids from the last one

‪AROC Track Night Knockhill 15/4/11 (3rd Vid)‬‏ - YouTube

Are you permitted to film on track? I know some tracks don't allow it.
If it is permitted I may knock up a mount at work for my camera.
iamtheparty10 is offline  
dinomito
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheparty10 View Post
Are you permitted to film on track? I know some tracks don't allow it.
If it is permitted I may knock up a mount at work for my camera.
As long as it is fixed, then yeah filming is allowed.

Any passengers caught filming from a hand held will be black flagged
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
iamtheparty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Aberdeenshire
Posts: 211

Member car:

147 GTA

Perfect. Thanks for the reply.
iamtheparty10 is offline  
Status: GT Owner!
AO Silver Member
 
SpeakForYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Inverclyde
Posts: 1,229

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinomito View Post
Try here Aimee

UK Track Day Insurance for Car and Motorcycle Trackdays

A bit pricey if you ask me. I've never bothered with insurance, if you stick to your own pace and keep to 5/6 laps at a time then give the car a rest then you'll be fine. You saw at the last one that it was a very civilised affair with no idiotic driving. You'll be fine, even with almost double the power you had last time around!

G
Cheers Graham. Was thinking about that earlier if I should even bother. Would save me some money that I could put away for new tires lol.
SpeakForYou is offline  
Status: Feeling lonely
 
RomeoRaiderZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Lothian
Posts: 3,504
Garage
Won't be coming this time, not even as a spectator, . Working weekend (backshift Friday) and as I've already asked for Sunday for Hopetoun I think the response to a Friday-off request would be returned on the back of a P45, .
RomeoRaiderZ is offline  
Status: -
Newbie
 
FireSporting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Fife
Posts: 7

Member car:

Fiat Cinquecento

Hi Guys and Girls,

Sorry change of plans for me iam afraid... iam not going to make this Track Night with the Cinquecento,hope you all have a good night though,I'll be at Hopetoun House though,

All the best Don
FireSporting is offline  
Status: The Italian Job III
AO Silver Member
 
Andyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: In the house.
Posts: 1,551
Garage

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

Don`t think I can manage this one,waiting for confirmation of time off,so if I see you I see you.have a good one.

p.s. will see you at Hopetoun House.
Andyman is offline  
dinomito
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman View Post
Don`t think I can manage this one,waiting for confirmation of time off,so if I see you I see you.have a good one.

p.s. will see you at Hopetoun House.
Hope you can make it Andy, but failing that we will see you on Sunday
 
Status: GT Owner!
AO Silver Member
 
SpeakForYou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Inverclyde
Posts: 1,229

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf

What will happen if it rain tomorrow will it still be on or get called off??
SpeakForYou is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
alfanano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: I would rather not say
County: -
Posts: 782

Member car:

.

It will happen - you just need to drive carefully!
alfanano is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > North Scotland

Tags
aroc , knockhill , night , scottish , section , track

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AROC Scottish Section Summer Track Night happy man South Scotland 36 11-08-09 19:53
AROC Scottish Section Spring Track Night happy man South Scotland 47 26-04-09 20:14
AROC Scottish Section Summer Track Night happy man North Scotland 0 15-12-08 20:33

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome