147 GTA for sale ?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
North Scotland All events and potential meets in North Scotland

(Post Link) post #1 of 17 Old 28-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: West Lothian

Member car:

GT JTD

147 GTA for sale ??

Hi all not been on here for a while i'm on the hunt for a 147 GTA or a GT v6 this side of the border I know there is a white one around at the moment but not after white as I already have a white Renault 200 .....my TS is getting on a bit now and have always fancied a GTA if anyone knows of any coming avaliable could you please let me know all prices will be considered.

cheers marko147
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Aberdeen
There is a 147 GTA at craignairn cars in kircaldy, I had a look last week tidy enough car but could do with some TLC. No leather interior either price has been dropped but still a bit high for me
(Post Link) post #3 of 17 Old 13-07-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GT JTD

cheers mate was planning on having a look at that one this week ....not keen on it not having leather but will have a wee peek all the same
AO Member

County: Aberdeen
yeah leather is better, i thought all GTA,S had leather, its a tidy enough car but too expensive as it needs work they did drop the price by 1k but still not enough

Last edited by mirrin; 13-07-10 at 21:40.
AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire
I see the Red one is still on Craignairn website, not what you were looking for then?
AO Member

County: Glasgow

Member car:

2004 gt 3.2 v6

My red GT v6 is for sale in classified on this website and piston heads matey
(Post Link) post #7 of 17 Old 15-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GT JTD

cheers guys not looking for one anymore just gone and bought a MY07 Subaru WRX STI thanks all the same
AO Member

Garage
I've just posted about this in the GTA section (before I stumbled upon this thread). This car is still for sale at Craignairn, it must be about a year now!

I was looking for a 2.0l GT but I've always longed for a GTA. Does anyone have any advice on this car? I think I might enquire about it.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 GTA, Boxster

not sure how much they are looking for it now, but when Mirrin and I saw it last year we didn't think it was worth the money - probably the reason it is still for sale - I'm sure there are better specimens out there that you will be able to buy - just keep looking - good luck
dinomito

They've had it for more than a year. That tells a story in itself.

AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymito10 View Post
not sure how much they are looking for it now, but when Mirrin and I saw it last year we didn't think it was worth the money - probably the reason it is still for sale - I'm sure there are better specimens out there that you will be able to buy - just keep looking - good luck
Why did you think it wasn't worth the money? I'm sure when I first spotted it around Christmas time it was £6995.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinomito View Post
They've had it for more than a year. That tells a story in itself.
I know what you mean but I don't want to write it off just because of that. Scotland isn't exactly a hot bed for used Alfas. When I put in my Aberdeen postcode on autotrader I never get a great deal of choice, even when I go for a 100 mile radius! A GTA will uderstandably take a while to shift.

I appreciate that if it was a great car then people are willing to travel so it is suspicious that it is still there. There are always a few for sale south of the border though.

Stand Free
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 GTA, Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeisimportant View Post
Why did you think it wasn't worth the money? I'm sure when I first spotted it around Christmas time it was £6995.

I know what you mean but I don't want to write it off just because of that. Scotland isn't exactly a hot bed for used Alfas. When I put in my Aberdeen postcode on autotrader I never get a great deal of choice, even when I go for a 100 mile radius! A GTA will uderstandably take a while to shift.

I appreciate that if it was a great car then people are willing to travel so it is suspicious that it is still there. There are always a few for sale south of the border though.
They were looking for just under £10k when we first looked at it and they have continued to reduce it since. I still don't think it's worth £6995 going by what we got our 156 GTA for. It really needs some tlc so if you are willing to give it that it may be the car for you. On saying that it doesn't have leather and IMO that's a must for a GTA - I think that might be why it's taken so long to sell. Go take a look at it just to put your mind at rest.

Don't be fooled that Scotland isn't a hotbed for GTAs - I bought our one within days of hearing about it and I know I wasn't the only one after it
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 GTA, Boxster

@hopeisimportant - get yourself along to our Sunday breakfast meet this morning and you'll see a fine specimen of a GTA
AO Member

Garage
Thanks for the replies. I'm not in a rush to get anything so I think I'll sit tight and see what comes up. I'm still considering a GT as well. My parents are in Dunfermline so next time I'm down I think I will try and go see this one but perhaps not with the intention to buy.

I've still never even been in a GTA so I will need to come to a meet at some point to see yours! Hope this mornings was a good one!
dinomito

I'm constantly on the lookout for a GTA as well. I'm well prepared to wait for the right one though.

AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 GTA, Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeisimportant View Post
I've still never even been in a GTA so I will need to come to a meet at some point to see yours! Hope this mornings was a good one!
It was - check out the breakfast run thread for an update and see some pics of the cars that turned up https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/north...ml#post4267397
AO Member

County: Angus

Member car:

gtv v6 & 159 ti

i had a look at the gta at craignairn a while ago, 2 or 3 body panels at the front r slightly different shades of red which immediatley sent alarm bells ringing for me! doesnt suprise me its still there!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > North Scotland

Tags
147 , gta , sale

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page