State of the roads finally taking its toll. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
North Scotland All events and potential meets in North Scotland

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 06-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire
State of the roads finally taking its toll.

The roads in the countryside around aberdeen are now so bad my poor 147 is really suffering.

I drive some of the worst roads on a regular basis: Blackburn to westhill clinterty road, Westhill to peterculter, Kingswells to Cults. I can't believe i haven't seen a single road works vehicle in nearly a year, what the hell is going on? Where is my road tax/council tax going??

Anyway, as a result of all this, despite my best pothole dodging skills my poor 147 has a slight buckle in 1 wheel, nackered drivers lower wishbone. The loudest ARB bushes ever heard on an alfa AND, new for today, both rear backbox rubbers just gave up and snapped.

Getting pretty p****d off now. My car is getting a hefty overhaul at the garage on monday but i hope my new bits last as the roads continue to deteriorate!!!

Alfa GT 3.2 V6 - Quaife diff, Wizard SS manifolds, Scorpion SS downpipes, Scorption GTA catback, Bilstein b4 Dampers, braided brake lines, MTEC drilled disks, Red Stuff pads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: herts
Maybe the want us to use public transport? That would need to be track laying though to cope with some of the craters. I reckon it will be a spray and lay topcoat once a few craters are sorted, so standby Autoglass fitters?
AO Member

County: Aberdeen

Member car:

Nothing

I've pretty much driven my GTV to destruction over this winter, there's more holes than roads so you just can't miss them.
It's actually going to be cheaper to buy another one rather than fix this one, especially now the new problem of clattery backbox has developed.
Think I'll just not bother with a car until the roads are sorted.
Public transport though, it can go and **** itself.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > North Scotland

Tags
finally , roads , state , taking , toll

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page