AONS meet? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
North Scotland All events and potential meets in North Scotland

(Post Link) post #1 of 98 Old 24-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Aberdeen
AONS meet?

Right I know I am one of the new guys on here but hows about we get a meet together?

I seem to be the only one spamming the north scotland pages and it depresses me to be all alone up here haha.

So who out of you all would be interested in a meet and what kind of work patterns are we all on?

Once we know what days/times poeple are free we can work out the best possible day, time and place so that we can get the best turn out possible.

I personally find Sundays (any time) easiest for a meet as I work Mon-Fri days one week and nights the next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SGould

Good suggestion, and you can count me in. I guess you stay in Aberdeen? I live down south a bit (Auchenblae), but work in the centre of town. Weekends are pretty good for me as well, or after work. With the abundance of great driving roads around here, and all those Alfa's in Aberdeen, we must be able to get a few people together? As a start, what about trying to get together in a pub in town one evening to gauge people's interest - then we might be able to plan a bit of a driving trip? Let's see if we get any more interest, then we could fix something up? Open to suggestions as a venue, but perhaps should be somewhere with a car park so we can inspect the machinery!

Cheers, Simon

dinomito

Well up for a meet or run of any kind. I'm not far from you Simon, I stay in Laurencekirk. I'm guessing it was you I spoke to at Hopetoun House.
Going down to the Loch Lomond meet this weekend, if anyone is free then give P17SUT a buzz through the thread in South Scotland section
Should be a good one

SGould

Hi dinomito, Yes I remember seeing you with the Mito at Hopetoun - lovely car. Can't make this weekend, but I'm up for any other trips. I had a great drive over to Fort William last weekend over the Lecht - the V6 is ideal for getting past the caravans..

(Post Link) post #5 of 98 Old 24-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Well thats 2 its a start.

Is a pub really a good idea? even one drink now and you are over the limit? I think anyway.

Im not that bothered where we meet as its easy enough/not too much of a trek for everyone to get there.

Whens best for you then dinomito?
(Post Link) post #6 of 98 Old 24-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGould View Post
Hi dinomito, Yes I remember seeing you with the Mito at Hopetoun - lovely car. Can't make this weekend, but I'm up for any other trips. I had a great drive over to Fort William last weekend over the Lecht - the V6 is ideal for getting past the caravans..
Off topic I know but the last few weekends I have been driving to glen coe to go climbing out in the sticks and the roads..... I am pretty sure some of them were designed with the alfa in mind
dinomito

Well count me in for anything planned for the future. I get every 3rd weekend off and would be up for a pub get together to discuss any ideas.
It's been quiet up here for ages, so it's well overdue us North Scotland AO'ers having some regular meets going.
The Lecht road is a topper Simon, been over it a couple of times in my last 147. Not been over in the MiTo yet!
So let's see if Gregry254's original post can get some others on board too
Cheers
Graham

dinomito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregry254 View Post
Well thats 2 its a start.

Is a pub really a good idea? even one drink now and you are over the limit? I think anyway.

Im not that bothered where we meet as its easy enough/not too much of a trek for everyone to get there.

Whens best for you then dinomito?
Any time in the evenings is good for me for a wee get together to discuss plans for future meets or runs. My next 2 weekends off are already booked up i'm afraid, so it's into November before i have a weekend free. W/E of 7/8th November by my reckoning.
Over to you guys.
Cheers
Graham

AO Silver Member

County: Fife

Member car:

500 twinair

You've got 3 cars and the posts only been up a day mate!

We're still trying to get monthly pub meets happening down here too, weekend runs usually get more interest but a midweek pub meet can be better for others so I still like to get one in now and again.

Its good to meet up with other members now and again, even just to chat about future event ideas......and share car stories!
AO Member

County: Angus

Member car:

gtv v6 & 159 ti

id maybe be up for a meet as long as its not too far north. im kinda stuck in the middle in arbroath!
SGould

Well, the weekend of Nov 7th/8th would be okay for me, and gives some time to rally some more people if they fancy it. Maybe we could do something that starts around mine and Grahams neck of the woods? It would be half way between Arbroath and Aberdeen. As a suggestion, what about starting of over Cairn O Mount, through Banchory, and then inland a bit, depending on where people are? Should be early enough in the winter season that the road is open.......

It would be good to come up with a route where people could join and leave depending on what part of the county they live in? I reckon that would be a good start, as it seems as people are scattered pretty far apart.

Any further suggestions?

Cheers, SImon

dinomito

This sounds like a good route Simon, and i'm sure we could get folk from North and South of us to start of in our area.
BUT i've just been told i'm taking my long suffering girlfriend down to London for that weekend!!
So i will have to miss out this one, either that or make it 3 weeks later.
We should still maybe all have a wee get together some evening to go over any future ideas though.
Cheers
Graham

(Post Link) post #13 of 98 Old 26-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Sounds good so far.

Just gotta get a few more bodies interested and its a plan

Only the day/time to figure out now
AO Member

Member car:

gtv v6 & 159 ti

cairn o mount is good!
SGould

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinomito View Post
This sounds like a good route Simon, and i'm sure we could get folk from North and South of us to start of in our area.
BUT i've just been told i'm taking my long suffering girlfriend down to London for that weekend!!
So i will have to miss out this one, either that or make it 3 weeks later.
We should still maybe all have a wee get together some evening to go over any future ideas though.
Cheers
Graham
That's a shame Graham. As Gregry254 says, lets see how many other people we get interested in the next few weeks - we can always postphone it.

dinomito

Had a great day on Sunday with the South Scotland guys. It gave me a few ideas for routes up our neck of the woods. So how many people have we got interested?
Would be a good idea to get some sort of pub meet organised some evening to discuss any plans or ideas.
Cheers
Graham

AO Member

Can't make that weekend - I'm hoping the BF hasn't forgotten what the 7th is!

Currently waiting on the Brera being fixed so maybe the next one.
AO Member

Member car:

gtv v6 & 159 ti

im up for a meet or drive just about any weekend graham, money depending just now as im moving house. as i said tho as long as its not too much further north than aberdeen. cairn o mount - bancory i think would be good!
(Post Link) post #19 of 98 Old 05-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Any more interest or dates that anyone would like to throw out there? I am still free most weekends and evenings (every second week)

Was at the fiat-scotland mini meet yesterday and it was a good laugh, met some nice poeple and got some nicer pictures
AO Member

Member car:

gtv v6 & 159 ti

how about meeting at edzell then going up cairn o mount - bancory - stoneheaven? i should be free 25th or 1st of nov if we can get a few people interested?
(Post Link) post #21 of 98 Old 06-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Yeah I am fine with that, just gotta get everyone else to tag along and its a plan.
SGould

I can't make the 25th, but could do 1st Nov. Sounds like a good route as well. Count me in.

AO Member

Member car:

Brera 3.2 Q4 SV

Oops, must have missed this thread for a couple of weeks . The Loch Lomond run was just a bit too far out of the way for me but more than happy to join in with anything mid Oct - mid Nov time. Good excuse to avoid the decorating
Tom
dinomito

Well it looks like the numbers are building up for a wee run then, i'll no manage anything until weekend of 28/29th November.
Any suggestions for a pub meet meantime to discuss any ideas for runs/meets in the future?
Would be good to get together and see what everyone wants to do.
Cheers
Graham

(Post Link) post #25 of 98 Old 13-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

1st of nov then?
Seems a fair ammount of people are free and up for it then.
Anyone who cant make it can tag along to the next one? or we can go for a quiet drink during the week somenight to discuss further meets?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > North Scotland

Tags
aons , meet

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page