arnie clark - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
North Scotland All events and potential meets in North Scotland

(Post Link) post #1 of 20 Old 16-05-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

arnie clark

Thought i would put this in this forum as its a scottish forum and a scottish company and somebody here might give me some advice who might have had the same problem.

bought a car from arnold clark on friday..today saturday i noticed a small dent on the front wing..hardly noticeable dent..but on closer inspection there is a gap on the front wing and the front bumper..when i had a good look at it....it looks like a very bad repair.

when i took it back the nice man at arnolds said basically..u drove it out of here and u have been shafted..

does anybody have any advice,and what r my options.
thx

U live and learn...then u die and forget it all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire
Re: arnie clark

Arnold C Aberdeen are crap. Friends daughter used to work at there Citreon place and the stories she told me were amazing.

Where did you buy the car from? Might help with getting an answer on the specific branch.
(Post Link) post #3 of 20 Old 17-05-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

bought the car from the glasgow branch ..south st..received a message on the answer machine tonight saying that i never signed a form..he mentioned the warranty..thats if it is the warranty..dont trust them....he said he was going to check the cameras to see if any of the guys in arnold clark had damaged the car...other than that there is not much more i could do he said....the car is 06 1 owner..

was thinking what if when i get the log book..get the address of the previous...and ask him if he sold the car to arnold clark that was damaged...other than that...i dunno...
AO Member

County: Edinburgh

I'm pretty sure that you get a 14 or 30 day cooling off period where you can just return the car. This is the law and not just a policy some dealers have. You may incur a penalty for any mileage you have run up but the threat of this may be enough to convince them to repair the damage for you.

I bought my first Alfa from AC in Edinburgh. I also bought a warranty from them which was useful but needed to fight for everything. My radiator started to leak and they suggested it wasn't covered as it was a consumable item! I contacted Alfa Romeo UK who sorted this out for me thankfully. I would never go back to them as every time I had a service, a couple of days later something else would break, seemed to much of a conicidence. They also dented my drivers door uring a service although in fairness, they did repair that for me free of charge.

Good luck and don't give up.
(Post Link) post #5 of 20 Old 18-05-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

going down to see arnold today..i will try the cooling off period...lets face it these ppl r just theives...just thieves who rob u with a smile
AO Silver Member

County: East Dunbartonshire
Garage

Don't use them. Please. Especially for your maintenance.

Chick up at CM garage services in East Kilbride I can strongly recommend.

Oh - and good luck too.
AO Gold Member

County: South Lanarkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaBud View Post

when i took it back the nice man at arnolds said basically..u drove it out of here and u have been shafted..
Yep,That sounds like their customer care.

Haven't had a letter off them for some time now.

Guess the penny dropped I am not a valued customer.

As the others have said.
Good luck.

Pomeo
(Post Link) post #8 of 20 Old 18-05-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Surprise...arnold said he would fix it..went down to a garage today..they said that damage was done mths ago...not days ago..poor quality repair..told arnold and i added in..have u got the previous owners number so that i can phone him..as i havent got the log book yet...he went straight into the managers office..they went out and had a look at the car...they came back and said they would fix it....i think they bought a damaged car and tried to sell it as undamaged....they said they will fix it while i am on holiday....so when i come back i can pick it up....will they do a quality repair...just have to wait and see....
thx to all that replied
(Post Link) post #9 of 20 Old 18-05-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

one last note...had to buy locking nuts for the car as there were not supplied...so went to the accessory shop for wheel nuts..got talking to the guy behind the counter...just so happens his daughter bought a car from arnold...was only a yr old...he said the clutch went within a week...took it back...nope the would not fix it...she said i thought i had a months grace...arnold naaaa...goodbye
AO Member

County: North Lanarkshire
Funny story (sorry it doesn't help you much) but it might cheer you up a bit...

I went to Arnold Clark (Wishaw) with a friend of mine to have a look, and there was a small Alfa there, it looked a little rough but we had a poke round anyway. The front towing eye cover was missing (worrying sign).

We poked around a bit more, a salesman came over with all the banter. We had pretty much decided it was a heap, but decided to jar up the salesman anyway, asked a few questions and eventually got the towing eye cover. His answer was priceless.

He said that they sometimes take them off cars and put them on cars that are missing them that have already been sold. He told me they took the one off the Alfa and stuck it on a Megane. 'Oh right' I thought...

We were walking back to the showroom when the salesman decided to add to his story, he pointed over to a Megane and said "it was one like that we put it on..."

We walked directly past it, so I asked the question "Why would you put a circular cover on a car that's got a square hole?"

I looked round at him to find out why he hadn't answered. To say he slung me a deefy is an understatement! He had completely turned his back to me and nearly walked into a pole. What a pie.

Don't like being lied to, luckily we had no intention of buying, but similar stories are all I hear about AC....
(Post Link) post #11 of 20 Old 27-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Well its still not fixed right..taking it back monday to get things done...wont bore u with the details..it would take a full page up...the latest is that they have lost the service book..the rep is a ****..as andrew has already said...u must have to win a bulls++t competition to become a rep with AC...if anybody is thinking about buying a car from AC..make sure u check the car over with a fine tooth comb and get all the correct paperwork before u sign anything.
AO Member

County: Aberdeen

Member car:

Nothing

The real moral is, just don't ever buy a car from Arnold Clark. They do not deserve to be in business any longer, especially in these "dark" financial times.
Do not skimp on customer service, ever.
mr-mac

I am another person that would offer the advice... "never buy a car from Arnold Clark" I just keep hearing over and over again from friends and people at work they bought a car from them, somthing was wrong when they got it and they either had to fight tooth and nail for a repair or they didn't get a repair at all and it cost them good money to sort. Not jsut isolated but over and over.

Not gonna help the original complainant here but at least he won't go back to them... Hope you get it all sorted to your satisfaction (at least it doesn't sound like you had to fight as much as most people)...

John

AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo gtv

Now in regards to ac I have to say I have never had a problem with them, the problems are the money grabbing bstRds that work for some of the dealers and in todays Market you will find this in any garage or dealership in regards to the dent I hate to say this but it's a used ccar and don't need to be perfect I'm afraid they were well within their rights to day no but u were just as right to hand the car back. Arnolds is a good company but have problems the same as anywhere else but because of the size of the company these are made more public I could day the same about hallshaws or western I have daily problems with each of these companys and as for arnolds they are still going after all this time while others are dissapearing left right and centre be warned more will follow lets just see who next

End of rant sorry

Sensation cuore saremmo solo macchine
AO Member

County: Aberdeenshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by M7ACD View Post
Now in regards to ac I have to say I have never had a problem with them, the problems are the money grabbing bstRds that work for some of the dealers and in todays Market you will find this in any garage or dealership in regards to the dent I hate to say this but it's a used ccar and don't need to be perfect I'm afraid they were well within their rights to day no but u were just as right to hand the car back. Arnolds is a good company but have problems the same as anywhere else but because of the size of the company these are made more public I could day the same about hallshaws or western I have daily problems with each of these companys and as for arnolds they are still going after all this time while others are dissapearing left right and centre be warned more will follow lets just see who next

End of rant sorry
But up here AC does not even cover Alfas for parts as I have found. 3 days to order what would be a general stock part any where else. Joke.

They are not interested. Friend bought a high spec Fiat 500 from England as when he went to the local AC dealer they guys were not interested and was told he had to speak with the Abrath guy who sold these models. There hence he walked away.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo gtv

What branch is it you are reffering to like
AO Member

County: Edinburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by M7ACD View Post

End of rant sorry
M7 A(rnold)C(lark)D(ealer)

Is this why you are protecting them? Only kidding of course, no offence meant.

I think the reason AC are still around is down to the fact that they have such a large market share and are therefore able to give larger discounts on cars and as such attract more customers. I wouldn't say I'll never use them again but if I do, it will be with caution and I won't take any extended warranty or service agreements with them.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo gtv

That's quite good I worked there for a while and dad quite high up worked in gorgie for a while too the company has given our family everything we got lol

just my opinion like
AO Member

County: Renfrewshire
Do not buy anything from Arnold Crap, i would not trust them to service a shopping trolley.

Their Directors are not based at their registered office they hide away in an unmarked office near Maryhill, when their staff write to you following a complaint they rarely sign the letter or of they do it looks like a five year old has signed with a crayon, that way you have no idea who has told you to **** off basically, a very good idea from that wee ****e Arnold

County: Aberdeen

Member car:

GT

Arnold C Aberdeen are rubbish, especially one old sales man

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > North Scotland

Tags
arnie , clark

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page