AONS Spring runout - Aberdeenshire - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
North Scotland All events and potential meets in North Scotland

AONS Spring runout - Aberdeenshire
Calendar: Event Calendar
ransoman
AO Silver Member

12-04-08
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Here we go then, first big event north scotland event of the year, the AONS Spring runout.

We will meet at Thainstone Center carpark @ 11:30 am, midday on saturday the 12th of april.

we will then leave at 12:00pm towards huntly where we will stop for a quick refuel (for us, not the cars ) where we will then drive on to dufftown then Mossat before finally driving back towards Aberdeen. Forgive the vagueness of the description as the final route will be confirmed and a map/plan will be drawn up shortly.

estimated finish time for the Runout will be at 3:00pm and we will be finishing at the Shepards Rest in westhill.

Big Thanks to Derek, also known as "Geordie Cabbie" for the route idea. Everything will be finalised shortly but I thought it would be best not to delay the event thread.

Looking foreward to meeting you all.

AONS Spring runout - Aberdeenshire
Calendar: Event Calendar
ransoman
AO Silver Member

12-04-08
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Here we go then, first big event north scotland event of the year, the AONS Spring runout.

We will meet at Thainstone Center carpark @ 11:30 am, midday on saturday the 12th of april.

we will then leave at 12:00pm towards huntly where we will stop for a quick refuel (for us, not the cars ) where we will then drive on to dufftown then Mossat before finally driving back towards Aberdeen. Forgive the vagueness of the description as the final route will be confirmed and a map/plan will be drawn up shortly.

estimated finish time for the Runout will be at 3:00pm and we will be finishing at the Shepards Rest in westhill.

Big Thanks to Derek, also known as "Geordie Cabbie" for the route idea. Everything will be finalised shortly but I thought it would be best not to delay the event thread.

Looking foreward to meeting you all.

bresources
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 12 Old 09-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire
Re: AONS Spring runout - Aberdeenshire

!!Important!!

Given the nature of this meet and for your own safety, if the weather does not clear up by the end of the week i will have to postpone this meet.

Please keep your eye on this thread for changes or updates.

Also, if you are going to be unable to access the internet untill too late, please PM me your Mobile numer so that i can keep you updated.

!!Important!!

update: looking good so far, but i will keep an eye on the weather.

Last edited by ransoman; 09-04-08 at 22:47.
AO Member

Andrew,

I spoke to a delivery driver today who works the huntly area,he reports significant snow still in the area.

Still been snowing in the evenings!

The cabrach is not the rd to be out on giving the high nature of the area,and that where only 2 days away and it's still cold outdoors.

Not a one for giving up easy,but as your previous post stated,safety has to be a consideration.

I will wait to see your response

D
(Post Link) post #4 of 12 Old 10-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Cabbie View Post
Andrew,

I spoke to a delivery driver today who works the huntly area,he reports significant snow still in the area.

Still been snowing in the evenings!

The cabrach is not the rd to be out on giving the high nature of the area,and that where only 2 days away and it's still cold outdoors.

Not a one for giving up easy,but as your previous post stated,safety has to be a consideration.

I will wait to see your response

D

Thanks derek, Can you keep me updated please. I will decide on whether or not to postpone the meet tomorrow.
(Post Link) post #5 of 12 Old 11-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Looking good for tomorrow everyone. let's hope for sunshine.

We will meet in the car park of the Thainstone center.
AO Member

County: Angus

Hi,

Sorry guys i will have to pull out of this one due to a fault with the car(waiting on a fan resistor) i am going to try and get to the Scottish Italian car show in May so may see you there.

Regards,

Bob.
(Post Link) post #7 of 12 Old 11-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Righto Folks, First of all, apologies to those that can't make it, I hope you can make the next one

The meet will go ahead as planned tomorrow unless the storm continues, even then though we will do the runout in stages. When we get to Huntly, depending on the conditions we will either go west towards Dufftown or south straight to mossat, but if either are too dangerous we will turn round and go back.

I am hoping all will go well but i won't allow the runout to go ahead if it is too dangerous.
AO Member

Well said Andrew for those that are still swithering about coming but havn't confirmed.

I would just like to say to all those that are viewers on the forum are more than welcome just to turn up at thainstone mart at 11.30 and take it from there.

C ya 2mora

Derek
(Post Link) post #9 of 12 Old 12-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

There is a small chance i might have to step out of this one, i was struck down with a pretty bad bug last night and i don't feel too bright now, throaght swollen, sore head, vomiting etc.

I am going to dose up on some drugs but if i don't feel better i am going to bow out. i at least hope to see you all off at thainstone at the very least.
(Post Link) post #10 of 12 Old 12-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Well i made it. Big thanks to Malc (Madyak) and Derek (Geordie cabbie) for coming and, more importantly, not leaving me too far behind on the hills. Pics will follow in the image lounge later tonight.
AO Member

Have the photo's been uploaded?

D
(Post Link) post #12 of 12 Old 14-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Cabbie View Post
Have the photo's been uploaded?

D
not yet, dog show took a little more time than planned. Photo's to follow tonight.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > North Scotland

Tags
aberdeenshire , aons , runout , spring

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page