Any 156 owners in the Aberdeen area / NE Scotland - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
North Scotland All events and potential meets in North Scotland

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 13-02-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Any 156 owners in the Aberdeen area / NE Scotland

Hi,

I know you guys are probably going to shoot me down for posting this in the AONS section, but I'm trying to target as many NE Scotland owners as possible.

The gearbox recently failed in my 156 2.0 TS Selespeed. My garage has confirmed that it requires a costly gearbox replacement, so I have decided to sell it. It has a low-mileage (61k) engine in good condition and would make an ideal donor car for anyone needing an engine replacement / transplant.

The car is located in Aberdeen so please let me know if anyone is interested in the car for spares or repairs.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire
Re: Any 156 owners in the Aberdeen area / NE Scotland

That's a bit of a bugger, sorry to hear it.

Out of interest, what happened to the gearbox? (symptoms?) I have never heard of a total failure before, normally it is just an actuator.

Please don't let this sour you to the brand, Alfa's are good cars and properly maintained will last a long time. Stick to the regular gearboxes in future and you can't go wrong.

Regarding this thread. Let me know if you sell it and i will delete this thread, i will close it after 2 weeks anyway as this is not the right place to list. I am leaving it in place to help you out.

Alfa GT 3.2 V6 - Quaife diff, Wizard SS manifolds, Scorpion SS downpipes, Scorption GTA catback, Bilstein b4 Dampers, braided brake lines, MTEC drilled disks, Red Stuff pads.
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 13-02-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

I was changing up from second to third and there was a loud crunching / scraping noise from the gearbox and it wouldn't engage(similar to crunching the gears in a manual) plus the Selespeed warning light and buzzer were going crazy. After pulling over to check the car I could then only select first and reverse so I had to get towed home from Dundee.

My garage has confirmed its the gearbox by removing it and trying to manually select the gears. Apparently second and third are totally shot.

It is a bit of a bugger as it was my first Alfa and I had only owned the car for 4 weeks. The previous owner had kept it well serviced and had just spent £1100 on repairs right before I bought it. It's a real shame as it was an amazing car to drive, but faced with £1004+vat for a recon sele gearbox plus labour I have no option but to sell it and try to recoup as much of my costs as possible.

Thanks for keeping the post open and I'll be sure to let you know as soon as it's sold.
AO Member

Richy,

I sent you a msg thru the bay,so either way your bound to get the drift that i am interested

After reading the above,your in for big money to get this back on the rd,i would be looking to break it

Derek 07739 383000
AO Member

Sold as per verbal agreement
(Post Link) post #6 of 7 Old 19-02-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Ransoman... I've now sold my Alfa so feel free to remove this post. Thanks for keeping it up.

Derek - Thanks for the sale. Good luck breaking it !
AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Glad to see you got everythin sorted

Thread locked.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Scotland > North Scotland

Tags
156 , aberdeen , area , owners , scotland

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page