Introduce Yourself To AONE - Page 41 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
North East All events and potential meets in North East

8Likes

AO Member

County: -

Member car:

GTV 2.0 Lusso

Hi lads and ladies, been a long time since I've been on the forums.
Sorry for my absence but I felt it was getting too much for me with helping other members with servicing and repairs... Then also juggling my family needs and a full time job. Something had to give in the end!

So.... What has happened with me???
Well first off I left the DOT/DVSA and I'm now more settled as a transport manager in a local Logistics company. A lot, lot happier!

My kids have all but one, flown the nest so it's virtually just myself and Penny now. We have more time for each other and enjoying our holidays and hobbies together.

I was diagnosed with cancer of the bladder last year but don't worry, its all but a distant memory now with treatment that went so well, Im now fully in remission and virtually have a normal T count.

Finally .... I got a new Alfa as a recent surprise birthday/ cancer beating present from Penny and my kids!
They really did their homework, listened to and deciphered my ramblings on about my favourite cars, colour combinations etc.
Matt, my son even went as far in the deception as to convince me he wanted a GTV and asked me exactly what to look out for, best options and the like.

Imagine how I felt when he picked her up from Redditch, drove her back, climbed out and handed me the keys, saying there you go Dad, happy birthday!

I love my family and recent events have just reinforced that love so much.

Anyway, enough mush, I can't wait to show you the new Alfy so just wanted to confirm when the next Aone meeting is going to be?
Is it still at the Dunelm Ridge?

Thanks and look forward to seeing you all
Take care
Graham.
edraven71 and MichaelGTA like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Tyne and Wear
Welcome back to the fold. As they say!
AO Member

Hi guys, would like to introduce myself I'm Michael based in Newcastle.

Currently have a 159 daily and a 1966 Duetto project which I am restoring to its forma glory.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
AO Member

Hi Michael, and welcome.
AO Member

Hi, I'm John and I own a Giulia Veloce. It's my second Giulia having previously owned a highly speced Super which I traded last month after 22 months and 18,500 miles of truly great driving. I've never been to a meeting, does the North-East group get together on a regular basis?
AO Member

County: Durham
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngeordie View Post
Hi, I'm John and I own a Giulia Veloce. It's my second Giulia having previously owned a highly speced Super which I traded last month after 22 months and 18,500 miles of truly great driving. I've never been to a meeting, does the North-East group get together on a regular basis?
It's amalgamated with the Alfabook meet - first Thursday of every month (this Thursday coming) at the Wearside Farm pub near Washington, SR5 3NZ. 7:30pm. Feel free to pop along - be good to see you there.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It's amalgamated with the Alfabook meet - first Thursday of every month (this Thursday coming) at the Wearside Farm pub near Washington, SR5 3NZ. 7:30pm. Feel free to pop along - be good to see you there.
I have a commitment this coming Thursday but will keep a note for next month (March). Thanks for the info.
[email protected] likes this.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngeordie View Post
I have a commitment this coming Thursday but will keep a note for next month (March). Thanks for the info.
Will the meet be on this Thursday (6th) at the Wearside?

Regards

Bob
AO Member

County: Durham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camboysdadbob View Post
Will the meet be on this Thursday (6th) at the Wearside?

Regards

Bob
Yes, this Thursday. Be good to see you there.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > North East

Tags
aone , introduce , newbie , teesside

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page