General chit chat (II) - Page 83 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Lincolnshire All events and potential meets in the Lincolnshire region

16Likes

AO Silver Member

County: Lincolnshire
Garage
A Happy Easter to all Lincolnshire members.

Will the promise of a warm weekend mean the cars will get an extra special clean and polish or will it just be joining the hordes heading for the coast or countryside?

In my case neither. The G was washed on Wednesday so is only dusty and polishing will have to wait for more enthusiasm to develop and joining Bank Holiday traffic does not appeal one iota.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGr View Post
A Happy Easter to all Lincolnshire members.

Will the promise of a warm weekend mean the cars will get an extra special clean and polish or will it just be joining the hordes heading for the coast or countryside?

In my case neither. The G was washed on Wednesday so is only dusty and polishing will have to wait for more enthusiasm to develop and joining Bank Holiday traffic does not appeal one iota.

Like you Tony, not moving anywhere.

If it's warm I'll make a start on the garden - if I can remember where I left my enthusiasm......
AO Silver Member

Garage
Have you tried looking in the garage, specifically in your toolbox? You left it there when the last job took longer than expected and you gave up in disgust.

Otherwise try asking BT did the engineer take it away when he came to fix your broadband.
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Good suggestions Tony !!!

Finally got my Caller ID fixed on Thursday when a senior, and proper, OpenReach Techie came on the job. Came to the house and had a strange looking 'phone with him on which he could listen to the FSK burst from the exchange which triggers the ID in the 'Phone. Took him just a few minutes to diagnose an intermittently faulty relay in the Exchange which he went away to fix. Less than an hour later all was well.

He was an older guy who knew his stuff, unlike the previous two who just worked from a list and ticked the appropriate " passed this test " boxes and went away scratching there heads. Thank heavens there are a few of us still left who can actually do things the proper way.
TonyGr likes this.

Have you seen the Lincolnshire Lounge ? Don't stay off the radar, come on in and have a look !

Next Event - TBA

Look Here ! - TBA

email: [email protected]

Old radar men never die - their echoes just fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law.
AO Silver Member

Garage
I am glad you are sorted. Heaven help the country when properly trained technicians are no longer readily available

Tick boxes were the bain of my life when I did QA auditing. Most common culprit was the pre-pour check list for concreting. It was supposed to be used as an aide memoire for all the necessary checks and as such you would expect it to show, at the least, grubby fingerprints and rust marks from where the checker had held on to the reinforcement while trying to see in the bottom of the shutter and when the daily diary indicated it had been raining on the day of the check the paper should be water damaged. No way; the vast majority were pristine. I could not fault the QA records as everything required was present but the site staff knew that I knew they had filled the paperwork in when notified of the QA inspection. I am sure the checks were done but they were not recorded at the time. However all my boss was interested in was getting a good QA inspection that followed the procedures rather than a quality product of a structure. I despaired at times but at the end of the day the clients that required us to be QA registered still put their own inspection team on site so the registration was just a way of producing a short tender list rather than requiringletting us, the contractor, [to] assure the quality

Procrastination is the thief of time
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Had the same sort of things in the RAF. Looking at some scheduled servicing sheets which should have been dog eared and grubby in pristine condition......
TonyGr likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > Lincolnshire

Tags
chat , chit , general

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page