WTCC Brands Hatch - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Motor Sport F1, Rally, Tourers, whatever...

(Post Link) post #1 of 14 Old 09-09-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 1.9JTDM

WTCC Brands Hatch

Hi there

I got my tickets for the WTCC on the 23rd September on Friday I just wondered if anyone had any tips on going to Brands Hatch, parking, arrival time, eating, footwear etc The warm up is at 10am, so what time would people advise getting there?

I have been to loads of other tracks in the UK, but never Brands, so any advice is welcome.

Cheers

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

HSTDriver

Re: WTCC Brands Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
Hi there

I got my tickets for the WTCC on the 23rd September on Friday I just wondered if anyone had any tips on going to Brands Hatch, parking, arrival time, eating, footwear etc The warm up is at 10am, so what time would people advise getting there?

I have been to loads of other tracks in the UK, but never Brands, so any advice is welcome.

Cheers

Dave
Best place to view at Brands (IMO) is either on the South Bank which gives a great view of about half the indy circuit, at the bottom of paddock Hill where lots of people lose it as they come down the hill, or at druids which is probably the easiest overtaking opportunity.

And i normally get to the circuit around 8ish, maybe half 8. That way you can get a bit of brekkie at Hailwoods and you can grab yourself a good vantage point.

And check out the bookshop at some point, there are some real gems in there

(Post Link) post #3 of 14 Old 11-09-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 1.9JTDM

Thanks for that - appreciate it. I have got grandstand tickets on the first corner so I'm hoping for some action
alfa_147_jtd_16v

Yep, Paddock is where all the action is! so you have got the best seats in the house! South bank is excellent for parking and viewing too, but I think parking on south bank is not allowed at the big events like these?? If you intend to walk around the circuit make sure you have some relative rugged footware...its quite steep with some rough ground.

Its well worth taking a walk out around the circuit and getting away from the crowds on the GP section where there are no tannoys (and boy there are loads on the Indy section....3 on each post every 10ft all the way around!!!). Also its just superb viewing around the woods.

As for time, make sure you leave at least 2 hours to get in as Brands is pretty poor when it comes to big events. Watch out when you leave too as last time I went to the BTCC there, the old rozzers sent me out all the way to Redhill and back.

There are loads of burger vans there and also the Kentagon restaurent and there is another at the bottom of Paddock Hill but as ever prices are pretty steep! Best bringing your own stuff IMO.

I would have been going but I am coming back from the lakes that day. There is a GTA convoy going there if you want to join it?

Above all have fun!

(Post Link) post #5 of 14 Old 11-09-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 1.9JTDM

That's great thanks!!!
AO Member

County: Essex

just to say I rang Cloverleaf and got through within a minute. Spoke to a chap and he has assured me that two tickets are in the post! My Dad has two tickets already so its a family day out. I went as a guest of Alfa 2 years ago to Silverstone and it was a fantastic day, met Farfus, Tarquini, Giovanardi and Thompson. Long live the RED WEDGE. Should be a good race at Brands as long as those bloody BMWs get knocked about.

I will be there! working away taking loads of photos from the egde of the track!
AO Gold Member

County: Hampshire

Rang up the Cloverleaf Club on Saturday and got a couple of tickets

Apparently they still had about 20% of their allocation left at that stage......

Anyone else going?
AO Member

tickets arrived today. well actually credit card size passes. does anyone know if we get a free program on the day? used to get them with previous passes. and also got a parking permit aswell, even better. enjoy the day

Well what sort of tickets have you got!

I will get one free haha
AO Member

the tickets were free, paddock passes and parking permit.

Sounds like specail vip ones!

So you might get one! you may also get in the same car park as myself ;-)
AO Member

I have three passes, all delivered last week with a letter. not bad considering it costs nearly £30 on the day for a ticket. ye of little faith.

god is that what they cost! glad I get in to all the races for free!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > International Motor Sport

Tags
brands , hatch , wtcc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page