Williams - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Motor Sport F1, Rally, Tourers, whatever...

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 16-06-07 Thread Starter

Williams

How long until this once great team will be back to the top of the sport? They used to be a good team and I am sure that they will still have the core that helped them there (great british-ness) but its taking them forever, I just hope they dont follow the route that Jordan took.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

Re: Williams

...or the route that Lotus took

I guess part of the problem is that one of the advantages they had (a wind tunnel) is now something that all teams have, and without a sponsor like Mercedes perhaps they lack the resources to get back to the top - remember when they dominated with the Honda and Renault engines they were a 'works' team, not a paying customer.

Perhaps if Toyota pull out of the sport (something they surely must be considering), but continue to back Williams we might see them at the sharp end of the grid. It has though been a decade since they last won a championship

In every step, I hear your sobbing
Dare I break the shade with one caress
Dare I trespass to lift the veil
To touch the lips so soft and frail

It may be that love comes once and once only, preceded by rehersal, followed by regret.

Know well that however right a man may be they always find the fallen one guilty.

All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
AlfaLincs

I used to be a Venus fan, now I go for Serena a bit more.

Oh......THAT Williams.

Bernie wants the big boys, not the small fry..bigger pockets to pay for his empire. Once you lose manufacturer backing, you're a small fry.

Bit isn't it great seeing them back near the front...Go boys go, if there is one team i'd be happy to see ahead of Alonso & Hammo its those Williams boys. Japanese teams have too much devolved decision making for the world of F1. Toyota and Honda have never quite got to grips with 'small management' that seems to work best in F1. IMHO

AlfaLincs

mikebrown

im sure the results will start to come, although i cant really see them winning either the drivers or constructors title again until they get a works deal...the big turning point i think will come when frank and patrick decide to retire....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > International Motor Sport

Tags
williams

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page