Poor old Alonso - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Motor Sport F1, Rally, Tourers, whatever...

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 13-06-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 GTA

Poor old Alonso

is this a case of can't get his own way?

He must be feeling the pressure to start having a pop this early in the season. Feels hard done by obviously in that he appears to have a rookie team mate that is turning in better performances than him.

Is this a case of jealousy or do you think he has a proper grievence in that the team are giving Hamilton all the attention? Or is it a case that as the reigning champion he wishes he was the no1 driver and hamilton should play second fiddle to him?

In my opinion he is a good driver (you don't win 2 on the trot like he did for doing nothing) but he appears to be just as arrogant as apparently schumacher was and would appear to be quite rude to his team mate and other drivers around him at the race end. When you see him waiting to go up to the podium he blanks Hamilton and the likes of Massa, where as Hamilton appears to have a good chat and a laugh with his rivals. Good on Hamilton I say to ruffle feathers in this manner, perhaps this is the return of the long forgotten gentleman racer (ala' graham hill and crew?).

Perhaps Alonso should stop making ridiculous mistakes or go overboard in his driving and dial back to his smooth consistant style he had over the past two years.

147 GTA
The ONLY way to fly

Gone but not forgotten .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Re: Poor old Alonso

I think I'd want to see actual quotes from Alonso, rather than this report which tells us what he said.
Looking at Ron Dennis' quote in that article, I would bet that Alonsos real comments were nowhere near as negative as they've been portrayed.
(Post Link) post #3 of 9 Old 13-06-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 GTA

well thats the trouble with the press, you'll never know the exact words unless you were there at the time.

I think he's on a downer and has had words, which have in turn been blown out of proportion.
AO Platinum Member

County: Cheshire

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=39604

there we go Bazza - you might be right or it might be Ronspeak
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

Ronspeak
AlfaLincs

Ronspeak..does exactly what it says on the press release

Observe Iberian mentality. If their heads go down..they can stay down. I think he's been seriously upset by Hamilton's speed. You used to see it in Sevvy Ballesteros and Carlos Sainz from time to time, and it took a bit to get them refocussed.

Alonso is necessarily quite political, and he is the new boy at Mclaren, so in a way its understandable, but basically i think he is talking borlocks and hasn't helped his own cause much. MClaren is a loyal team..look how long they hung on to Coulthard, but they want to see that loyalty reciprocated, which is not unreasonable. At the first glitch Alonso goes wailing to Mama. It will have been noted.

AlfaLincs

AO Silver Member

County: -

What I hadn't realised until this week is that both Massa and Hamilton are established in their teams with Alonso and Raikkonen effectively the team "rookies".

In that way while Hamilton and Massa gain race experience, Alonso and Raikkonen are gaining team experience.

I wonder which is more important? It took Rubens Barrichello a whole season before he was able to get on an equal footing with Jenson Button at Honda.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 59
Garage

i thought yesterday's race was terrific - some actual, real racing took place!
AO Platinum Member

I agree

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > International Motor Sport

Tags
alonso , poor

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page