Hamilton Criticism - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Motor Sport F1, Rally, Tourers, whatever...

(Post Link) post #1 of 68 Old 06-06-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 GTA

Hamilton Criticism

by Villenueve

He's being critical of the way Hamilton is too aggressive at the starts of the race? Criticised for being too like Schumacher FFS??

Sorry but the sport needs drivers like this with a bit of passion, and some good old fashioned race sense. What is he to do, let the experienced drivers through or drive all namby?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: South Africa
Garage

Member car:

Mito QV

Re: Hamilton Criticism

Mr Villenueve (one hit wonder) always have something to say about other drivers.
If H is driving like MS then good for him, maybe he will get more than one World title behind his name.
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

What He Said !!

Villenueve is the Max Biaggi of the car racing world !!
AO Member

Member car:

156 JTS Veloce

Villenueve only won because he was in the best car at the time. Skill-wise he was never as good as Hill or Schumy or Hakkenin. Sour grapes if you ask me. Other drivers say you need that extra bit of aggression to win.
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Hmm but give him his dues he did fairly well in IndyCar !!
AO Gold Member

The opnly thing you can criticise about Hamilton is all the BS publicity that surrounds him and him not allowed to be interviewed pre race or unchaperoned.
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Surely if he was too aggressive, then he wouldn't have finished all his races?
AO Silver Member

County: Edinburgh

He definitely swerved a couple of times at the start of the Bahrain GP - Martin Brundle picked up on it in the commentary, and it was mentioned on here in the main F1 2007 thread.

Chrispy seemed to think that it was borderline acceptable, but he got away with it because he's the golden boy at the moment.

But given the outcry when Hamilton wasn't really cheated out of a win at Monaco, I wouldn't fancy being the steward who black-flagged him!
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 3.2 V6

JV has been a windger forever. Always someone/thing elses fault. Always thought he should just shut up and drive!
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

Jacques' a sore loser
wrinx

I recall Jacques being called dangerous a few years ago....and revelling in the reputation!

wrinx

AO Platinum Member

County: Cheshire

JV likes to be 'controversial'

and be in the headlines
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa 33 1.7 QV

JV was explosive from the word go. You always expect indy drivers to struggle in their first year in f1 but he was right on the pace. He was aggressive and survived MSs shenanigans + one world title. But that is just a distant memory now and he is/hasbeen bitter about the rest of his career and it's not a secret. I hope that he makes peace with it and i also hope that button doesn't suffer the same faith at that burial ground named Honda.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 3.2 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterWolf View Post
i also hope that button doesn't suffer the same faith at that burial ground named Honda.
Sad if he does as he is good. Shame he never got a chance in a really good car.
AO Platinum Member

Now Hamilton has won 2 races and has 2 poles to his name I wonder if JV is ready to eat his words
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire

In any sport it's true to say that he or she who wants to win the most will win, it's that will to win that drives them to excel above all others.
alfafamily

Does anyone know who the guy was that M.Brundle interviewed before the race, he was some hip hop record maker claiming to be a publicist for Hamilton. Came across with all the wrong vibes to me. I'm told that in USA they are making a big deal about LH being black, good and bad according to who you are listening to

AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot

He was with Farrel, part of the Justin Timberlake clan. Does some class videos such as "work it" in the Playboy mansion and Lapdance

Probably not a good influence on young Lewis but I guess dad will keep him grounded!
Regional Representative
For South Africa - AO-SA

County: Gauteng

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo_jojo View Post
Villenueve only won because he was in the best car at the time. Skill-wise he was never as good as Hill or Schumy or Hakkenin. Sour grapes if you ask me. Other drivers say you need that extra bit of aggression to win.
Sorry if I offend, but Hill ? JV is hands down a MUCH better driver than what Hill ever was. Hill also walked into a team with a winning car.... that's whay he won. A trained monkey could have done that job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterWolf View Post
JV was explosive from the word go. You always expect indy drivers to struggle in their first year in f1 but he was right on the pace. He was aggressive and survived MSs shenanigans + one world title. But that is just a distant memory now and he is/hasbeen bitter about the rest of his career and it's not a secret. I hope that he makes peace with it and i also hope that button doesn't suffer the same faith at that burial ground named Honda.
I agree... JV was the only ex-Indy racer that could perform.... OK Montoya too, but he was dangerous to himself and everyone else.... Zanardi may have been good as well if he had a good car...

I'm not a JV fan as such, but he's getting a bad wrap, an I think it is bacause he did not shut up (like Montoya) about the F1 Circus

Rant over

Hamilton black !!

I hope someone has told him....

Chris
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

JV was never premier league but he wasn't terrible. As for his comments; it's a good job he didn't commentate on his late, great dad's driving. Now HE really could pedal a car. Genius.

Personally, I couldn't see anything excessive in LH's track positioning or style. He shut the door robustly and refused to be intimidated into yielding ground or going off into the weeds. Good stuff as far as I'm concerned. I even watched qualifying for the first time in years last weekend.
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Metz View Post
Sorry if I offend, but Hill ? JV is hands down a MUCH better driver than what Hill ever was. Hill also walked into a team with a winning car.... that's whay he won. A trained monkey could have done that job.
STRONGLY disagree with that. Hill is massively under-rated. Why was it a winning car? Hill was the test driver for Williams for a couple of years before, and had a lot to do with the setup and development of that car. He gets criticism about his racing ability, bullying people he was lapping and such, and perhaps rightly so. But in terms of pure out-and-out speed, getting the best possible out of the package, he was fantastic.
There have been very few drivers ever who could have done what Hill did in that Arrows. He took one of the worst and under-developed cars in the field, and came a lap or two away from winning a GP.

He was far better than Villeneuve, was never given the support, or any kind of belief from Williams that they thought of him as a top driver, and still performed. Stood up to Senna and Prost when they raced together, and IIRC had out-scored Senna when that tragedy happened, despite some incredibly bad luck. Villeneuve came along and the team were totally behind him rather than Hill, but Hill still out-fought him.

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.
AO Rules - AO Gallery - AO Classified adverts - AO Club - AO Traders

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

"You know, sometimes the world seems like a pretty mean place."
"That's why animals are so soft and huggy."
- Calvin and Hobbes

To err is human, to moderate ursine.
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

I agree with Bazza. Hill was/is very under-rated primarily for not being all that spectacular and in comparison to MS.

He was a much better than average driver and you don't become champ, nor come so close too when pipped no matter how good is the car if you can't deploy it properly. Maybe he was not as naturally gifted as some but he worked hard to be technically excellent.
alfafamily

Totally agree with Bazza. Hill learned his trade the long and difficult way and won a world championship when in his thirties. How many latest greatest drivers have come and gone since without any success at all. Some of them turn so called winning teams into losing teams,look no further than Kimi R for an example.

Regional Representative
For South Africa - AO-SA

County: Gauteng

[B][I]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
STRONGLY disagree with that. Hill is massively under-rated. Why was it a winning car? Hill was the test driver for Williams for a couple of years before, and had a lot to do with the setup and development of that car. He gets criticism about his racing ability, bullying people he was lapping and such, and perhaps rightly so. But in terms of pure out-and-out speed, getting the best possible out of the package, he was fantastic.

Again, sorry if I offend, but is this not what makes a great driver, like MS, Senna , Prost , Lauda, etc.? Being fast is one thing, being fast in a race with all the obstacles/ difficulties that comes with it is another.... MS took a languishing Ferrari team back to the top.... he did the same with Benneton.

I'm not saying that JV was great... far from it, I just think that Hill was lucky to be in the top team of the day when he won the World Championship... Then again , I was not aware that he was the test driver, so I may be spurting drivel

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > International Motor Sport

Tags
criticism , hamilton

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page