F1 Fans asked to stay away!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Motor Sport F1, Rally, Tourers, whatever...

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 06-07-12 Thread Starter
Temp Un-Registered

County: Essex

Member car:

GTA & Scooby

F1 Fans asked to stay away!!

Now I know there is a F1 thread running but though I would put this up for anyone else who has tickets for tomorrow (07/07/2012)

BBC Sport - British GP: 20,000 fans asked to avoid Silverstone

We went today for the practise sessions and can honestly say that even though it was soaking wet I still enjoyed myself but as the day went on paths became flooded around the circuit and it generally turned into a mudpit

We have also been asked to not attend tomorrow because of the weather, mud and because the campsites have been abandoned and have set up on the hard standing car parks meaning no room for anyone else with public parking. So we're now stuck with a whole day free with nothing to do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mattgusto

We were planning on camping on Friday-Monday but got stuck outside the circuit on the A43 for 4 hours in grid locked traffic!! The traffic updates via silverstone radio were not great, and they finally announced that they were closing the campsite to all those who hadn't yet got in, just as we got close to the junction for the circuit

Not so bad for us as we live near by, but some people came from France, holland, Belgium, Germany etc....imagine taking the drive there to be told to go away at the last moment!!!

No real alternative offered as a camping place, eventually another site was being suggested but was 200 to stay, cash money only!!

So we got nothing out of our 60 each camping ticket, missed the whole of Friday practice and had to get to the circuit for 6am on both days to be sure of parking.

Circuit mud wasn't too bad, just around the campsites the water logged pitches reduced camping space and stopped cars coming in and out.

Still enjoyed the race, but much less enjoyable then the previous 2 years we went and did the whole camping thing. A totally different experience to the Barcelona Gran Prix I was went to this year

(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 09-07-12 Thread Starter
Temp Un-Registered

Member car:

GTA & Scooby

Sucks you didn't get in on the Friday bud. We came from Milton Keynes as we we're staying there and went down the back roads and over the A43, saw the traffic and only took us 30mins to get in

We ended up not going on the Saturday from the advice and left at 6am on Sunday and was parked up by 7am which was a nice surprise and on the hard standing so didn't get muddy at all for parking

Also enjoyed the race and will be going next year without fail
Mattgusto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBusso View Post
Sucks you didn't get in on the Friday bud. We came from Milton Keynes as we we're staying there and went down the back roads and over the A43, saw the traffic and only took us 30mins to get in

We ended up not going on the Saturday from the advice and left at 6am on Sunday and was parked up by 7am which was a nice surprise and on the hard standing so didn't get muddy at all for parking

Also enjoyed the race and will be going next year without fail
Same for Sunday! We come from Kettering and were parked by 7, thought getting out would be tricky with the blocked in parking but it was surprisingly easy!

I'll be making it 4 years running next year also!! (also done Monaco and Spain, so hopefully will be at the Ring' for the European gran prix as well)

(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 09-07-12 Thread Starter
Temp Un-Registered

Member car:

GTA & Scooby

What car we're you in btw as I saw a red GT Cloverleaf, I was the one in the mx5 with the roof down to prove a point
Mattgusto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBusso View Post
What car we're you in btw as I saw a red GT Cloverleaf, I was the one in the mx5 with the roof down to prove a point
I was in a red GT cloverleaf, I was on the left lane all the way in watching the other two lanes pass me and then try to cut in just before the left turn to the car park. i wasn't looking out for MX5's (we have a H reg mk 1 - good car!) but did see a few Alfa's/ ferraris/ Maserati's

It was abit painful to watch cars driving by with the roofs down on the Friday on the way home - ironic that we were turned away due to the weather, but by the time the message finally came through it was bright and sunny was too tired on Sunday morning to notice if anyone had to roof down

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > International Motor Sport

Tags
asked , fans , stay

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page