BTCC season opener at Brands.... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Motor Sport F1, Rally, Tourers, whatever...

Mymatemarmite

BTCC season opener at Brands....

.........who's going?

It'll be my first foray into the world of live BTCC action, and my first visit to Brands Hatch too.

The weather is looking reasonable.............can't wait ........the 4.30am departure is a bit of a pain though

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Office Chair.

May go to Oulton Park when it's on. Maybe..
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta 150MA

I'll be there. Just a tip on where to watch from: anywhere. There isn't a bad place at Brands.
Mymatemarmite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterzo View Post
I'll be there. Just a tip on where to watch from: anywhere. There isn't a bad place at Brands.
Cheers for that

I held off from buying grandstsand tickets as we didn't want to be stuck in one place all day...no good for getting a variety of pictures.

The weather is looking good.......maybe not as sunny as it has been for the last few days, but it wont be raining either

AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta 150MA

Agree totally about moving around. Even when the stands are free, I rarely go in them at Brands, for the simple reason you get a grandstand view from trackside.

The other thing I always do is pay the extra fiver to take the car into the circuit (follow signs to "South Bank"). It's more convenient, you've got somewhere to retreat to at lunchtime and in monsoons, but also getting out takes less time, with little or no queueing.

Let's keep fingers crossed about the size of entry in the various races. Economic horrors threaten to have a real impact this year. The Formula Renault championship has already been cancelled as they had only six entries.
Mymatemarmite

Well folks, the weather is pretty much certain to be sunny for most of the day, althought it will be a little chilly.............but with the sun on your back, a beer in your hand, and cars racing past, who can moan??

I'm really looking forward to getting some great shots at my first visit to Brands, I know Baby (Baby278278) always enthuses about the photo opportunities at the circuit

The plan for the day is an early rise, about 3.30, pick my mate up at 4.30, then brekkie, full English of course (with EXTRA black pudding) at around 7 ish, with a pub dinner on the way home.....pretty much perfect

AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Essex
Oh maaaan..... dont listen to me anymore ( ) ...... They've changed it slightly in the last few months. The inside of the run up to Druids now has high saftey fencing (which is where I normally get all my pictures from) but you should be able to get plenty of pictures as they turn in to druids to the trun down to Graham Hill Bend.

Hope you have a great time and I expect to see loads of pictures (I'll be watching it on the tele)
Mymatemarmite

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby278278 View Post
Oh maaaan..... dont listen to me anymore ( ) ...... They've changed it slightly in the last few months. The inside of the run up to Druids now has high saftey fencing (which is where I normally get all my pictures from) but you should be able to get plenty of pictures as they turn in to druids to the trun down to Graham Hill Bend.

Hope you have a great time and I expect to see loads of pictures (I'll be watching it on the tele)
Thanks for the advice
My pics wont be up to your standard, but I'll do my best

AO Gold Member

County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

Mk 2 Focus RS

Have a good time ill try & watch it on tv too
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta 150MA

Well, that was a good meeting, with excellent racing all through the day. Maybe a few too many safety cars, but you do get that at BTCC meetings. I want to race in Ginetta Juniors! OK, I'm too old, but so what - I'm too old for everything else too.

The crowd was the biggest I've seen at a Brands car meeting for years, which is a good sign. We need them to be profitable in these troubled times.

Anyone who hasn't been to a real race meeting should stop worrying about little pictures and squeaky sounds on Sky and BBC, and get themselves to a proper circuit, like Brands, Oulton Park or Thruxton. Immediately.
AO Silver Member

County: Hampshire

Member car:

A pushbike

It made cracking tv...
Mymatemarmite

A great days racing

Cloudless skies too!

It's a long drive from here.....4 and a half hours with a stop there, 5 back due to traffic. Just got in....been up for over 20 hours and I drove there and back, but it was worth it.

Pictures to follow tomorrow.

spx
AO Member

County: North Lanarkshire
I'm gutted I missed this thought it was in 2 Weeks.
Mymatemarmite

AO Silver Member

County: Wrexham

Member car:

GTA Shed wagon

Highlights from Brands on ITV4 now
AO Silver Member

County: Essex
watching the BTCC on ITV4 today. Cracking telly, the rain shows of the skills of the drivers and the closeness of the cars makes F1 dull.
The Ginetta series races were pretty awesome too!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > International Motor Sport

Tags
brands , btcc , opener , season

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page