What would Formula1 be like ... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Motor Sport F1, Rally, Tourers, whatever...

(Post Link) post #1 of 15 Old 18-01-10 Thread Starter
AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Bristol
What would Formula1 be like ...

... if Berni simply never existed

He seems to be fairly universally disliked but what would the sport
be like if he had not been born? Would it be better or worse or would
it have developed in much the way it has?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Gloucestershire
It would be the American KART series
AO Member

County: Durham

Member car:

Alfa Spider

There might not be F1 ? without Bernie
AO Gold Member

County: Lancashire
oooh god that would be bad. i like him, he just wants to see them race. it was Max that was the issue not Bernie. and besides, his daughter is hot

If Max was still in charge, there wouldnt be an F1 this year. It probably would have died a long time ago without Bernie, certainly wouldnt be on TV, and would indeed be the CART series
Mymatemarmite

[QUOTE=Alfa-Red;3159838] and besides, his daughter is hot

A BIG + 1 there

AO Member

Member car:

N.Technology 156

It would at least still be a SPORT which it certainly isnt now.Mike
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaracer156 View Post
It would at least still be a SPORT which it certainly isnt now.Mike
blame max for that not bernie, max is the one that came up with the stupid rule changes etc
AO Gold Member

County: Brokopondo
If Berni hadn't been involved i reckon it would be more about racing than money, but! as commercial director he knows that its money that makes that world go round and bernie is a greedy sod!
Agree, it would have been taken over by some American and they would be racing in circles but, then again the Sport would have been more about Privateers if he wasn't there. The only thing bad about Bern is his greed for the wonga!
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

147 JTDm Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by EauRouge View Post
If Berni hadn't been involved i reckon it would be more about racing than money, but! as commercial director he knows that its money that makes that world go round and bernie is a greedy sod!
Agree, it would have been taken over by some American and they would be racing in circles but, then again the Sport would have been more about Privateers if he wasn't there. The only thing bad about Bern is his greed for the wonga!
....and he looks like Andy Warhol to me !!!!!!........
HSTDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa-Red View Post
blame max for that not bernie, max is the one that came up with the stupid rule changes etc
It's a good job Bernie's changes haven't been implimented. Every single one of them has been bunkum

AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
It's a good job Bernie's changes haven't been implimented. Every single one of them has been bunkum
and the ones that max did implement, have done the same, cost cutting my ar$e, it cost the teams more to change the cars than it would if they stayed the same

i mean changing the shape of the cars twice in 10 years, and limiting revs, changing tyres from slicks to grooved and bac to slicks, driver aids, no driver aids, whats all that about, make your pigging mind up. dont limit revs, have restrictors in place like indy cars. limits power without limiting the engines development. and bring back the screaming v10's, v8's are rubbish, and sound like high revving indy cars farting

yes it was cheaper for newer teams, but it has helped in the demise of honda, bmw and toyota, 3 main manufacturers we will probably never see again in F1. so that cut the manufacturer teams in half from 6 to 3, how good does it look now with a load of privateers though, how it used to be. and that was bernie influencing new teams to join. he aint all bad. yes he likes his money, but who doesnt.

i like bernie, yes some of his ideas have been a bit, strange, but at least he aint in charge of F1 like bernie was. least we still have F1, if Max was still here, we wouldnt

at least bernie make them race.

one rainy day, he was walking down the pit lane, tapping the drivers on the head, saying, "your driving, and you, and you etc" meaning "your in F1 the pinnacle of motorsport, the best drivers in the world, one of the most dangerous sports in the world, now get driving, its why we pay you, dont like it, theres the door"

At the big scrapyard in the sky:
Mk2 Punto Active Sport 1.2 8vStilo Schumacher GP147 1.6 TS LussoMk1 Punto Sporting 1.2 16v156 1.8 TS Lusso

On the 8th day God created BMW, on the 9th day, he traded it in for an Alfa Romeo :evillaugh:

HSTDriver

Quote:
one rainy day, he was walking down the pit lane, tapping the drivers on the head, saying, "your driving, and you, and you etc" meaning "your in F1 the pinnacle of motorsport, the best drivers in the world, one of the most dangerous sports in the world, now get driving, its why we pay you, dont like it, theres the door"
Yep, and that was completely wrong, given the conditions prevailing at the time.

Bernie has done some very, very good things for the sport, and so has Max.

And both of them have also made some grave, grave mistakes.

And I'll take privateers who exist only to race, rather than manufacturers who exist only to sell cars and make impressive looking balance sheets.

AO Gold Member

Quote:
Yep, and that was completely wrong, given the conditions prevailing at the time.

Bernie has done some very, very good things for the sport, and so has Max.

And both of them have also made some grave, grave mistakes.
oh yes maybe have been better if Bernie and Max worked together rather than firing off at each other,it was plainly obvious they hated each other, not good for the sport, but Todt and Bernie like each other, and Todt is liked by most people in other teams,unlike Max,so should start getting better now, we hope
HSTDriver

Quote:
oh yes maybe have been better if Bernie and Max worked together rather than firing off at each other,it was plainly obvious they hated each other, not good for the sport, but Todt and Bernie like each other, and Todt is liked by most people in other teams,unlike Max,so should start getting better now, we hope
I'm concerned by Todt, to be honest.

Not keen on one of the most powerful men in motorsport having such close ties with one of the more powerful teams in motorsport.

I'd rather have seen someone from outside of F1 take the reigns.

And F1 needs reworking from the ground up if it's going to improve dramatically. I think of all top level motorsport, it's lagging behind some competitors in terms of its product and its entertainment.

AO Gold Member

Quote:
I'm concerned by Todt, to be honest.

Not keen on one of the most powerful men in motorsport having such close ties with one of the more powerful teams in motorsport.

I'd rather have seen someone from outside of F1 take the reigns.

And F1 needs reworking from the ground up if it's going to improve dramatically. I think of all top level motorsport, it's lagging behind some competitors in terms of its product and its entertainment.
thats true, Todt and Luca are close, and hopefully there will be no bias to Ferrari like in the past but i doubt it personally i was gunng for Ari Vatanen but hey ho

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > International Motor Sport

Tags
formula1

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page