Sad Sunday - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Motor Sport F1, Rally, Tourers, whatever...

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 26-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: -
Sad Sunday

Today has been a bit unreal,

From time to time I have been fortunate to speak to a number of famous people who frequent where I work. Today I met with Nigel Mansell as part of a long standing arrangement, Nigel kindly signed the headlining in my car, but what should have been a happy moment for me felt completely insignificant in the circumstances when weighed up against others losses and injuries. Frankly, I can't even face looking to see what was written.

Sorry for such a depressing post but I just wanted to get it out of my system. Those who know me know I don't go in for public grief, but I just feel so gutted.

All my thoughts and prayers are with Felipe and his family and with John Surtees this weekend.

Regards

Der Teufel
Nate per vincere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Gloucestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Teufel View Post
All my thoughts and prayers are with Felipe and his family and with John Surtees this weekend.
+1

A crazy week for motorsport
AlfaLincs

The fatality which altered my outlook on motor sport was the death of Jim Clark, who died in 1968 when I was 14. I had seen him race a few times at Oulton Park and Aintree. I just couldn't believe it at the time. However, every ticket says 'Motor Racing is Dangerous' and nobody is forced to drive a racing car, so I reconcile my feelings by this means, and in the knowledge that drivers are doing what they want to do, in some cases for considerable financial reward.

I feel a lot worse about 18 year olds fighting the Taliban and coming home damaged or dead.

Unless there is something I havn't heard, the chances of Felipe Massa making a full recovery are really quite good. I certainly hope the little feller gets well soon.

AlfaLincs

AO Platinum Member

Member car:

147 JTDm Ti

I saw Nigel Mansell being interviewed on MOTO GP this afternoon ( Sunday ) by Suzi Perry, and he seemed quite excited about the racing at Donnington, and was looking forward to the race. In fact, he said he was a massive Bike racing fan, and this was his first visit to see an actual MOTO GP race..!!!!........

Not quite sure why you should be so upset !!!!!.......
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n13roy View Post
I saw Nigel Mansell being interviewed on MOTO GP this afternoon ( Sunday ) by Suzi Perry, and he seemed quite excited about the racing at Donnington, and was looking forward to the race. In fact. he said he was a massive Bike racing fan, and this was his first visit to see an actual MOTO GP race..!!!!........

Not quite sure why you should be so upset !!!!!.......
By the fact that an 18 year old died a week ago by a wheel hitting him, and a feakishly similar accident that has landed Massa in hospital with a fractured skull.....
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

147 JTDm Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by DojoHamster View Post
By the fact that an 18 year old died a week ago by a wheel hitting him, and a feakishly similar accident that has landed Massa in hospital with a fractured skull.....
Yes, I'm well aware of both those tragic events, and I have posted a lot of comments on them here, and obviously they are very upsetting, and I agree with what you have written there above, I think I may have mis-read this post in fact.......

I thought it was a post on Nigel Mansell's attendance at an event today !!!!!!......

Sorry, if my comment has caused offence, it certainly wasn't intended to !!!!.....
AO Platinum Member

Nah, I guessed at a mis-read
AO Member

County: Falkirk
All my thoughts and prayers are with Felipe and his family and with John Surtees this weekend.[/QUOTE]

+1

I know what you mean I have been the same over the weekend

I have been a massive felipe fan for ages now just a normal guy with amazing talent living the dream....... should have been world champ 2008.... IMO!!! such a nice person.

my thoughts are with his wife and family and wish him a full speedy recovery.
(Post Link) post #9 of 10 Old 27-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: -
No offence taken...if anyone is interested see post entitled TRIBUTE, all welcome to attend.
Mymatemarmite

Stirling Moss said that he loved the thrill of motorsport because he never knew if he was about to take part in a race he would win....or a race he may not see the entirety of....... I think we all love motorsport for the reason that it takes us to a special place......I'm never happier than when I'm watching motor racing, especially live events. When Ayrton Senna was announced dead, I cried, because somebody involved in a sport that I gain so much enjoyment from had it all taken away from him. It didn't seem fair. But we all know the dangers, and to a lesser extent we put ourselves at risk when we take that bend a 'little' faster than the last time. Thankfully it looks like Felippe is going to pull through, whether he will race in F1 again we do not know. Here's hoping we will soon see him back where he belongs.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > International Motor Sport

Tags
sad , sunday

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page