Who's off to Silverstone? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Motor Sport F1, Rally, Tourers, whatever...

Mymatemarmite

Who's off to Silverstone?

Hi guys, so who is starting to wet their pants in anticipation of an exciting and hopefully sunny weekend at the British Grand Prix? It's my third and I can't bloody wait! Plus my mate is driving us in his 3.2 GTV so I'm on the ale all weekend! As per our last visits we have booked pit straight tickets for the Sunday so looking forward to seeing a few celebs on the grid! Let's just hope the weather holds out.........and good luck Jenson(and Kimi!)!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Greater London
I've had a massive result.
My wife Jo works for Abbey National (Santander) and entered a competition at work to win tickets.
One of her workmates won tickets for Saturday qualifying but she's gone and won platinum grandstand tickets for Sunday!
The only downside is that my eldest son who is 8 would love to go but there's only 2 tickets and Jo wouldn't give hers up and I HAVE to go because she doesn't drive.
I'm charging the camcorder as we speak.
We get use of one of those little interactive TV things as part of the prize so I expect we'll spend half the race fighting over it.
I now need to convince her that we need to leave really early on Sunday but it's going to be a tricky one as we're at a wedding reception Saturday night. I might put all the clocks forward by an hour that night so she doesn't know!!!!
Really looking forward to it.
AO Silver Member

County: Shropshire
I wish. Be there on every bit of coverage and spirt
Mymatemarmite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybing View Post
I've had a massive result.
My wife Jo works for Abbey National (Santander) and entered a competition at work to win tickets.
One of her workmates won tickets for Saturday qualifying but she's gone and won platinum grandstand tickets for Sunday!
The only downside is that my eldest son who is 8 would love to go but there's only 2 tickets and Jo wouldn't give hers up and I HAVE to go because she doesn't drive.
I'm charging the camcorder as we speak.
We get use of one of those little interactive TV things as part of the prize so I expect we'll spend half the race fighting over it.
I now need to convince her that we need to leave really early on Sunday but it's going to be a tricky one as we're at a wedding reception Saturday night. I might put all the clocks forward by an hour that night so she doesn't know!!!!
Really looking forward to it.
I'll be up at 4 tommorow to leave at 5, I live in Torquay and this year we want to get breakfast on route and arrive for approx 9am. Hope you enjoy the day!

AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
I was there yesterday, got up at 5am & finished cleaning my 166 to take up there (I was also taking 2 others), set the alarm off at 5:30 by accident! Got to my friends at 7, drove up there. My friend got us into F1 Communications & paddock passes - such fun! Then we saw the race at Woodcote - good race.

Left at 4:30pm, A43 gridlocked, didn't get back to Ascot area until 7:30, but now I know why my 166 is a comfortable cruiser, just brilliant!
JFK
AO Member

County: Oxfordshire
Was there for the first time yesterday, corporate hospitality package care of my brother. Was in Vale stand between Stow and Club so saw a reasonable amount of overtaking and "offs".

Could n't hear a thing or understand what the hell was going on most of the time - but one thing was clear, Vettel's Red Bull simply looked faster than anything else out there, sounded meaner, and he absolutely drove the wheels off it - so you always knew who was in the lead.

Living about 6 miles away, I took full advantage of some local knowledge, and we did n't queue going in at 10am or out at 5pm. Now why did the poison dwarf have to go and move it?
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

147 JTDm Ti

Well Folks......after watching and reading a lot about the proposed move to Donnington lately. I think you may be pleasantly suprised, that this is NOT the last time Silverstone is going to be used for F1, I've got a sneaky feeling it MAY just hold next Years GP in fact, as Donnington is in one hell of a mess at the moment. Here's hoping, Eh !!!!!.......
Mymatemarmite

Yep it was a great 3 days. We sat just under the canopy of the pitstraight grandstand, had Jenson and Kimi right in front of us. Got some great photos, sepecially at Abbey. Took bloody ages to get back as my mate wanted to head towards Slough and then on to the M4 to Devon. One thing is for sure, we are not going in his GTV again, after 5 hours sitting in a plastic grandstand seat and then 5 hours in the terribly uncomfortable GTV i could barely move on Monday

AO Silver Member

County: North Yorkshire

Member car:

Black 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by n13roy View Post
Well Folks......after watching and reading a lot about the proposed move to Donnington lately. I think you may be pleasantly suprised, that this is NOT the last time Silverstone is going to be used for F1, I've got a sneaky feeling it MAY just hold next Years GP in fact, as Donnington is in one hell of a mess at the moment. Here's hoping, Eh !!!!!.......
You must be kidding,i can't wait for F1 at Donnington,a far better circuit in my opinion where we might get some overtaking especially if it rains
AO Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

147 Ducati Corse

Hey all was a great day out 4 me and my mates. I drove down as, well i was the best equipped with the 147 :-)
Took loads of pics, and has a camping style breakfast in the morning.. if i keep the interest for next year I think I'll take a radio so I know whats going on..
AO Member

I did !! It was the fourth time for me this year, had seats in Luffield A grandstand .

Had a cracking 3 days ! Lots of photos, had far too much to drink and eat.

Can't wait to do it again next year!
HSTDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxechick View Post
You must be kidding,i can't wait for F1 at Donnington,a far better circuit in my opinion where we might get some overtaking especially if it rains
Bleh, both are poor relations to the best circuit in Britain by a country mile, the famous, wonderful, unbeatable Brands Hatch

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > International Motor Sport

Tags
silverstone

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page