Who's off to Silverstone? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Motor Sport F1, Rally, Tourers, whatever...

 
Thread Tools
Mymatemarmite
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Who's off to Silverstone?

Hi guys, so who is starting to wet their pants in anticipation of an exciting and hopefully sunny weekend at the British Grand Prix? It's my third and I can't bloody wait! Plus my mate is driving us in his 3.2 GTV so I'm on the ale all weekend! As per our last visits we have booked pit straight tickets for the Sunday so looking forward to seeing a few celebs on the grid! Let's just hope the weather holds out.........and good luck Jenson(and Kimi!)!
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: No longer a GTA owner:(
AO Member
 
jonnybing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater London
Posts: 280
I've had a massive result.
My wife Jo works for Abbey National (Santander) and entered a competition at work to win tickets.
One of her workmates won tickets for Saturday qualifying but she's gone and won platinum grandstand tickets for Sunday!
The only downside is that my eldest son who is 8 would love to go but there's only 2 tickets and Jo wouldn't give hers up and I HAVE to go because she doesn't drive.
I'm charging the camcorder as we speak.
We get use of one of those little interactive TV things as part of the prize so I expect we'll spend half the race fighting over it.
I now need to convince her that we need to leave really early on Sunday but it's going to be a tricky one as we're at a wedding reception Saturday night. I might put all the clocks forward by an hour that night so she doesn't know!!!!
Really looking forward to it.
jonnybing is offline  
Status: Saving for engine.
AO Silver Member
 
tomfromtelford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Shropshire
Posts: 4,241
I wish. Be there on every bit of coverage and spirt
tomfromtelford is offline  
Mymatemarmite
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybing View Post
I've had a massive result.
My wife Jo works for Abbey National (Santander) and entered a competition at work to win tickets.
One of her workmates won tickets for Saturday qualifying but she's gone and won platinum grandstand tickets for Sunday!
The only downside is that my eldest son who is 8 would love to go but there's only 2 tickets and Jo wouldn't give hers up and I HAVE to go because she doesn't drive.
I'm charging the camcorder as we speak.
We get use of one of those little interactive TV things as part of the prize so I expect we'll spend half the race fighting over it.
I now need to convince her that we need to leave really early on Sunday but it's going to be a tricky one as we're at a wedding reception Saturday night. I might put all the clocks forward by an hour that night so she doesn't know!!!!
Really looking forward to it.
I'll be up at 4 tommorow to leave at 5, I live in Torquay and this year we want to get breakfast on route and arrive for approx 9am. Hope you enjoy the day!
 
Status: 166 gone but not forgotten
AO Silver Member
 
alfa166italian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Surrey
Posts: 1,383
I was there yesterday, got up at 5am & finished cleaning my 166 to take up there (I was also taking 2 others), set the alarm off at 5:30 by accident! Got to my friends at 7, drove up there. My friend got us into F1 Communications & paddock passes - such fun! Then we saw the race at Woodcote - good race.

Left at 4:30pm, A43 gridlocked, didn't get back to Ascot area until 7:30, but now I know why my 166 is a comfortable cruiser, just brilliant!
alfa166italian is offline  
JFK
Status: Mildy confused, becoming moderately later
AO Member
 
JFK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Oxfordshire
Posts: 471
Was there for the first time yesterday, corporate hospitality package care of my brother. Was in Vale stand between Stow and Club so saw a reasonable amount of overtaking and "offs".

Could n't hear a thing or understand what the hell was going on most of the time - but one thing was clear, Vettel's Red Bull simply looked faster than anything else out there, sounded meaner, and he absolutely drove the wheels off it - so you always knew who was in the lead.

Living about 6 miles away, I took full advantage of some local knowledge, and we did n't queue going in at 10am or out at 5pm. Now why did the poison dwarf have to go and move it?
JFK is offline  
Status: Misunderstood by many....
AO Platinum Member
 
n13roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Wales
Posts: 28,482

Member car:

147 JTDm Ti

Well Folks......after watching and reading a lot about the proposed move to Donnington lately. I think you may be pleasantly suprised, that this is NOT the last time Silverstone is going to be used for F1, I've got a sneaky feeling it MAY just hold next Years GP in fact, as Donnington is in one hell of a mess at the moment. Here's hoping, Eh !!!!!.......
n13roy is offline  
Mymatemarmite
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Yep it was a great 3 days. We sat just under the canopy of the pitstraight grandstand, had Jenson and Kimi right in front of us. Got some great photos, sepecially at Abbey. Took bloody ages to get back as my mate wanted to head towards Slough and then on to the M4 to Devon. One thing is for sure, we are not going in his GTV again, after 5 hours sitting in a plastic grandstand seat and then 5 hours in the terribly uncomfortable GTV i could barely move on Monday
 
Status: Has tha nowt moist?
AO Silver Member
 
dxechick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: North Yorkshire
Posts: 3,567

Member car:

Black 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by n13roy View Post
Well Folks......after watching and reading a lot about the proposed move to Donnington lately. I think you may be pleasantly suprised, that this is NOT the last time Silverstone is going to be used for F1, I've got a sneaky feeling it MAY just hold next Years GP in fact, as Donnington is in one hell of a mess at the moment. Here's hoping, Eh !!!!!.......
You must be kidding,i can't wait for F1 at Donnington,a far better circuit in my opinion where we might get some overtaking especially if it rains
dxechick is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Spyder84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 96

Member car:

147 Ducati Corse

Hey all was a great day out 4 me and my mates. I drove down as, well i was the best equipped with the 147 :-)
Took loads of pics, and has a camping style breakfast in the morning.. if i keep the interest for next year I think I'll take a radio so I know whats going on..
Spyder84 is offline  
Status: Frazzled !!
AO Member
 
andbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 333
I did !! It was the fourth time for me this year, had seats in Luffield A grandstand .

Had a cracking 3 days ! Lots of photos, had far too much to drink and eat.


Can't wait to do it again next year!
andbur is offline  
HSTDriver
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxechick View Post
You must be kidding,i can't wait for F1 at Donnington,a far better circuit in my opinion where we might get some overtaking especially if it rains
Bleh, both are poor relations to the best circuit in Britain by a country mile, the famous, wonderful, unbeatable Brands Hatch
 
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > International Motor Sport

Tags
silverstone

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Silverstone Alfa Racer Championship Round 9 10-08-2008 baby278278 East Anglia 88 10-08-08 18:58
Silverstone classic symon Way Off Topic 0 13-07-08 20:51
HP in my 155 Silverstone Sølvstein Alfa 155 6 20-03-06 15:05

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome