Historic Racing for Help for Heroes - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Motor Sport F1, Rally, Tourers, whatever...

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 09-04-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Nottinghamshire
Well Happy Historic Racing for Help for Heroes

Donington Park is hosting a historic race day over the 9/10 May. Racers from the 50s, 60s, & 70s in the paddock to view and on the track. Kids under 15 get in free with each adult ticket purchased.

They are donating a percentage of the days takings to the Help for Heroes charity.......Awesome

If you are a serving member of the forces, ID card means free entry!

As for me.......yep......I should be just back from the big deserty place in time to take the Alfa and the family out fo the day!

Go on, you know you want too, and the F1 Museum is fantastic and well worth a visit as well!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AlfaLincs

Re: Historic Racing for Help for Heroes

D'ye know I have been thinking this very week about dragging No 1 son off to see the Donington Collection as its only and hour and a bit away from here, and I know he'd enjoy it.

Thanks for that, supporting a good cause is a bonus.

AlfaLincs

AO Gold Member

County: Derbyshire

A word of warning: this meeting may not go ahead, or it may be moved to another circuit.

At the moment Donington has no MSA Circuit Licence, so race meetings can't be held there - meetings up to the week before this one have been cancelled/moved. There's been no comment from the circuit as to what, if anything, they are doing to rectify the situation. . . the nature of the problem suggests that it's not going to be a quick fix.
AO Gold Member

The good news is that Masters is now (April 20th) saying that the meeting is definitely on.
AO Gold Member

Just to remove any doubts, Donington was granted a track licence this evening, so this meeting is definitely on.
AlfaLincs

Excellent. My son and I are definitely going on sunday unless something drastic happens in the meantime. We also plan to see the Donington Collection if time allows.

I will not be in the Alfa regrettably as Mrs A has to go back to work in it (200 miles away) late afternoon. I'l be in the Kia Sorento.

If anyone from the Boston or immediate surrounding area wants a lift PM me and i'l see what I can do. Will be missing the Grand Prix on the telly though.....hmmmm.

AlfaLincs

AlfaLincs

Silly question really. Does anyone know if you are allowed to take little single use barbecues into Donington. I usually just take a picnic, but fancied doing the burger/sausage thing this time.

AlfaLincs

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > International Motor Sport

Tags
heroes , historic , racing

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page