Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Motor Sport F1, Rally, Tourers, whatever...

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?
Massa 10 28.57%
Hamilton 25 71.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 73 Old 01-11-08 Thread Starter
Status: Breraless :(
AO Platinum Member
 
Squadrone Rosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Neath Port Talbot
Posts: 30,126
Idea Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

Well then

Personally I hope it Mass but I would not be disappointed if Lewis got it
Squadrone Rosso is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: Going well, thanks.
AO Member
 
Johnbotch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Norfolk
Posts: 943

Member car:

2.0TS 156 SW

Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

Personally I hope it is Hamilton...

...but whoever wins will be giving the trophy back to it's rightful (Spanish) owner next season.
Johnbotch is offline  
Status: Back in an Alfa
AO Member
 
NELLY9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Hampshire
Posts: 63

Member car:

Brera 2.2JTS

Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

Hope and think Hamilton. He had his dodgy race in Japan and China hopefully showed he's learnt.

Reckon Massa will win the race itself though.

Off to watch the qualifying now....
NELLY9000 is offline  
Status: On 2 month holiday
AO Silver Member
 
chutsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Norfolk
Posts: 2,619
Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaluca View Post
Personally I hope it is Hamilton...

...but whoever wins will be giving the trophy back to it's rightful (Spanish) owner next season.
I think you could be right!
chutsy is offline  
GJ
Status: Relaxed
AO Platinum Member
 
GJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: Herefordshire
Posts: 17,658

Member car:

Spider S4

Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

Hamilton.

But I hope there is no real racing involving Mclaren and Ferrari......

'cause if there is...... Ferrari will win after the chequered flag is put away till next season.

Let's go back to when the only overtaking was in the pits...... it's so much easier.

You may guess ........ that I wont be watching it....
GJ is offline  
Status: Rust...Rust...Rust!
AO Silver Member
 
Alitalia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Suffolk
Posts: 1,028

Member car:

156, Sprint.

Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

Hamilton should have it in the bag this season. If Ferrari win again this will raise serious questions for me and I may decide never to watch again.
Alitalia is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Maxxb12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Isle of Man
Posts: 284

Member car:

146ti

Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

Who cares......(it probaly be a fix anyway....lol)
Maxxb12 is offline  
Status: Tentatively treading
AO Platinum Member
 
Hamster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Gloucestershire
Posts: 15,686
Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

I really really hope Hamilton takes it this year, anything from a 5th placed finish and it's his. As said above, if some kind of penalty befalls Hamiltin that is extrememly questionable (as has happened before) I will seriously begin to quesion the integrity or Formula 1 and the Ferrari International Assistance
Hamster is offline  
HSTDriver
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy156 View Post
I will seriously begin to quesion the integrity or Formula 1
I've seen too many championship battles go down to the last race under dodgy circumstances to think otherwise.

In the 90's it seemed to go down to the wire every year, and the final straw for me was 1997, when in the final race of the year, Frentzen and title contenders Schumacher and Villeneuve all qualified with exactly the same time, to the thousandth of a second. Now call me cynical, but to this day I don't believe that is possible, for even 2 guys to match times is amazing enough, but 3 guys to match pole position time? And for 2 of them to be the title contenders? As close to impossible as you'll get.
 
Status: Tentatively treading
AO Platinum Member
 
Hamster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Gloucestershire
Posts: 15,686
Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
I've seen too many championship battles go down to the last race under dodgy circumstances to think otherwise.

In the 90's it seemed to go down to the wire every year, and the final straw for me was 1997, when in the final race of the year, Frentzen and title contenders Schumacher and Villeneuve all qualified with exactly the same time, to the thousandth of a second. Now call me cynical, but to this day I don't believe that is possible, for even 2 guys to match times is amazing enough, but 3 guys to match pole position time? And for 2 of them to be the title contenders? As close to impossible as you'll get.
Agreed. Remember that 'coincidence' very well.
Hamster is offline  
AlfaLincs
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

I have actually voted for Massa having watched qualifying and seen that both Ferraris are in front of Hamilton and that Alonso is immediately behind him on the grid.

They are all going to try and screw up his race, and I think they will succeed somehow. I do hope I am wrong. Lewis deserves the crown, Massa almost deserves it, but yes if Ferrari get it again its looking like another stitch up. I can't really believe that Alonsos avowed intent of helping the Ferraris should go unchallenged by the FIA. Thats tantamount to saying that he will interfere if he can.

I've lost respect for Alonso as a person. He can drive though.

AlfaLincs
 
Status: Tentatively treading
AO Platinum Member
 
Hamster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Gloucestershire
Posts: 15,686
Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaLincs View Post
I can't really believe that Alonsos avowed intent of helping the Ferraris should go unchallenged by the FIA. Thats tantamount to saying that he will interfere if he can.
That bit really annoyed me. You know if it was aimed for another driver, it would be investigated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaLincs View Post
I've lost respect for Alonso as a person. He can drive though.

AlfaLincs
He can drive me up the wall with the grudge that he stupidly keeps against McLaren.
Hamster is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Alfaspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I would rather not say
County: -
Posts: 2,263
Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

I think the odds are good for Hammy to win it this time and he seems altogether a more stable individual this season too. It would be great if he won it, but i take nothing away from Massa who is himself a fantastic driver and would be happy for him to walk away champion as well. Of course, all this depends on his getaway tomorrow and from starting in 4th along side a Ferrari i hope he can calm that red mist of his and let him go through rather than risk being taken out of the fight. His team mate needs to do his job and protect Hammy from Alonso for the first few laps. If he can do that then Hammilton is only racing himself tomorrow. A 5th or better will do it for him. He just has to let the others get on with their race and stay out of trouble.

Never Test The Depth Of Water With Both Feet.
Alfaspeed is offline  
Status: ... is overated.
AO Silver Member
 
Gilbertr14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South Africa
County: Western Cape
Posts: 2,252

Member car:

Modus 1.4

Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

Hmailto will do what he does best


Fail under pressure..


Oh and get tapped by Alonso in the first corner
Gilbertr14 is offline  
Status: ... is overated.
AO Silver Member
 
Gilbertr14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South Africa
County: Western Cape
Posts: 2,252

Member car:

Modus 1.4

Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaLincs View Post
I can't really believe that Alonsos avowed intent of helping the Ferraris should go unchallenged by the FIA. Thats tantamount to saying that he will interfere if he can.

I've lost respect for Alonso as a person. He can drive though.

AlfaLincs

Alonso is very vocal, and so are probably a Billion other people. How full will the jails be if they arrested everyone who said "I'll Bloody kill him"...

As for holding up Hammy, I am sure he will, alongside with the rest of the F1 Mafia..... (Trulli)
Gilbertr14 is offline  
alfafamily
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

I would rather Lewis wins it but if Massa wins fair and square with no dodgy business I wouldn't be unhappy. Seeing Massa on ITV today was a bit of insight into what a nice guy and great driver he is. He started as a kid and had a struggle to make it because of limited finances just as some of the other great drivers did. He seems to me like a someone would rather lose than be unfairly helped.
God save us from any of the last race cheat debacles of the past, the sport can't stand it.
 
Status: Powered by coal and steam
AO Gold Member
 
EVEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: England
County: West Midlands
Posts: 9,807

Member car:

alph a ramayo

Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

Lewis for me
EVEL is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
FIAarri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Sussex
Posts: 13

Member car:

147

Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

Whoever gets the most points

or whoever the stewards don't screw over....
FIAarri is offline  
Status: zzzzzzzz
AO Platinum Member
 
symon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Oxfordshire
Posts: 36,925
Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

I hope Lewis Wins. he would have done it already if it wasn't for the stewards dodgy decisions.

I do think Massa deserves it in a way as he has driven a great season and at time made Kimi look second rate on many occasions.

Shame there can't be two winners.
symon is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Friggertool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: East Spiral Arm of Galaxy
Posts: 3,402

Member car:

Brera 3.2

Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

I voted for Lewis, but as has been said, lets hope it's a fair race and the best driver wins
Friggertool is offline  
Status: Going well, thanks.
AO Member
 
Johnbotch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Norfolk
Posts: 943

Member car:

2.0TS 156 SW

Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaLincs View Post
I have actually voted for Massa having watched qualifying and seen that both Ferraris are in front of Hamilton and that Alonso is immediately behind him on the grid.

They are all going to try and screw up his race, and I think they will succeed somehow. I do hope I am wrong. Lewis deserves the crown, Massa almost deserves it, but yes if Ferrari get it again its looking like another stitch up. I can't really believe that Alonsos avowed intent of helping the Ferraris should go unchallenged by the FIA. Thats tantamount to saying that he will interfere if he can.

I've lost respect for Alonso as a person. He can drive though.

AlfaLincs
Despite what the English media are making of his comments, Alonso has said little more than he hopes Massa wins and that if he can help him he will, but that he doubts that there is any way he can.
He has also said that his primary worry is his own race and has clearly dismissed that he will 'take out' Lewis.
He has also said that he will be more concerned with those starting behind him than those in front.
Johnbotch is offline  
HSTDriver
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaluca View Post
Despite what the English media are making of his comments, Alonso has said little more than he hopes Massa wins and that if he can help him he will,
Is that not bad enough then? This is a straight fight, Lewis v Massa, Mclaren v Ferrari. It's none of Alonso's fecking business, and he should keep his huge gob shut.

What he's saying is I'll interfere with the championship battle If I get the chance.

Which is about as pathetic as it gets. He should probably also have a think about the future, because if he does get involved today, one day it might be him in a championship fight (although hopefully never again) and Lewis might be tempted to return the favour, so to speak.
 
Status: Pedalling like f**k
AO Silver Member
 
Der Teufel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: -
Posts: 3,107
Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

Well done Jarno for getting ahead of Hamilton i bet he'll never keep you waiting on the parade lap again..Ha Ha
Der Teufel is offline  
Nev
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

Whoever is driving a Ferrari.
 
Status: Going well, thanks.
AO Member
 
Johnbotch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Norfolk
Posts: 943

Member car:

2.0TS 156 SW

Re: Who will win the 2008 F1 driver's championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
Is that not bad enough then? This is a straight fight, Lewis v Massa, Mclaren v Ferrari. It's none of Alonso's fecking business, and he should keep his huge gob shut.

What he's saying is I'll interfere with the championship battle If I get the chance.

Which is about as pathetic as it gets. He should probably also have a think about the future, because if he does get involved today, one day it might be him in a championship fight (although hopefully never again) and Lewis might be tempted to return the favour, so to speak.
Alonso has made it clear that he will not do anything that is against the rules, sure he might make his car a little wider if Hamilton is trying to get past him than if Massa is(unlikely as the scenario is)...but so what?
A lot of great drivers have had to put up with it...it goes on, get on with it.
It goes on all the time now... and it always has done...ask any ex-driver and they will tell you that every driver needs 'friends' on the grid.
Perhaps Lewis should have given that some thought?

[SIGPIC]https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/aogallery/data/500/thumbs/MyAlfa1.jpg[/SIGPIC]
TEAM BOTCH
Supporting East Anglian Air Ambulance
Johnbotch is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > International Motor Sport

Tags
2008 , championship , driver , win

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome