Mosley Wins Court Case - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Motor Sport F1, Rally, Tourers, whatever...

(Post Link) post #1 of 44 Old 24-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: -
Mosley Wins Court Case

BBC NEWS | UK | Mosley wins court case over orgy

I for one think it was the right decision. Privacy should be respected, regardless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PR
Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 51
Re: Mosley Wins Court Case

I agree. I think the Nazi overtones and suggesting they were somehow mocking the Holocaust victims was completey fabricated aswell.
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

"We felt that what we saw, what we witnessed, was on balance a fair and reasonable interpretation of Nazi-style role-play."

Yeah, but 'we' is referring to a load of scum tabloid journalists, so could be lacking in a bit of credibility.
Nev

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post

Yeah, but 'we' is referring to a load of scum tabloid journalists, so could be lacking in a bit of credibility.
Indeed. Coke-addled, drunk scum tabloid journos, perhaps.

AO Member

Member car:

156, Spider

Hell in a hand-cart, what is the world coming to, oh brave new world that has such people in it, collapse of cilvilisation, condoning deviancy etc

I can imagine a few people on the other thread will be a little upset by this.

Edit to add a gratuitous o tempora, o mores
AO Platinum Member

Of course, Mosely has left the court with his reputation intact I'm sure that cheating on his wife makes him a thoroughly decent chap...
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Hmmm, an interesting Article in Metro Newspaper today (25 July 2008)

Allegation = a woman is heard muttering "But we are the Aryan race, the blondes"

The defence = she doesn't know what 'Aryan' means; she could not explain why she used it

Allegation = Mosely and a woman discussed Nazi scenarios in e-mails.

The defence = E-mails were found to have been deleted from the womans computer; but she denied doing so on Mosely's orders.

Allegation = 2 women were said to have been wearing German military jackets.

The defence = "We were not trying to act a military scene.We were trying to act a modern prison scene"

Not mentioned in the Metro were the use of German accents; that Mosely said were used as he thought that the German language sounded bossey; or the reference to lice inspections.

Clearly this isn't the end of civilisation. However, Mosely's position is as the head of FIA. This role involves meeting heads of state, royalty and VIP's. A number of these people are said to have asked that he does not meet them at the Grand Prix in their country. As such he is unable to fulfil his role. Usually when people are unable to carry out their job function they resign/are replaced.

In my view anyone with any ounce of decency would have resigned - rather than let this sorry saga fester.

Although on this occasion the Judge declined to find any suggestion of Nazism, it may be possible that some people who enjoy S&M do role play with Nazi overtones. Rather than make ironic 'jokes' about such matters we should perhaps remember the trues horrors that those in the concentration camps actually suffered - rather than belittle it with such churlish behaviour and remarks.

Sad.....very sad....

Into The Unknown

Rayq81

I think the press should report real news instead of this load of old ****, its not like the country has no real issues, shall I list them in a German accent or will I end up in the news of the turd

AO Member

Member car:

166 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayq81 View Post
I think the press should report real news instead of this load of old ****, its not like the country has no real issues, shall I list them in a German accent or will I end up in the news of the turd
Well deciding what people should or should not be allowed to be to be informed of is censorship - so I think the German accent might suffice - burnt any books lately???
Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCobWeb View Post
Well deciding what people should or should not be allowed to be to be informed of is censorship - so I think the German accent might suffice - burnt any books lately???
If you want sex stories buy the Sport or a copy of Razzle, and dont give me the old "burning books analogy" If Max Mosely had not been "Famous " no one would have batted an eyelid The country is about to hit the biggest crisis in decades and the newspapers are reporting ****e as usual.

AO Member

Member car:

Renault Clio

Quote:
If you want sex stories buy the Sport or a copy of Razzle, and dont give me the old "burning books analogy" If Max Mosely had not been "Famous " no one would have batted an eyelid The country is about to hit the biggest crisis in decades and the newspapers are reporting ****e as usual.
But he is famous and you're trying to dictate what people should read

If you want sex stories you can also buy the News of the World - did you hear about the one regarding the head of an international sporting body ?
AO Member

Member car:

166 V6

Has anyone got a light?
Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabe View Post
But he is famous and you're trying to dictate what people should read

If you want sex stories you can also buy the News of the World - did you hear about the one regarding the head of an international sporting body ?
He won his case !! or did you miss that part but hey that should not stand in the way of good journalism

Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCobWeb View Post
Has anyone got a light?
Im sorry could you explain that ?

alfafamily

How many people who are criticising Max Moseley would be happy for things they do behind closed doors to be secretly filmed and put in the News of the ******* World. The ones that buy that garbage have as much to be ashamed of as anyone.
Tabloid newspapers should be taxed to help pay for the court time they take up defending their sordid trade. If anyone is responsible for the decline in freedom of speech it's the papers themselves for pushing the boundaries of common sense and decency. I hate them and everything they have done to our society.

alfafamily

C'mon Monks and Nuns where are you?

Rayq81

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfafamily View Post
How many people who are criticising Max Moseley would be happy for things they do behind closed doors to be secretly filmed and put in the News of the ******* World. The ones that buy that garbage have as much to be ashamed of as anyone.
Tabloid newspapers should be taxed to help pay for the court time they take up defending their sordid trade. If anyone is responsible for the decline in freedom of speech it's the papers themselves for pushing the boundaries of common sense and decency. I hate them and everything they have done to our society.
Well said Alfafamily

AO Member

Member car:

Renault Clio

Quote:
He won his case !! or did you miss that part but hey that should not stand in the way of good journalism
No I didn't miss that; I read about it in the papers despite the fact that some people would seem to wish to prevent such news being reported.

And yes, he won the case on the Nazi issue - but admitted lying and cheating on his wife who is said to be devastated; paying about £80k for S&M sessions and ending up with questionable character and not being welcome anywhere - some victory

Mind you, for someone who seems to think there should be a media blackout on the issue you seem awfully well informed Clearly its wrong for others to read about it; but Ok for you to?
AO Member

Member car:

Renault Clio

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfafamily View Post
Well you're obviously superior to those ignorant people who buy that newspaper - how dare they

They shouldn't be allowed to bread should they - hmmm now where else was that done before?
AO Member

County: Tyne and Wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaspeed View Post
BBC NEWS | UK | Mosley wins court case over orgy

I for one think it was the right decision. Privacy should be respected, regardless.
defo what 1 dose in his own time is up to him,but when your in the spot light thers always some1 ready to put u down,good luck 2 him i wished it was me hee hee
Rayq81

Quote:
No I didn't miss that; I read about it in the papers despite the fact that some people would seem to wish to prevent such news being reported.

And yes, he won the case on the Nazi issue - but admitted lying and cheating on his wife who is said to be devastated; paying about £80k for S&M sessions and ending up with questionable character and not being welcome anywhere - some victory

Mind you, for someone who seems to think there should be a media blackout on the issue you seem awfully well informed Clearly its wrong for others to read about it; but Ok for you to?
I could not care less what he gets up to, this is a free country , ******** !! I never even knew who he was until this ****e was dragged up and I dont give a toss what he does in his spare time or who his parents were, Modern day peeping Toms why dont you stop looking in peoples windows.

Rayq81

Quote:

They shouldn't be allowed to bread should they
Dough !!

AO Member

Member car:

Renault Clio

Quote:
I could not care less what he gets up to, this is a free country , ******** !! I never even knew who he was until this ****e was dragged up and I dont give a toss what he does in his spare time or who his parents were, Modern day peeping Toms why dont you stop looking in peoples windows.
So you were so disinterested you read / listened to the news reports (rather than just ignore them) - then moan about the fact its reported. You're so disinterested that you preach to others they shouldn't hear about it?

It is a free country - until the dictators start the censorship
AO Gold Member

County: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Slegg View Post
Hmmm, an interesting Article in Metro Newspaper today (25 July 2008)

Allegation = a woman is heard muttering "But we are the Aryan race, the blondes"

:
Aryan race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The "Aryan race" is a concept in European culture that was influential in the period of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. It derives from the idea that the original speakers of the Indo-European languages and their descendants up to the present day constitute a distinctive race. Belief in the existence of the "Aryan race" is sometimes referred to as Aryanism (not to be confused with the unrelated Christian religious belief known as Arianism). An identical belief, but with broader inclusivity, is referred to as pan-Aryanism.

Humans's are funny creatures...in places like South Africa, the "whites' are considered invaders and the "blacks' are considered the original inhabitants, yet Mandella and his mates are also the decendants of Invaders who arrived only about 1000 years ago dribving out the "Browns' who were the true inhabitants.......

Bushmen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Bushmen, San, Basarwa, ǃKung or Khwe are indigenous people of southern Africa which spans most areas of South Africa, Zimbabwe , Lesotho, Mozambique, Swaziland, Botswana, Namibia and Angola. They were traditionally hunter-gatherers, part of the Khoisan group, and are related to the traditionally pastoral Khoikhoi. Starting in the 1950s, through the 1990s, they switched to farming.

Genetic evidence suggests they are one of the oldest, if not the oldest, peoples in the world ó a "genetic Adam" according to Spencer Wells, from which all humans can ultimately trace their genetic heritage.[1]

AO Member

Member car:

Renault Clio

Quote:
Well, you were so disinterested in it you said this:

Quote:
Great thread I havent laughed so much for ages, the comments on page one are brilliant
Double standards anyone?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > International Motor Sport

Tags
case , court , mosley , wins

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page