Donnington Has No Planning Permission !! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Motor Sport F1, Rally, Tourers, whatever...

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 10-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Looky Looky Donnington Has No Planning Permission !!

Linky

Could this be the end of the British Grand Prix (As Bernie Borrocks of Bullion has said it'll never return to Silverstone )

And WTF couldn't the building work be completed in two years

I think the great British Planning Authorities and Workman need to take a good look at what is happening in the UAE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Re: Donnington Has No Planning Permission !!

The feeling at Silverstone over the last weekend is that Bernie is playing games and the GP will not move from there.
AO Silver Member

its the poison dwarfs master plan to take the gp from britain via the backdoor, give it to a track that he knows wont possibly be ready in time, then when they come up short exclaim that britain isnt fit to host a gp and give it to a country who have bunged him the most money

the track at donny needs extending, new roads need to be built, and new stands and viewing areas needs building, all in 2 years? not a chance, its taken silverstone 10+ years to do all of these(apart from the track extension) and they still arent finished.

the planning guy on the tv earlier in the week was astounded that bernie had anounced the gp moving to donny bearing in mind they are still in the planning negotiation process, maybe he was too low in the pecking order to know about any bung that may be winging its way to the head planning officer

alledgedly.
(Post Link) post #4 of 7 Old 10-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

AO Silver Member

But the donny guys on the telly sunday said this.. they said until they got the contract they couldn't formally apply for planning permission due to confidentiality but had been consulting planning staff about the required works.

Bleeding sensationalist journalism - of course they don't stand a hope in hell of being ready - that was also hinted at - subbying it to silverstone if they were not ready....

Simes.
AO Member

You know what? I can't see the planning commity acting up and refusing it, ever get the feeling this is scaremongering by the tabloids!!

As for the fact that Silverstone doesn't live up to the standards of a modern F1 race track and facilties, what a load of tosh, I've been to the Monza GP and it was a dust bowl with nothing to do inside the gates with barely anything in the way of attractions such as entertainment apart from the track events!

Now I know what your going to say is you're there for the motor racing, but what do you do between it? My point is there are worse tracks on the calendar that they could pulled, but daren't be such as Monza because dare forebid it Bernie upset the likes of the Tifosi, but don't worry as most teams are based in good old blighty thats the least of his worries!

I think Bernie need to consider the expired concorde agreement between the teams, could land him in trouble one day.
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot

I used to work at NEMA and know the area very well. Hence, I cannot see how such an upgrade is viable for Donington

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > International Motor Sport

Tags
donnington , permission , planning

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page