Saint Goueno hillclimb [Brittany] - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Motor Sport F1, Rally, Tourers, whatever...

(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 13-06-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Somerset
Saint Goueno hillclimb [Brittany]

Just back from a great weekend at this venue. Part of the French hillclimb championship a number of both British and Irish competitors were invited. I went with a friend with a Sierra Cosworth. The hillclimb was good but it was the food and entertainment that made the weekend. The entry fee of Euro 280 included a welcome buffet and dinner on 2 nights - including wine... There were 3 bands on 2 nights finishing in the wee small hours of the morning and then a final buffet and presentation. Fortunately my friend broke the car on the first timed run so we could concentrate on having a good time - the Irish were full of Blarney and drink and a great time was had by [mostly] all. Unfortunately some cars were damaged and a couple of drivers did get injured, nothing too serious but still requiring hospital treatment. There was one Alfa competing a 4C and the course car was an Alfa Giulia quadrifoglio. I was promised a ride up the hill in it but an accident put paid to that unfortunately. The photo of the car in the ditch was not serious as it had almost stopped before sliding gently off the road, much to the drivers embarrassment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020866.jpg (163.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1020877.jpg (162.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg P1020900.jpg (174.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg P1020899.jpg (67.9 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > International Motor Sport

Tags
brittany , goueno , hillclimb , saint

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page