WSB (World Super Bike) : 2017 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Motor Sport F1, Rally, Tourers, whatever...

(Post Link) post #1 of 49 Old 14-02-17 Thread Starter

County: Cork
Garage
Thumbs Up WSB (World Super Bike) : 2017

Spoiler Alert

If you haven't watched qualifying or the races & don't want to know the results best not look at this thread as it will contain spoilers, so don't say you weren't warned

Also as there is/will be threads for MotoGP / BSB / Road Racing etc. please only post results or discussions in the appropriate threads so people can read certain threads without seeing spoilers for other classes they may not yet have viewed

=================================

A few useful links for WSB

The Official SBK Website

World Superbikes News | Motorcycle Sport | WSB Results | World Supersport | MCN

WSBK_2017Calendar_3 2017.jpg

Last edited by David P; 14-02-17 at 15:04.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 49 Old 24-02-17 Thread Starter

Garage
Qualifying & Race 1 coverage from Phillip Island begins at 1:15am Saturday morning
(Post Link) post #3 of 49 Old 25-02-17 Thread Starter

Garage
Rea takes the win from pole followed by Davies, Sykes, Lowes & Camier. Laverty 8th.
(Post Link) post #4 of 49 Old 26-02-17 Thread Starter

Garage
Rea makes it a double from 9th on the grid (top 3 from Race 1 reverse positions on the 3rd row)
Then it's Davies, Melandri, Lowes & Fores. Camier 8th, Laverty 10th.

Rea leads championship on 50 points from Davies on 40.

This was also Rea's 40th win, he joins Fogarty, Bayliss & Haga who also achieved 40 wins.

Hopefully Rea can make it 3 championships in a row & set a new record
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta 150MA

That was an utterly breathtaking race, quality stuff. Great to see Melandri back and on top form, and impressive to see Rea defeating all those Ducatis which had a clear power advantage.
AO Silver Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterzo View Post
That was an utterly breathtaking race, quality stuff. Great to see Melandri back and on top form, and impressive to see Rea defeating all those Ducatis which had a clear power advantage.
Have Ducati a power advantage? I thought the engine was an area they still had ground to make up on and the passing was due to slipstreaming on Phillip Island's long straight-I am happy to be corrected though.
As you say, great to Melandri back. Hope we see more examples of his bike control.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta 150MA

It would be interesting to see some power figures - but it does look as though Ducati might now have an edge. I had the impression they were catching Rea mid straight, while he was doing his passing in corners, while Sykes on the other Kawasaki, a former champion, couldn't keep up. In any case it was all so close everywhere it was quite difficult to read!
AO Silver Member

Quote:
It would be interesting to see some power figures - but it does look as though Ducati might now have an edge. I had the impression they were catching Rea mid straight, while he was doing his passing in corners, while Sykes on the other Kawasaki, a former champion, couldn't keep up. In any case it was all so close everywhere it was quite difficult to read!
I only ask because I watched an interview where Davies make a comment re having made progress with the engine but so have the competition so it is an area where they have to work on. Could be just pre-season sandbagging maybe? The Kawasaki still looks to be the one to beat though.
(Post Link) post #9 of 49 Old 02-03-17 Thread Starter

Garage
Rea & the Kawasaki are the team to beat
Good to see Melandri, Fores & Lowes showing such good pace, hopefully it'll continue for the season, although they say Phillip Island results aren't always a true reflection of season pace.
(Post Link) post #10 of 49 Old 10-03-17 Thread Starter

Garage
Rea fastest in Buriram, Qualifying & Race 1 tomorrow
(Post Link) post #11 of 49 Old 12-03-17 Thread Starter

Garage
Rea wins Race 1 from pole, then Davies & Sykes.

Rea does the double in a red flagged Race 2 again from 9th on the grid, followed by Sykes & Melandri. Davies crashes before the red flag & restarts from the back of the grid, he finished 6th.

Rea leads championship on 100 points from Davies on 70.
(Post Link) post #12 of 49 Old 31-03-17 Thread Starter

Garage
WSB from Aragon this weekend
(Post Link) post #13 of 49 Old 01-04-17 Thread Starter

Garage
Rea takes another win, this time from 2nd on the grid, that's 5 wins from 5. Melandri 2nd, Sykes 3rd. Davies crashes from the lead with 2 laps to go.
Rea's win was the 200th for a British rider.

Rea leads the championship by 47 points from Sykes.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
Rea takes another win, this time from 2nd on the grid, that's 5 wins from 5. Melandri 2nd, Sykes 3rd. Davies crashes from the lead with 2 laps to go.
Rea's win was the 200th for a British rider.

Rea leads the championship by 47 points from Sykes.
Bit of a danger of this becoming like F1. Just needs to build a bit more of a lead and he can spend the rest of the year defending the gap. Hopefully not though.
(Post Link) post #15 of 49 Old 02-04-17 Thread Starter

Garage
Davies wins Race 2 from 10th on the grid, Rea 2nd, Melandri 3rd. Excellent first couple of laps from Rea to be 2nd after starting from 9th, close battle for win during the last couple of laps.

Rea now leads the championship by 50 points from Davies.
(Post Link) post #16 of 49 Old 02-04-17 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtv160 View Post
Bit of a danger of this becoming like F1. Just needs to build a bit more of a lead and he can spend the rest of the year defending the gap. Hopefully not though.
Even though Rea has a good lead in the points already the races are close enough & still good battles, as you say hopefully it won't get boring, I doubt it will, I think Rea will keep battling for the win regardless
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
Even though Rea has a good lead in the points already the races are close enough & still good battles, as you say hopefully it won't get boring, I doubt it will, I think Rea will keep battling for the win regardless
I agree with you re him going for the win. Also much closer racing in the 2nd race. My concern is that Rea was 55 points, I think, ahead of Davies before that race started. That means he can afford to let Davies win 11 races while he comes 2nd. That sort of cushion could take a bit of the fight out of the races. Hopefully the racing will continue to be close but I am concerned that domination of the 2 big factory teams is going to make this a 2 horse race -though it is early days. Supersport race was v good.
(Post Link) post #18 of 49 Old 28-04-17 Thread Starter

Garage
Race 1 from Assen tomorrow
(Post Link) post #19 of 49 Old 29-04-17 Thread Starter

Garage
Rea wins Race 1 from 4th on the grid, he was originally on pole but got a penalty for not getting far enough off line on his slowing down lap which obstructed Davies, who was less than impressed
Sykes 2nd & Melandri 3rd, Davies breaks down in the final chicane just before the start of the final lap, that puts him 75 points back.

That's 6 out of 7 wins for Rea, and a 59 point lead over Sykes.

Last edited by David P; 29-04-17 at 16:33.
(Post Link) post #20 of 49 Old 30-04-17 Thread Starter

Garage
Rea wins Race 2 from Sykes & Davies to make it another double, that was his 200th race & his 45th win

That's 7 wins from 8 with 195 points which puts him 64 points ahead of Sykes, 84 ahead of Davies in the championship after just 4 rounds, seriously impressive performances & well deserved, especially after stating with Honda for so many years.

IMG_20170430_151223.jpg IMG_20170430_151325.jpg
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta 150MA

Superbike racing sheds some light on all the debate around F1 and what it ought to be. The same people keep winning in bike racing, but it's fantastic to watch. Mere unpredictability is not what it's all about.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Superbike racing sheds some light on all the debate around F1 and what it ought to be. The same people keep winning in bike racing, but it's fantastic to watch. Mere unpredictability is not what it's all about.
I think I know what you mean. I got interested in motorsport by going to road racing with my father as a child. I can remember clearly the tremendous speed, quite a few serious accidents and unfortunately too many fatalities. As a result I have been left with a huge regard for the talents and bravery of bike riders. The talent and skill is also more clearly on show than it is with a f1 car -you can see the rider inputs more easily and it is therefore more rewarding to watch. I do wish it was much closer though than it is at present though.
(Post Link) post #23 of 49 Old 12-05-17 Thread Starter

Garage
Round 4 from Imola this weekend
(Post Link) post #24 of 49 Old 14-05-17 Thread Starter

Garage
Davies wins Race 1 from pole followed by Rea & Melandri.

Davies does the double wining a restarted Race 2 after a red flag on the first lap due to an engine blowup & oil on track, Rea 2nd & Sykes 3rd.

Rea now on 235 points, 74 ahead of Davies & 75 ahead of Sykes.
AO Silver Member

Rides a WSB every other weekend and is hospitalised while on a bicycle! Hope it is not serious.

Nicky Hayden: Ex-MotoGP champion in hospital after cycling accident in Italy - BBC Sport

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > International Motor Sport

Tags
2017 , bike , super , world , wsb

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page