Mille Miglia 2017 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Motor Sport F1, Rally, Tourers, whatever...

1Likes
  • 1 Post By brown_beret7

(Post Link) post #1 of 17 Old 20-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Australia-
Smile Mille Miglia 2017

Does anyone know of any Alfa club events or activities planned for the 2017 Mille Miglia in Brescia Italy? Any local Alfa club activities?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

Giulietta

I haven't seen any information but will look into it and I'd be interested in anything you turn up - I'll be in Brescia on the 18/19 May to see the start of this years race (the 90th anniversary), then heading back to Milan to visit the Alfa Romeo museum. Happy to share any info.

regards,

Paul
(Post Link) post #3 of 17 Old 09-01-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks Mate, I'll be the guy in the Aussie Alfa Owners cap, there on the same day as you.
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick shift View Post
Thanks Mate, I'll be the guy in the Aussie Alfa Owners cap, there on the same day as you.
I'll keep in touch and we can meet up for a chat if you'd like. Getting my travel organised now - flights booked UK to Milan return, getting into Milan midday on Weds 17th, then I'll get a train Milan to Brescia, so I'll be there around mid afternoon on Weds. I'm fixing up some accommodation for Weds & Thursday night as close to the centre as I can get.
Cheers for now,
Paul
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta

I've booked a small apartment in Via Agostino Gallo, to the east of the Duomo, about 7 mins walk from Piazza della Vittoria for 17 & 18 May.

If you've not seen the main website yet, its Mille Miglia
(Post Link) post #6 of 17 Old 16-01-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

Sounds good Paul, lets try to catch up. I haven't booked final travel yet. we have a place out of town booked, short train ride in, I'll keep you posted on arrangements. I have been looking for a "local" AR Club doing something, without success. It would be nice to meet up with some locals,or AR Owners visiting.

A mate from the club here in Sydney visited a few years ago and said access to the cars at scrutineering was easy and a great spectacle.

I'll stay in touch. CB
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta

Thanks - it's good to know that the scrutineering is public access. I've seen some photos of a large covered hall/hanger with the cars in that I assumed was scrutineering and looked great to get a look around. I'll try and find out where this years location is for it, hopefully not too far outside the town.

Cheers for now,
Paul

PS Are you visiting the Mille Miglia Museum on the outskirts of Brescia during your trip? I drove my Giulietta there last year, and recommend it, a great day!

Last edited by brown_beret7; 16-01-17 at 10:34.
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta

Found these couple of pics from 2014 scrutineering, in a large distinct building somewhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mille-miglia-2014-23.jpg (113.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Mille-Miglia-Scrutineering-overview-876x535.jpg (150.0 KB, 2 views)
73GTVJim likes this.
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta

Found the location for Scrutineering - it's the Immobiliare Fiera di Brescia exhibition complex, Via Caprera, 5, 25125 Brescia BS.
http://www.immobiliarefiera.it/it/

It's about 6km to the south west of the city centre, a 30 min or so metro ride.
(Post Link) post #10 of 17 Old 25-01-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

You are doing some great research, thanks for sharing. We are staying out of town a bit, Desenzano, about 25 mins in a local train. Not ideal, but we found some really comfortable and spacious accom. We arrive on the Tuesday night and leave on the Saturday morning. That should give us time to enjoy all the pre activities, including the museum, which I am told can be closed for private events around MM time. We should also be able to get a feel for the town. The event takes the town over I'm told, so everything and every bar and every cafe is MM. There is at least one Australia based car running I hear, I think a 1927? Roadster, it is out of Melbourne. CB
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta

Hi there,

I saw the Attended cars list is now published on the MM web site and via the Facebook page. Over 40+ Alfas and other great marques!

http://1000miglia.it/attach/Content/..._accettati.pdf

I see three AUS cars in the list, a Fiat 525SS, a Fiat 508S and an Austin Healey.

Looking great so far,

Paul
(Post Link) post #12 of 17 Old 05-04-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

Paul, you have done some great work on this. It should be great fun, with the opportunity to get up close to some fantastic classics. Really looking forward to it.The atmosphere is supposed to be great, Goodwood with Aperol and pizza!
We are arriving from Iceland, a holiday on the way. Will pick up an Italian sim card in Milan or somewhere on the way through. We should be in place by Tuesday PM. Will be on line line and on air. Need to work out how to find you and any others AROC members.
I still have not found any organised Alfa activity or groups. Cheers, CB
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta

No problem, I'm just picking up the info as it's released on the Facebook page and the official website

I guess I also want to make the best of the few days I have there - it'd be terrible to find I missed something amazing just because I was in the wrong place!

The event programme is out now -> http://www.1000miglia.eu/attach/Cont...2017.03.03.pdf

I think when I get into Brescia Weds pm, I'll leave my bag apartment with my host and then head to the Fiera Immobiliare to see the cars in scrutineering. I think public access is OK but I've just messaged the organisers through FB to check. I'll do some digging about how best to get there by Metro etc. Then I'll head back to Piazza della Vittoria for the sealing celebration etc, so maybe we can try and meet there for some dinner, by phone or messenger. Evening pizza and soak up the atmosphere!

More soon,

Paul

PS A few friends have visited Iceland and enjoyed it, so I'm sure you'll have a great time!
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta

The organisers came back and said that the scrutineering isn't open to the public. That makes it a little easy though as no journey to the Fiera to organise, just an amble around the Piazza Vittoria on Wednesday afternoon to see what great cars we can see!
(Post Link) post #15 of 17 Old 17-04-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

Paul, we are getting ready to fly out to Iceland, about 10 days, all crazy here. We are doing 14 days self drive around the island, should be fun.
Are you on Whatsapp, Facetime, Skype etc. I have a FB account, but can't remember the last time I logged in. CB
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta

Sounds a fantastic trip!

Yes, I'm on WhatsApp, which is probably the best of those options - find me as 'Paul Bedwell' and we'll have a comms link ahead of Italy. There could be more than one of me on there (namesakes), so we'll have to work that out somehow.

Safe travels!
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta

Hope the trip is working out great. I'm getting ready to fly on Weds morning. Be good to meet up if we can work it, hopefully the tech will just do its thing! My UK mobile is 07711 636568.

Paul

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > International Motor Sport

Tags
2017 , miglia , mille

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page