nurburgring 2008 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

(Post Link) post #1 of 73 Old 20-11-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147gta

nurburgring 2008

Just wondering if theres any people going over there next year, think we'll probably be goin may sometime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: -

Member car:

156 GTA

Re: nurburgring 2008

I would say that its very likely a number of alfas from this site would be going around that time.
Assuming another Alfaowner expedition will be organized.

The public dates aren't published yet so that is needed before concrete planning can occur.

cheers,
TB
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex

I will definitely be there as soon as I know the dates.
cul
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 GTA Q2

Does anyone know when the public dates are being released?
Im also thinking of going early may, with a group of petrol head mates.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 GTA

AFAIK know near the end of the year, or early next year.
Last year they were published earlier than normal, but the year before they were published in Jan/Feb I think.
AO Gold Member

County: Down in the Park

Apparently they will be refusing modded cars next year, unless you can hand over a TuV approval for all parts, and comply with certain rules.

In other words, there's no chance a lightened or supercharged or even lowered car (without tuv papers) is getting in... have ssen this mentioned on 2 dutch forums until now....
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 GTA

Can't imagine this applies to foreign cars?
TUV is a german thing, and I cant imagine the Ring being that efficient at enforcing it on normal looking cars..
How would they even know what was standard or not?

Aren't all cars that drive on public German roads supposed to be TUV leagal if German registered or otherwise "European legal"?

Interested in any info though, obviously

Cheers,
TB
AO Silver Member

County: Somerset

Member car:

156GTA & 33racer

.....so a little german man sat at a little wooden desk with lots of manuals for bikes and cars, thumbing through and then slowly looking up over his small round specticles saying........harrrrrrrr No!! whilst you quietly hum the tune to the Dambusters or The Great Escape.
AO Gold Member

apparently they've already refused a number of cars, mostly foreign

nurburgring.nl :: Bekijk onderwerp - TUV Regelgeving i.c.m. Hausrecht GmbH (DU - NL vertaling)
Stichting Club Alfa Romeo Bezitters :: Forum :: Bekijk onderwerp - Nurburgringrijden voor omgebouwde auto's voorgoed voorbij!!!

in dutch, but try to put it through a translator and i'll fill in the blanks
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

Moved to International Meets & Events lounge.
AO Gold Member

Marco veldhuis wrote:

Let me tell you a couple of things since I was at the ring last week!!

1st make sure that the sound is below the admissible (below 95dB or any lower value on TuV papers) or they will take you off the track!! Tough ****!!

2nd a valid MOT doesn't count on the ring, only outside

3rd only TuV approved cars are allowed!! Because then the responsibility is with the TuV-man and not with the GmBh! Standard cars are always allowed on the ring

============

seems like my track toy will not be admissible, with the big brake conversion, lightened and stripped body, Megasquirt motormanagement etc... and a TuV official is present during open hours...

anybody know some other great circuits?
AO Silver Member

County: Somerset

Member car:

156GTA & 33racer

Good thing I went a year or so ago with my heavily modified Alfa.....
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 GTA

Thanks for that. I think.
Was a bit gibberized by bablefish but get the idea

Will wait and see what happens on the ground I think.

If it does turn out to be true this would push me more towords doing a closed day or two where you get more track time anyway.

Presume rent-a-racecar type places will have to do some serious work, if they aren't alreayd TUV certified.

Cheers,
TB
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 GTA

Yes they might have noticed that one!!

No speedo, no anything other than a seat, an engine, a steering wheel and some wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward View Post
Good thing I went a year or so ago with my heavily modified Alfa.....
AO Member

County: Kent

I've seen heavily modded RX7's & Skylines get turned away for the last few years for noise... bikes likewise. There'll be a reasonable leniency for foreign cars - lets face it, they even installed a right-hand-side ticket machine at the barriers this year because so much of their bread & butter comes from the UK. They're not going to tug for lowered cars because the UK system of approvals is so much different from Germany & Holland. Basically there, if your car is lower than stock, it has to be an approved mod, written into the registration document. If it's not (when checked at TUV time, or on a spot check), your car is not roadworthy & will be impounded.

Trying to prove that & disallowing a UK car to enter the Ring cos it has LED rear lights or a sports exhaust - they won't be able to enforce it without ****ing off everyone there. Who buys TUV approved products as a rule in the UK? & if you do, do you keep a copy of the certificate in the car?

Won't happen.

Re. Ring times - new times come out in early January, but will be subject to serious change until late March because of snow etc.

Paddy

Just Sold: 2001 156 2.4 JTD (140) Sportwagon Veloce
Replaced by: 2004 (54) Saab 9-5 2.2TiD Linear Sport
Also own: 2007 (07) Vauxhall Astra Twintop 1.6
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 GTA

I see Denmark appears to have an exception!

Peter K will be pleased.

All based on the gibberized bablefish translation though..
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbraker View Post
Presume rent-a-racecar type places will have to do some serious work, if they aren't alreayd TUV certified.
TB
Rent-a-racecar are actually in a good position as their cars have to get through TUV on an annual basis anyway, so their paperwork will be in order.

I think Ron is in a more exposed position, but as the rumours indicate that he is not overly concerned about it, then I would be cautiously optimistic about the strictness of applying this to foreign plated cars.

Imagine the costs and loss of revenue to Nurburgring Gmbh.

Most likely, they will use these new rules as a PR exercise to show they are taking safety seriously, and pick on the occassional obviously modified car and haul it over for a full TUV stripdown. Much like the way the sound checks have been applied.

I suppose we will only know for sure as it unfolds in practice.

In the meantime I guess the private track days are sounding increasingly more attractive.
AO Member

County: Noord Brabant

Member car:

147 GTA

From what I hear Ron's cars are supposed to be TUV approved, but I doubt if this is the case with all of them?

First signs were pretty bad, but things are starting to clear up.

But going to the ring without a single thought about the state of your car, is definately over. And when building a ringtool, you have to be very aware of what's going to get on track, and what's not.

The experience is to good to stop going. IMO no trackday can compare to a good ring-weekend. Even a sunny day at Spa, although that is pretty special considering it rains there most of the time.

Robert Guezen
www.147GTA.nl

147 GTA '03
156 3.0 V6 Q2 Movit (Intrax) Madeno Ringtool
Unregistered

I'm very interested to know how this applies to non-German cars. My GTA will be there on Greek registration, we don't need to meet the same TUV spec's applicable to Germany.You are allowed exhausts(within reason) lowered suspensions are allowed if you have coil overs ie.Bilstein, Eibach,Intrax,Koni,Autodelta etc.., no problem.
My car is noisier than standard yes but not that much(full Supersprint system from manifold to tailpipe).Basically if someone pops the hood there is nothing that shouts out loud that this is a modified car as it's NA.
It would be a shame to make such a trek & not be allowed on the track but in my case showing the car to other Alfisti who can check out the big brakes, coil overs,roll bars,BBS 19's etc...., in itself will for me clear up some issues. Postings, photo's etc can only do so much, presenting the car for many AO members to see, well that's a different matter all together.
I will keep checking to see when the date is, hopefully it all works out at a suitable time.
Ciao
AO Platinum Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

i am also very interested as mines stripped out and was there last year and really want to go again in the new year. have to read up on it i guess...
Unregistered

I reckon there should be an "Open Class" for modified vehicles, why restrict?
What I've seen at track days held at Kyalami in South Africa is a quick scrutineering of the vehicle, checking for oil leaks, condition of discs etc.
In this class they usually run super modified cars or track specials.Maybe we would be allowed to run the cars if they turned up to the Ring on a trailer????
Ciao,
AO Platinum Member

Garage

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

oil leaks?? thats what a pressure washer is for
AO Platinum Member

Garage

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

nope, last time was there, a bmw race team showed up with 3 race cars on a transporter, after 3 laps the police were there checking them out! i was speaking to the driver of the transporter. only reason for this was that the cars were not road legal! however, many cars did come on a trailer tho, but but still road legal.
AO Member

County: Noord Brabant

Member car:

147 GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro3.7 View Post
My car is noisier than standard yes but not that much(full Supersprint system from manifold to tailpipe).Basically if someone pops the hood there is nothing that shouts out loud that this is a modified car as it's NA.
If nothing shouts "modified" when you go through the gate, you will probaby have no trouble getting on.

Only thing is the exhaust. My guess is they are going to be pretty hard on noisy exhaust next year (to keep the locals living around the track happy). 95 dB is the limit and they measure it from 1 metre behind the car at a certain throttle position. Doesn't matter what nationality the car has, 95 dB is the limit to drive there.

I'm think I'm gonna have problems also with the Madeno on the 156 and the CSC on the GTA. Probably gonna need the origineal centre pipe with silencer.
AO Platinum Member

Garage

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

noise wise i think i might be ok.... i think anyway!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
2008 , nurburgring

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page